• View Profile
Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
Unacceptable.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »
Does Jerry Seinfeld channel his jokes through YHWH?

Thork

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2014, 01:12:33 AM »
How often do you have to sing Hava Nagila?

Thork

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:04 PM »
Where is that tardy Jew? We have questions.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:46 PM »
Hello. Sorry for my rather lengthy absence. Greetings. Back now.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2014, 06:06:07 PM »
How does one become a Jew? Considering it's a religion, it'd have to be possible. Also, I have a phobia of going through the different pages of threads, so if you already answered, just let me know.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »
How does one become a Jew? Considering it's a religion, it'd have to be possible.

Be born a Jew. Because Judaism is a religion it's possible to be born a Jew.

You can convert, but that not really the same thing. You basically become one of those "familiars" from the Blade films.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
Yes, one can convert to Judaism, & be accepted into the Jewish Faith & People. Because being Jewish encompasses being culturally, ethnically, & religiously Jewish, conversion to Judaism requires more work than most faiths which do not have the ethnic or cultural components. Each movement of Judaism has differing requirements for conversion. For that matter, each Rabbi does things a bit differently. Furthermore, conversion by one movement doesn't guarantee acceptance by other movements. It can be complicated. However, all conversions will require 1-3 yrs prep time during which there must be learning about Jewish Faith & life. Generally, the more liberal the movement, the shorter the conversion process. If you wish particular information about a movement's requirements, let me know & I shall endeavour to provide it.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
Let us mark the passing of 3 innocent people for the Sanctification of the Holy Name of God. Although 2 were not Jews, the coward who shot them outside a Jewish community center didn't know that. As for the shooting @ the assisted living facility, her identity is unknown @ present. But she too died as a Jew, whether she was one or not. May they all make an aliah to God on High, & may their innocent deaths teach us the value of life. And may the coward who perpetrated this act against innocents be punished to the fullest extent of the law, & may his name be forever blotted out from memory.

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2014, 03:36:29 PM »
Let us mark the passing of 3 innocent people for the Sanctification of the Holy Name of God.

Context please. Sigh. Googles. OK.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/14/us-usa-kansas-shooting-idUSBREA3C0MX20140414

Although 2 were not Jews, the coward who shot them outside a Jewish community center didn't know that.

True. But they're still not Jews. Knowing or not knowing something does not change the state of the thing known.

As for the shooting @ the assisted living facility, her identity is unknown @ present. But she too died as a Jew, whether she was one or not.

No she didn't.

Basically the guy was a dick. I'm sure he'll get the full wrath of the law (assuming the people shot were white). But that doesn't mean you get to auto convert the deceased to your favourite deity of choice. That seems crass and disrespectful to me.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:27 AM »
No one's trying to auto-convert anyone. It turns out the 3rd person was Catholic. But all 3 were perceived to be Jews. That is why they were killed. They should be honoured accordingly in their final rest. I hope @ their funerals, someone from the Jewish community makes it a point of being present. Their sacrifice should not go unnoticed.

« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »
No one's trying to auto-convert anyone. It turns out the 3rd person was Catholic. But all 3 were perceived to be Jews. That is why they were killed. They should be honoured accordingly in their final rest.

No they shouldn't.

I hope @ their funerals, someone from the Jewish community makes it a point of being present. Their sacrifice should not go unnoticed.

They didn't make any sacrifice. I get sick of this word "sacrifice" that gets thrown around. They were shot. A retard had a gun and they were shot. They didn't choose to get shot. It was a thing that happened to them. They were shot. The world is not a better place thanks to them being shot.

If a Jewish person attends the funeral it should be at the behest of the family, not because he wants to "make a point". Would you expect a Walmart manager to attend the funeral of a person shot outside a Walmart?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:58 AM »
jroa told me all jews listen to Twisted Sister. Is this true?
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2014, 07:43:42 AM »
No it isn't. I've never heard their music.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
Yaakov, are the Jews literally Satan? Brother Nathanael seems to think so.

Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
I like his beard
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2014, 10:23:51 AM »
Well, one, Israel has no territorial designs beyond what it currently controls (in terms of her Government). Even those of us who do would limit greater Israel to Israel Proper, The Gaza Strip, The Golan Heights, and the West Bank. Saying anything about wanting everything from Morocco to Israel just makes him look like a schmuck.

Given that "the Synagogue" has never been a threat in Russia, the statement re: Putin is just stupid. In fact, in the latest mess in Ukraine, the Right Wing Government in Kiev has been heavily Neo-Nazi influenced, to point that the Chief Rabbi of the city has ordered the Jewish community there to flee the city, and preferably the country. Many of them have actually gone to Putin's Russia to seek support.

Our friend Nathanael is clearly an idiot. He knows very little about Judaism. In fact, he knows so little about it that I wonder if his claim to having been a Jew isn't invented bullshit. If its actually true, then he must have been in one of those shuls where worship has taken a back seat to social justice. That would be a Reform Temple for one. For two, there are very few that have fallen into that trap, probably just the same percentage of churches that have.

He does have a neat beard. Rather like my own.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
post pics of your beard
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »
I mean, God, yes, there has always been a streak of anti-Semitism in Russia. That can't be denied. The Czars followed anti-Semitic policies (most of them) as did the Soviet Government, but Putin never has. I've never heard a Jew, Russian or otherwise, complain about Putin in particular. A lot of Russian Jews would like to leave Russia, but that is not because they hate Putin per se. That is because a lot of people generally would like to leave Russia, because her economy is a mess, opportunities there are limited, and one can do better elsewhere. It has nothing to do with Putin currying favour with Russian Orthodoxy. That is to be expected. He's a Russian. What would you expect him to do, curry favour with Confucianism? I mean, really! People can be stupid!