Re: No flights over the north or south pole at the moment?
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »
The rim model is (obviously, but maybe preliminary?) a 2D  projection of a 3D globe. But there is no projection of a 3D to 2D object without drawbacks. Either areas are represented correctly, or  distances, or angles. Assuming earth IS a 3D globe, this limitations are well understood, so there are different kinds of projections according to specific needs. None of them represent all facts undistorted. Only a 3D model globe would do that (assuming of course that earth IS a globe).
Now you claim the earth to be flat. So there is no projection needed to "map" a 3D surface to a 2D piece of paper since it is already 2D.

What I find here is that it is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to construct an alleged real  2D surface that does not contradict to common 3D observations or measurements.
So all these findings must be conspiracy driven fake , you say. Let`s see!

For a start I´d like to focus on distances. On the "rim-model" "projection" (I put this in hyphenation since there is no need for a projection from flat to flat)  for example South America is decently larger than NA, which contradicts RE and necessarily translates to larger distances, also contradicting RE.
I read (from several posts) and understood that these discrepancies are supposed to be real facts but suppressed by conspiracy.
I also read that a NON STOP everyday common airline flight from Santiago de Chile to, say, Perth, Australia (about 25.000 km in FE)  is only possible because ASA fuel is much more powerful than expected (my first good laugh today!)

Not my point to come, but, by the way: according to the rim-map you´d have to go thru all South America, North America, the north pole, Japan, to get to Perth! If you want to go straight (=>25.000 km) , of course! If your conspiracy-pilot needs to travel solely over water - to fake the logical route of an RE flight, which officially takes place mainly across the pacific and takes say 12000 km) he might well need to go 30.000 km - taking the fuel capacity to the limit! Fuel Rambo he is!

Of course, I hear you say, this is all done by conspiracy. But: A common business airplane is capable of travelling at 900 km/h (I never heard anybody deny that here). So it might reach 12000 km in 13 hours. Which is (so what?) exactly the official RE  airline schedule from Santiago to Perth (or be it Sydney, who cares).
You will find thousands of testimonial passengers to assure you that a flight from Sydney to Santiago will take about 13 hours. All participants of conspiracy?
How, in FE , can a 13 hours non stop  flight reach about 30,000 km? You would need to travel at 2307 km/h - in "words":  1357 mph

Now let me come to my main argument:
Cars have built in devices to count mileage. On Google maps and similar you get a relatively precise estimation of distances between A and B. I never heard anybody complain that the mileage counter of his car severely differed from what Google (representing RE) predicted! ( I used to earn money as a truck driver, and I DO know, what I´m talking about!)
If FET were true, there would be numerous complaints of drivers, that the record of their mileage counters would not correspond to Google estimations and COMMON SIGNS right on the road telling the distance from A to B!

Here we have an example of MILLIONS of untouched-by-conspiracy testimonials who are quite satisfied with the accuracy of their mileage counters - be them in Scotland or in Tasmania! How come?

Are you going to make my second good laugh today by telling me that mileage counters of every car manufacturers are trimmed according to the latitude they are supposed to be driven at??

Thork

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
Are you going to make my second good laugh today by telling me that mileage counters of every car manufacturers are trimmed according to the latitude they are supposed to be driven at??
That was a huge post and I don't have time to address all of it. I have debated maps at length before. But as you are looking for a laugh, I will pick out your final point.

How accurate do you think a car milometer is? The mileage you get given is dependant on the pressure of your tyres, which can also vary depending on the temperature of the day, altitude, and then there are the roads themselves, you think when it says "7 miles" to the next town it is exactly 7 miles to the nearest foot? Then there are instrument calibration errors, road surface conditions, weather conditions /wet/slippery/dusty - then you have to drive the direct route ... no wandering in your lane or changing lanes on the motorway, traffic and over taking ...

You can take your car's milometer with a pinch of salt. Its a ballpark, not a scientific instrument.

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2015, 07:12:32 PM »
That was a huge post and I don't have time to address all of it. I have debated maps at length before. But as you are looking for a laugh, I will pick out your final point.

How accurate do you think a car milometer is? The mileage you get given is dependant on the pressure of your tyres, which can also vary depending on the temperature of the day, altitude, and then there are the roads themselves, you think when it says "7 miles" to the next town it is exactly 7 miles to the nearest foot? Then there are instrument calibration errors, road surface conditions, weather conditions /wet/slippery/dusty - then you have to drive the direct route ... no wandering in your lane or changing lanes on the motorway, traffic and over taking ...

You can take your car's milometer with a pinch of salt. Its a ballpark, not a scientific instrument.
Any examples of measured distances not being consistent with a round earth?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »

Any examples of measured distances not being consistent with a round earth?
Thork often confuses repeatability with accuracy. The way of the troll is to impugn the accuracy and forget to measure the consistency of a theory. For example, FET fails to explain the lack of recorded flights over the NP, while RET consistently explains the lack of recorded flights over both poles. (There are not as many data towers in the tundra or over oceans.)
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2015, 08:17:42 PM »

How accurate do you think a car milometer is?
Thank you for your reply! I hope you or someone else here will respond to the rest soon! If you and others have debated maps at length before, I´d also be grateful for any links that point to the topics adressed in my post!

According to § 57 Abs. 3 StVZO in Germany a milometer is allowed to differ +/- 4 %
Ok, this is theory, and you did a great job listing all possible causes that influence accuracy even further.
But all these factors put together don´t ADD UP necessarily, they statistically might as well nullify each other.
But let´s generously assume we have a deviation of 10%.
If we look at the "classic" FE map latitudinal  distances here (compared to officially claimed distances of course) within Argentina differ from latitudinal distances within Canada at an amount of at least 300% !!

Might be the reason why taxi rides in Argentina are a bargain?

For the record: (Do I need to tell that for obvious reasons) I definitely am NOT satisfied with this answer!(?)

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
Not much relevant answering going on here!
I don´want my questions to vanish unheard in some side-branch of this forum.
Maybe these have been discussed at other places of this forum  - so I asked to kindly provide links to it.
Since nobody has answered even that, I intend to open a new thread - if you don´t mind!

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
Not much relevant answering going on here!
I don´want my questions to vanish unheard in some side-branch of this forum.
Maybe these have been discussed at other places of this forum  - so I asked to kindly provide links to it.
Since nobody has answered even that, I intend to open a new thread - if you don´t mind!
Are you too tired to search for yourself?
God is real.