Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1160 on: October 24, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »
Apparently people would prefer 10 years of lockdowns/deaths before a vaccine....

Go figure.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1161 on: October 24, 2021, 11:24:45 PM »
theRe aRE nO lONg-tERM stUdieS on tHE VAccIne

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41593-021-00926-1

That’s not a vaccine study. It’s not even a great virus study because it’s focus is super narrow.

i'm aware it's not a vaccine study. i've been making the argument that "i won't take the vaccine because i don't know the long-term health effects" is silly because one also does not know the long-term health effects of covid-69. this study indicates that such long-term effects are worth taking seriously.

Yeah, “long Covid” was vague enough that fuckwits could hand wave away the 33% of people that suffer from it.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 25, 2021, 05:37:53 AM »
Apparently people would prefer 10 years of lockdowns/deaths before a vaccine....

Go figure.
What makes you think this will last 10 years?
The only comparable pandemic is the Spanish Flu which killed a lot more people than Covid and lasted about 2 years. And that was without a vaccine.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 25, 2021, 06:47:39 AM »

Go figure.
The only comparable pandemic is the Spanish Flu which killed a lot more people than Covid and lasted about 2 years. And that was without a vaccine.

Study length.
Ie. "yep, long term study.  Its safe."

So basically "we wanna wait for a vaccine until years after we don't need it."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1164 on: October 25, 2021, 07:27:56 AM »

Go figure.

Study length.
Ie. "yep, long term study.  Its safe."

So basically "we wanna wait for a vaccine until years after we don't need it."

The corona virus is not an influenza virus. I have a feeling it will be with us for some time like the cold. We'll keep getting reinfected with some other strain or because of waning immunity (whether natural or vaccine derived)

The only people left unharmed will be those that were smart enough to take a vaccine when they had access

If the threat of Covid goes away it will be by the weak being culled and the genetics of those left alive as strong enough to pass on.

People can go for natural immunity if they wish. It's a roll of the dice whether they come out the other side unscathed. I'm vaccinated so I don't give a shit for their ills. I don't even care about mingling with these muppets. If I come in contact with the SARS-Cov-2 virus, I'll simply consider it my unofficial booster. Being vaccinated my body doesn't give a flap. And hey, if I'm infected maybe I can even bag myself an unvaccinated moron to get their Darwin award 8)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 28, 2021, 12:59:16 AM »
Imperfect vaccination makes you a health hazard - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516275/

Vaccines that let the hosts survive but do not prevent the spread of the pathogen relax this selection, allowing the evolution of hotter pathogens to occur.

Rama Set

« Reply #1166 on: October 28, 2021, 01:36:11 AM »
Imperfect vaccination makes you a health hazard - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516275/

Vaccines that let the hosts survive but do not prevent the spread of the pathogen relax this selection, allowing the evolution of hotter pathogens to occur.

This paper is about incredibly deadly chicken viruses. It makes sense that if you give a virus that doesn’t have much time to spread more purchase, then it would be able to mutate more freely. I wonder what the numbers look like with COVID, a much less deadly virus already. COVID gets many more chances to mutate among the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, so the principal being proposed here isn’t very applicable. But hey, go on and tell me I am not a medical expert, etc…

« Reply #1167 on: October 28, 2021, 02:09:39 AM »

nice lying.

from the abstract:

"Our data show that anti-disease vaccines that do not prevent transmission can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts."

covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission, and they protect you from more severe strains of the disease.

i also enjoyed this tidbit: "Our data do not demonstrate that vaccination was responsible for the evolution of hyperpathogenic strains of MDV, and we may never know for sure why they evolved in the first place."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:11:37 AM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 03, 2021, 05:09:42 AM »
covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission

This is incorrect.

There is no correlation between vaccination rates and increases in Covid-19. Who would have thought?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 03, 2021, 05:52:47 AM »

This is incorrect.

There is no correlation between vaccination rates and increases in Covid-19. Who would have thought?

Your source is, for one, outdated (September) and for two, says this about Puerto Rico:

"Arecibo (Puerto Rico) counties have above 90% of their population fully vaccinated with all three being classified as “High” transmission."

But then look at the actual stats:

I wonder what caused the covid hospitalization cases to plummet? I don't know about "transmission" numbers from vaccinated to others, but something caused hospitalization and case counts to dramatically fall.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 03, 2021, 10:01:35 AM »
I don't know about "transmission" numbers from vaccinated to others
Of course you don't.

but something caused hospitalization and case counts to dramatically fall.
People who handle the reporting do so in much the same fashion as you handle your posts here.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #1171 on: November 03, 2021, 11:19:39 AM »
I don't know about "transmission" numbers from vaccinated to others
Of course you don't.

Ontario hasn’t changed testing and reporting requirements and has been loosening restrictions to the point that they are almost gone and we had no significant uptick in cases during that time, including when children returned to school. The only mitigating factor was the vaccine.

but something caused hospitalization and case counts to dramatically fall.
People who handle the reporting do so in much the same fashion as you handle your posts here.

It’s a plandemic! Wake up Sheeple! When Trump is announces he has been reinstated we will be free!
#trusttheplan #wwg1wga

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 03, 2021, 01:56:13 PM »

This is incorrect.

Your source is, for one, outdated (September) and for two, says this about Puerto Rico:

"Arecibo (Puerto Rico) counties have above 90% of their population fully vaccinated with all three being classified as “High” transmission."

But then look at the actual stats:

I wonder what caused the covid hospitalization cases to plummet? I don't know about "transmission" numbers from vaccinated to others, but something caused hospitalization and case counts to dramatically fall.

September is not outdated. People have been taking the vaccine in large numbers all year.

Per the graph, you will find that the other graphs for Puerto Rico on that NYT page you got the graph from, which you didn't link us to or even specify the source of for what I can only construe as unethical reasons, shows that the stats are going up and down, and that it has not been flat since May.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/puerto-rico-covid-cases.html

The data for your graph and the case and death count comes from somewhat different sources:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:03:08 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 06, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
Seems the primary study touting Pfizer was full of holes:

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 06, 2021, 11:22:55 PM »

"Full of holes" is kind of stretch. Ventavia, the research contractor in question used by Pfizer, among many - According to Brook Jackson, the whistleblower, who worked at Ventavia for 2 weeks:

"The Pfizer Phase III trial involved 44,000 people and 153 locations. From August 2020 through Sept. 17, 2020 — when she was fired — Jackson told CBS 17 that Ventavia accounted for at least 1,200 of those people and accounted for three sites."
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/fact-check-report-questioning-pfizer-trial-shouldnt-undermine-confidence-in-vaccines/

Still, even though it's a fraction of the trial, definitely worthy of investigation.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 07, 2021, 05:21:18 AM »

"Full of holes" is kind of stretch. Ventavia, the research contractor in question used by Pfizer, among many - According to Brook Jackson, the whistleblower, who worked at Ventavia for 2 weeks:

"The Pfizer Phase III trial involved 44,000 people and 153 locations. From August 2020 through Sept. 17, 2020 — when she was fired — Jackson told CBS 17 that Ventavia accounted for at least 1,200 of those people and accounted for three sites."
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/fact-check-report-questioning-pfizer-trial-shouldnt-undermine-confidence-in-vaccines/

Still, even though it's a fraction of the trial, definitely worthy of investigation.
153 sites and 12 checked.

That's full of holes.

You would promote buying a blanket with only 9 percent of the fabric present, stating,"What holes?"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 07, 2021, 06:11:12 AM »

That's full of holes.

You would promote buying a blanket with only 9 percent of the fabric present, stating,"What holes?"

Where did you get 12 from? I can't find that anywhere. I'm not saying that's not true, I just don't see it mentioned.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 07, 2021, 06:58:36 AM »

That's full of holes.

Where did you get 12 from? I can't find that anywhere. I'm not saying that's not true, I just don't see it mentioned.
This sounds like "I'm a shitty company" from Ventavia.  Or segmented data.  Or bad managers.  Or overworked people.

Basically less malevelance and more 'people not doing their jobs well'.

Or maybe the company Ventavia is like marketing companies: faking all their data because no one wants to take surveys.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 07, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »

The video mentions 9 checked and you stated 3 more were checked. 9+3=12.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 10:58:37 AM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 07, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »