Ghost of V

Re: Watch_Dogs
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »
So, Ubisoft deliberately gimped the fuck out of the PC version to make the parity with consoles seem higher than it is.

That's pretty disgusting.

Has happened before. It will happen again. Nothing new here.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2014, 04:40:31 AM »
So, Ubisoft deliberately gimped the fuck out of the PC version to make the parity with consoles seem higher than it is.

That's pretty disgusting.

Has happened before. It will happen again. Nothing new here.

If that really is what happened, there's certainly never been a case this atrocious.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2014, 06:21:36 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/20/ubisoft-comments-on-deactivated-watch-dogs-pc-settings

Ubisoft just released a statement about the mods. They claim that the changes negatively impact the game. That's pretty much their entire defense.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2014, 06:55:31 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/20/ubisoft-comments-on-deactivated-watch-dogs-pc-settings

Ubisoft just released a statement about the mods. They claim that the changes negatively impact the game. That's pretty much their entire defense.

They must have an interesting definition of what a negative impact is.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game’s visual fidelity in certain situations

lol ok
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Ghost of V

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »
So Rushy, this game has been out long enough. What are your impressions? Are you still playing the game or have you quit already? Did it live up to the hype?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
What are your impressions?

I'd say its similar to the first Assassin's Creed game in that the potential is there and it could be great, but just isn't. The gameplay is too jarring, too poorly thought out and somewhat repetitive. The fundamental idea of the game is still good, it just needs a lot more fine tuning.

I'd like to think a Watch Dogs 2 would be great the same way Assassin's Creed 2 is infinitely better than its predecessor.

Are you still playing the game or have you quit already? Did it live up to the hype?

I finished the game long ago and quit soon afterwards. It was fun, but it wasn't an unbelievably great game. Graphics issues aside some gameplay elements needed a big overhaul, particularly the driving. Every time you hit the forward button your character slams the gas down and spins the wheels like you're in a shitty action movie. I'd give it a 6/10 for good effort but bad presentation.

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2014, 10:59:05 PM »
Good thing this is Ubisofts next big gaem series, so you can expect Watch Dogs: Electric Boogaloo soon.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
Good thing this is Ubisofts next big gaem series, so you can expect Watch Dogs: Electric Boogaloo soon.

Ubisoft always does this. Take a good idea and make a pretty garbage first game just to test the waters, then makes a sequel that is actually worth playing. I always end up buying the first game anyway. I'm an idiot.

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
I still have like 3 assassins creed games in my steam library and I've never finished any of them. I'm a big idiot.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »
Contrary to popular belief, the first Assassin's Creed game is actually the best.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, the first Assassin's Creed game is actually the best.

I am of course omitting the ending of Assassin's Creed 2, but overall the second game is ridiculously better than the first in all aspects.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »
No, not all. Also not ridiculously. Not overall, and also not aspects.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »
No, not all. Also not ridiculously. Not overall, and also not aspects.

Ur dum.

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2014, 12:36:51 AM »
They're both bad games where you just walk around and assassinate people.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2014, 12:37:34 AM »
k

Ghost of V

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2014, 12:47:32 AM »
Very interesting and confirms some of my initial impressions of the game. How was the hacking element? Was it utilized well or did it end up feeling like a gimmick?

And by gimmick I mean 'cheap gimmick'.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:51:33 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:53 AM »
No. It feels and functions exactly like hacking in real life.

Ghost of V

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »
Yeah OK.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2014, 01:44:01 AM »
Very interesting and confirms some of my initial impressions of the game. How was the hacking element? Was it utilized well or did it end up feeling like a gimmick?

And by gimmick I mean 'cheap gimmick'.

It has potential. Some areas were well designed and allowed you to use the abilities appropriately. Other areas felt like it was forced and things were where they shouldn't be. Specifically cameras. Who puts a camera in a corner where it has a field of view around 10 degrees? People in watch dogs do, apparently.