Re: GPS
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
As he says when you dial 112 the phone uses any available network.  Nothing to do with GPS.

Ghost of V

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »
As he says when you dial 112 the phone uses any available network.  Nothing to do with GPS.

Yes, but you don't need cell service.

GPS uses a similar technology. That's all I'm trying to demonstrate.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 11:02:40 PM »

Yes, but you don't need cell service.

GPS uses a similar technology. That's all I'm trying to demonstrate.
You do not need service from your cell service provider, just from any one.  GPS is a totally different technology.

Ghost of V

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
GPS is a totally different technology.

No it's really not.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 11:19:08 PM »

No it's really not.
Please explain with some details and reference to technical specs.

For avoidance of doubt the existance of A does not prove the non existance of B.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:20:47 PM by inquisitive »

Rama Set

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »

No it's really not.

Thank you for backing up your claim, but he did say exactly what i did. You must be within range of any cell tower not just the towers in your network. As for GPS being the same technology, all the evidence is contrary to your position unless you can show is something new.

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
As for GPS being the same technology, all the evidence is contrary to your position unless you can show is something new.

What evidence? Please elaborate.

Rama Set

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »
As for GPS being the same technology, all the evidence is contrary to your position unless you can show is something new.

You first.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »

Technical specs, manufacturers documentation.

eg.  www.gps.gov

http://www.etsi.org/technologies-clusters/technologies/mobile/gsm

Ghost of V

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »

This is a claim. Claims need to be substantiated. Please substantiate your claim of evidence, because I haven't seen any.

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »

This is a claim. Claims need to be substantiated. Please substantiate your claim of evidence, because I haven't seen any.
You are making the claim, where have you looked?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:50:13 PM by inquisitive »

Offline Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:16 PM »

Not true at all, the onus for proof is on you for making a claim that goes against the vast majority of evidence available. Any claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Scepti is the most eminent flat earth scientist of our generation, he's never even heard of you clowns.

Ghost of V

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

Here is a list of cell tower manufacturers.

Here is a look at how to build a cell tower, including tech specs and instructions.

Not true at all, the onus for proof is on you for making a claim that goes against the vast majority of evidence available. Any claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I haven't seen any of this evidence. Rama and inquistive made a claim that there was evidence that GPS worked via satellites. Where is this evidence? Isn't the burden of proof on you to produce this evidence for me? What am I arguing against if you haven't any evidence?

Ridiculous.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:52:19 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:09 PM »

Here is a look at how to build a cell tower, including tech specs and instructions.
That is nothing to do with services on a particular tower.  See the 2 links above.

GPS works in the absence of cell phone coverage.  Middle of oceans is one place.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:54:13 PM by inquisitive »

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »

That is nothing to do with services on a particular tower.  See links above.

That's what you asked for. I don't know what else you want.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »

That is nothing to do with services on a particular tower.  See links above.

That's what you asked for. I don't know what else you want.
Read the links about GPS and GSM.  The US system is not the only GPS system.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:00:03 AM by inquisitive »

Offline Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:11 PM »

I haven't seen any of this evidence. Rama and inquistive made a claim that there was evidence that GPS worked via satellites. Where is this evidence? Isn't the burden of proof on you to produce this evidence for me? What am I arguing against if you haven't any evidence?

You have to agree that the vastly agreed upon way cell phones work is through radiowaves, satellites and the such. Not saying you agree with it, just that is what the majority of people believe. You are making the claim that they work by sonar, a claim against the greater evidence. You have presented no evidence to this, so we can on the side of the accepted model dismiss your claim without any need of backing evidence on our part.

It's called Hitchens's razor, check it out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:00:56 AM by Lemmiwinks »
Scepti is the most eminent flat earth scientist of our generation, he's never even heard of you clowns.

Ghost of V

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »

You have to agree that the vastly agreed upon way cell phones work is through radiowaves, satellites and the such. Not saying you agree with it, just that is what the majority of people believe. You are making the claim that they work by sonar, a claim against the greater evidence. You have presented no evidence to this, so we can on the side of the accepted model dismiss your claim without any need of backing evidence.

I'm familar with Hitchen's razor and it doesn't apply here.

What you're doing is pulling a argumentum ad populum and then dismissing my claim solely based on that without providing evidence that cellphones work via radio waves/satellites what have you. Your claim is just as ridiculous as mine. Sure, a few people might agree with you, but so what? My mom agrees that I am the best-looking person in the world, but what does that prove? Nothing.

Please provide evidence of your outlandish claims.

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 12:04:20 AM »

You have to agree that the vastly agreed upon way cell phones work is through radiowaves, satellites and the such. Not saying you agree with it, just that is what the majority of people believe. You are making the claim that they work by sonar, a claim against the greater evidence. You have presented no evidence to this, so we can on the side of the accepted model dismiss your claim without any need of backing evidence.

What you're doing is pulling a argumentum ad populum and then dismissing my claim solely based on that without providing evidence that cellphones work via radio waves/satellites what have you. Your claim is just as ridiculous as mine. Sure, a few people might agree with you, but so what? My mom agrees that I am the best-looking person in the world, but what does that prove? Nothing.

Read the 2 links and provide technical details of how you believe both systems work.

Ghost of V

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »

Read the 2 links and provide technical details of how you believe both systems work.

I don't need to. I understand how it works in your model. It's a commonly accepted theory, and it's spread by the goverment. Note .gov.