Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
Daytime/Nighttime half moon
« on: November 16, 2020, 02:44:41 PM »
According to the WIKI diagram here: https://wiki.tfes.org/Electromagnetic_Acceleration#Lunar_Phases

The FE explanation for 1/2 moon phases would have them always occurring with an identical relationship to the sun.  This being the case, how is it possible to have both a daytime 1/2 moon as well as a nighttime 1/2 moon which can be easily witnessed.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Daytime/Nighttime half moon
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 03:03:25 PM »
Draw a moon somewhere in the middle of that side view diagram, and then draw descending curving lines away from it like the Sun in EA. Some of those Moon rays will end up on the daylight side, and some on the night side.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »
Draw a moon somewhere in the middle of that side view diagram, and then draw descending curving lines away from it like the Sun in EA. Some of those Moon rays will end up on the daylight side, and some on the night side.

Thank you for your reply, Tom.

I'll specifically talk about the 1st quarter moon which can be viewed both in daylight and dark.

If we allow the sun's orbit to be described as a clock, when looking away from the earth in the diagram the 1st quarter moon will always appear at 3:00 with the sun always being at 12:00.  This is always the orientation of the 1st quarter moon for the FE orbits to be accurate, always.  This being the case, drawing a moon somewhere else on the diagram is irrelevant to the 1st quarter moon's position to a viewer on the earth.  The relationship of viewer, moon, and sun is always the same.  As such, the light reflecting off of the moon at the time of the 1st quarter moon always travels the same direction.  Therefore, the 1st quarter moon must appear the same in relationship to ambient light at the time it's viewed.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »
Unless the Moon is directly at the position of the Sun there should always be an area in the Moon's reach which overlaps with night.

Can you draw a picture to explain what you mean?

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 07:34:00 PM »
Thank you for responding again.

Unless the Moon is directly at the position of the Sun there should always be an area in the Moon's reach which overlaps with night.

Can you draw a picture to explain what you mean?

I would furnish a picture but I'm not familiar with uploading to the forum at the moment so let me elaborate and maybe state my point a little better.  I believe the WIKI map is enough to illustrate my point.

You are correct.  Under FE theory, there will always be an area in the Moon's reach with overlaps with night.  I don't debate that FE interpretation.  As I stated, in FE theory, the relationship to a specific point on earth, the Sun, and the 1st quarter moon is fixed every cycle.  The sun leads the moon by 90 degrees and they are on equal plane.  With the north pole as the center of the orbit, if we designate the sun at 12:00 then the first quarter moon sits at 3:00 as we look away from the plane regardless where on the plane a person is located.  This relationship is true every new moon.

As you state, at that exact point and time, the moon will be visible in varying degrees of daylight at other locations on the plane, but for a specific point on the plane, the ambient light must be identical for every 1st quarter moon viewed from that location.  This is fixed because the relationship of the three points are fixed.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »
Tom,

Let me clarify my 12:00-3:00 reference as the position of 12:00 changes depending on where an observer is on the plane.  On the FE monopole map, longitude lines emit radially from the north pole.  Taking an observer closer to the pole than the equator, when the new moon passes the longitude line of the observer, the observer will be looking directly south with south being 3:00 from the pole and the sun being at 12:00.

I apologize for having to use a round earth model for number purposes but the general idea remains the same.  Using a RE map, and I'll use rough locations since it's difficult to pin an exact longitude from a representative world map.

At Los Angeles.  New Moon at approx. 120 deg. W sun at approx. 150 deg E.
At Tokyo. New Moon at approx. 140 deg. E. sun at approx. 50 deg. E.
At Greenwich.  New Moon at 0 deg. sun at 90 deg. W

The point being, that at each location, the new moon-sun relationship doesn't change.  It can't in a FE model.  As such, the ambient light surrounding a new moon, be it some shade of light or dark, must remain constant for every new moon at that location.  You can't have a both a day 1st quarter and night 1st quarter at Los Angeles since the sun and moon will always be in the same location relative to L.A.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:30:46 PM »
Tom,

1st attempt to upload a picture.  Not sure if it will be successful.

Position of Sun, Moon, me and North Pole when looking down on a flat earth map from above.  These positions are constant for every 1st quarter moon.

Offline jamball

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 08:31:40 PM »
According to the WIKI diagram here: https://wiki.tfes.org/Electromagnetic_Acceleration#Lunar_Phases

The FE explanation for 1/2 moon phases would have them always occurring with an identical relationship to the sun.  This being the case, how is it possible to have both a daytime 1/2 moon as well as a nighttime 1/2 moon which can be easily witnessed.
This diagram also implies that it is day time in Australia when they can see a full moon which has never been observed.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:03 PM »
Tom,

1st attempt to upload a picture.  Not sure if it will be successful.

Position of Sun, Moon, me and North Pole when looking down on a flat earth map from above.  These positions are constant for every 1st quarter moon.

Here's your image. Instead of a PDF make it a jpeg and upload it to something like imgur and grab the code it pop it in your post. Look at the code to see how.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 08:59:56 PM »
thank you for that.