Offline kalyn

• View Profile
the moon eclipse and moonset
« on: September 13, 2015, 06:54:57 PM »

Hey. I am new in this field, the idea of a flat earth I really like. I read and studied many arguments on the subject and found almost all of them very relevant. Yet I have two major concerns and  if someone could explain to me, i will be very pleased.
1. The first misunderstanding relates to how the moon and the sun sets after skyline. if the Earth were flat should i should not see how the moon sets but should see her going away and getting smaller until disappears. I see the moon go down below the horizon maintaining its same size.

2. proof that the earth is not flat it is on our lunar eclipse when the sun is behind the earth and the shadow cast by the earth  on the surface of the moon is round. can someone explain to me why the shadow thrown on the surface of the moon is round?

Offline huh?

• View Profile
Re: the moon eclipse and moonset
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:26:22 PM »
Hi kalyn, the Earth is round and orbits around the sun which actually accounts for everything we observe.

However if you just like the idea that it is flat, there is no real reason to justify that preference with logic. You can just enjoy the idea and share that belief with the other nice people here who also like to think that it is flat.

Neither the Sun or the Moon move in a way that would match the typical flat earth model.
But that in itself would only indicate that the model is incorrect and not whether the Earth is flat or round.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:07:40 PM by huh? »