Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently The Revolution Has Begun
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »
Yeah, gun stores never get robbed because everyone knows that the owners and patrons are packing heat!

oh wait that doesn't actually deter criminals nevermind

http://www.aikenstandard.com/article/20140612/AIK0101/140619823
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/charles-rowan-gun-store-manner_n_4345204.html <- literally decided to rob a gun store with a hammer.  succeeded.  deterrence works, right?!
http://www.wboc.com/story/13897486/4-arrested-in-laurel-gun-shop-robbery
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/coroner-called-to-shooting-at-gun-shop/23715272#!Ysf0E
http://www.wthr.com/story/19562707/two-shot-at-dons-guns

hey remember that episode of it's always sunny when dennis threatens to shoot that guy and then everyone in the gun shop pulls out a gun and stops him?  that was awesome and never actually happens

Nice straw man. This post would be relevant if anyone had actually mentioned whether or not gun stores get robbed. You should try reading Junker's post again and find out where you went wrong.

It was a gun show, get your facts straight.

Oh and all that other stuff I agree with.

Gun shows, gun stores or even gun ranges don't always result in a shooting massacre, this goes directly against your idea that lots of people in a confined space with guns is a bad thing.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Gun shows, gun stores or even gun ranges don't always result in a shooting massacre, this goes directly against your idea that lots of people in a confined space with guns is a bad thing.
Untrue. You don't need always, you need often.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:24 AM »
I've been surrounded by guns my whole life, whether at home, gunshows, gunstores, Iraq, out target shooting, hunting, or simply carrying a concealed pistol, or whatever, and the only time I've ever had a loaded gun pointed at me was in Wurzburg, Germany back in 97 while waiting at a stoplight.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »
I've been surrounded by guns my whole life, whether at home, gunshows, gunstores, Iraq, out target shooting, hunting, or simply carrying a concealed pistol, or whatever, and the only time I've ever had a loaded gun pointed at me was in Wurzburg, Germany back in 97 while waiting at a stoplight.

Where was your Gun then?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 03:39:42 AM »
Where was your Gun then?
Presumably America.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 02:10:07 AM »
Where was your Gun then?
My Gun (capitol G and all) was at my dad's house back in the states. 

Anyway, I was in Germany.  With all their firearm regulations in place, I thought I wasn't supposed to be concerned about someone walking up to my car and pointing a gun through the window.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 06:30:27 AM »

Where was your Gun then?
What good does pulling out a gun do when you already have a loaded gun pointing at you?
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
Where was your Gun then?
My Gun (capitol G and all) was at my dad's house back in the states. 

Anyway, I was in Germany.  With all their firearm regulations in place, I thought I wasn't supposed to be concerned about someone walking up to my car and pointing a gun through the window.
How do you know it was loaded?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

Where was your Gun then?
What good does pulling out a gun do when you already have a loaded gun pointing at you?

The only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Besides I am trained to use a gun because I go shooting every weekend with my buddies. Criminals are not trained because they are too busy doing drgs.