Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5060 on: April 05, 2020, 09:45:51 PM »
But this isn't Trump's base, though. His approval ratings are up, meaning that people who previously didn't support him now do, despite the fact that this is easily Trump's biggest and most catastrophic failure yet. You can acknowledge the fact that national crises generally lead to the president's approval rating going up while also being genuinely confused that it even applies when the crisis is so clearly one of the president's own making. It's not like the point of contention happened years ago or anything. Trump denied the crisis was real, downplayed it, and defended his decision to do essentially nothing about it on many different occasions over the last few months. Do people just not remember two months ago or something?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: April 05, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: April 06, 2020, 03:44:44 AM »
Y'all realize he went up by a whole 3 points, yeah?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: April 06, 2020, 04:09:48 AM »
“We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and ... correct the public health.” - Joe Biden

Poor Joe Biden. This is clearly a senile old man that the party is trying to force into presidency.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: April 06, 2020, 04:17:15 AM »
“We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and ... correct the public health.” - Joe Biden

Poor Joe Biden. This is clearly a senile old man that the party is trying to force into presidency.

Considering Donald Trump's war room has already posted altered speeches of Biden to show he's mentally unfit, I wouldn't trust them to post the correct time.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: April 06, 2020, 04:50:37 AM »
Here is the ABC video. Looks legitimate. See around the 8:40 mark.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:18:09 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: April 06, 2020, 07:32:38 AM »

Yeah. America needs a proper orator like Trump.

"I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. They’re noisy. They kill the birds. You want to see a bird graveyard? Go under a windmill someday. You’ll see more birds than you’ve ever seen in your life. They’re made in China and Germany mostly. But they’re manufactured tremendous if you’re into this, tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.
You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything, right?"
You see all those [windmills]. They’re all different shades of color. They’re like sort of white, but one is like an orange-white. It’s my favorite color, orange."

???
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: April 06, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »

Poor Trump. This is clearly a senile old man already IN the presidency.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-speech-veterans-student-debt-isis-a9074261.html

"“We're holding thousands of Isis fighters right now - prisoners. And we're going to give them to, from where they came. The Europe (sic), certain countries in Europe, they got to take them back because we don't want to hold them,” "

“The members of our armed forcef (sic) I, and you understand that very well - the members of our armed forcer (sic) have always lived by the word of Douglas Magarth (sic): ‘In war, there is no substitute for victory’."

“Today, I'm also calling upon all 50 states to immediately waive all appliculble (sic) state taxes as well,” Mr Trump said regarding veterans, before moving onto praising a disabled veteran named Katherine, who he misnamed "Karen".

“Despite these obselels (sic), Karen is now pursuing a degree at the University of Nevada.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-infantroopen-pentagon-speech-us-military-mark-esper-a9021726.html

"Referring to Mr Esper’s distinguished record in the US armed forces, Mr Trump said he was awarded “the bronze star and the combat infantroopen badge for his service”.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/05/trump-is-killing-his-own-supporters-coronavirus-covid-19

"Trump is telling NFL owners he wants the season to start on time. He is disregarding Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advice on wearing facemasks in public. And he is touting untested coronavirus cures live on national TV.

Think Trump University on steroids, only this time we all stand to be the victims.

When Dr Anthony Fauci says there is no evidence to back up Trump’s claims surrounding hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, pay attention. The fact Jared Kushner is on the case is hardly reassuring. He’s the guy who thought firing James Comey was win-win politics and promised Middle East peace in our time.

While all this is going on, the Wisconsin Republican party is giving America a taste of the campaign to come in the fall. Right now, the Badger State GOP is fighting in the US supreme court efforts to extend mail-in voting for this Tuesday’s Democratic primary.

In other words, voters will be forced to choose between foregoing their rights and risking their lives. Democracy shouldn’t work that way.

Back in the day, Republicans looked upon absentee voting as a valuable adjunct, a key piece in the party’s election day arsenal. Not anymore. Instead it is a dreaded foe, a fact readily admitted by Trump on Fox & Friends this week. If the US were to adopt mail-in voting, said the president, “you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again”.

For good measure, Trump later declared from the White House: “I think a lot of people cheat with mail-in voting.”

For the record, Trump voted by mail in 2018. In March, the Palm Beach Post reported that he had requested a mail-in vote for the Florida Republican primary.

There is nothing like populism marinated in wholesale contempt for the populace. In case Trump and the Republicans forgot, “We the People” are the constitution’s first three words."

etc.

etc.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:33:45 AM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: April 06, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »
Yes, we have a couple senile old men competing for the highest office in the land, it is indeed a watershed moment in our democracy's history.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: April 07, 2020, 11:54:51 AM »
Yes, we have a couple senile old men competing for the highest office in the land, it is indeed a watershed moment in our democracy's history.

Watched Bernie Sanders on Bill Maher's show last night. Looking straight at the camera, he went through all his talking points without hesitation, without any apparent teleprompter or script, didn't fluff his words, mispronounce anything or use made-up words, and generally came across as someone who wants to do good for the American people, and has the brainpower to do so.

He'd get my vote if I had one.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #5070 on: April 07, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »
How sad is it that people are swayed by “can speak coherently”?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: April 07, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »

How sad is it that 'speak coherently' isn't on the list if qualifications for many voters.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: April 07, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »

I... feel like effective communication skills is an important part of the job of Leader of the Free World. You disagree?  ???
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #5073 on: April 07, 2020, 02:32:09 PM »

I... feel like effective communication skills is an important part of the job of Leader of the Free World. You disagree?  ???

The opposite.  We shouldn't even have to mention "can speak coherently" as a qualification, that's why it's sad.  Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: April 07, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »

The opposite.  We shouldn't even have to mention "can speak coherently" as a qualification, that's why it's sad.  Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Ok, completely misunderstood where you were coming from, sorry about that. We agree then.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: April 07, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »

It wouldn't be worthy of mention if Trump, Bloomberg and (possibly) Biden could manage it. Yes, it is sad that someone with such a poor level of discourse as Trump has attained this position.

Nearly?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: April 07, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/07/trump-removes-independent-watchdog-for-coronavirus-funds-upending-oversight-panel-171943

More self-serving corruption. This is not in your interests, Trump supporters. You do not benefit from Trump removing oversight of himself. Only Trump does. Trump is an one-man team. Insist all you want that you're on his side, but Trump is not and never will be on yours. Other people are all just tiny blips in his ego.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »
Trump signs executive order paving the way for the US to mine the Moon, and "other celestial bodies", even if the rest of the world agrees not to.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/07/trump-mining-moon-executive-order

"According to Trump’s executive order, the US will object to any attempt to use international law to hinder
its efforts to remove chunks of the moon or, should the opportunity arise, additional mining of Mars and “other celestial bodies”."

Trump supporters, this is not "assertion of America's interests", this is not "Making America Great Again" - this is simply riding rough-shod over the rest of the world, including those that are friendly, that are allied to the USA. It's not a good look for you.

EDIT addition

Trump pushes through relaxation of environmental regulation while the world and the Americas are distracted by the pandemic;

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/09/in-shadow-of-pandemic-trump-seizes-opportunity-to-push-through-his-agenda

Trump supporters, again, this is not "assertion of America's interests", this is not "Making America Great Again" - this is simply riding rough-shod over the rest of the world.

It's our environment. The whole world's. Not just yours.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:50:09 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: April 09, 2020, 01:00:07 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/491846-msnbcs-andrea-mitchell-on-sanders-dropping-out-worst-case-scenario-for-trump

I'm sorry, what? Biden has basically been the presumptive candidate for weeks now; how the hell could it possibly make things worse for Trump simply because Bernie has made it official?

Sometimes I feel like MSNBC's analysts are living in a fantasy world.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: April 09, 2020, 04:35:21 AM »
In a mere 208 days...