« on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:27:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Shaquille O'Neil believes that the earth is flat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »
Well that clinches it!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »
I'm almost certain that Shaq is not loved for his intelligence. That's like saying that Kim Kardashian supporting Flat Earth makes it more truthful.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:30:14 PM »
I'm almost certain that Shaq is not loved for his intelligence. That's like saying that Kim Kardashian supporting Flat Earth makes it more truthful.

Shaq has a Bachelors, Masters, and a Doctorate in Education from Barry University. What kind of education do you have?

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »

Shaq has a Bachelors, Masters, and a Doctorate in Education from Barry University. What kind of education do you have?
He must have skipped English and geometry.  Any man who says " I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle" has no idea what he talking about.  Sounds very astute doesn't he?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »
He must have skipped English and geometry.  Any man who says " I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle" has no idea what he talking about.  Sounds very astute doesn't he?

It sounds like he is the doctor of education and you are not.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:30:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 12:28:42 AM »

I'm just trying to figure out how one can go up at a 360 degree angle no matter what the shape of the earth is.   Can you help me understand what he was saying?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 12:32:40 AM »

I'm just trying to figure out how one can go up at a 360 degree angle no matter what the shape of the earth is.   Can you help me understand what he was saying?

Shaq travels the world and he does not observe himself going up and down 365 degrees around an earth. It is an empirical argument that the earth is first and foremost flat and all we have to say otherwise are based on government claims.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:52:18 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 12:40:52 AM »

Shaq travels the world and he does not observe himself going up and down 365 degrees around an earth. It is an empirical argument that the earth is first and foremost flat and all we have to say otherwise are government pictures.
So you now think the it takes 365 degrees to go around.   Shaquille was referencing a trip from Florida to California requiring him to go up and down at a specified angle.  His specified angle was 360 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:47:50 AM by Flatout »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 01:15:49 AM »
So you now think the it takes 365 degrees to go around.   Shaquille was referencing a trip from Florida to California requiring to up and down at a specified angle.  His specified angle was 360 degrees.

It sounds pretty clear what he was saying to me. Shaq does a lot of traveling, not just that one trip. On his travels he observes himself going up and down on a flat earth, not a round one. When we go to China, we go horizontally, and it is ridiculous to believe that it is under us. All observations are that we live on a plane. The Round Earth belief system exists almost entirely on appeals to an authority. Shaq also touches on how the authority uses the educational system to brainwash us as children into believing the correct thing to believe in, with his Columbus example.

Dr. O'Neal tells us that we should open our minds and not blindly follow the herd. He basically says that there are powers which conspire to brainwash us into believing certain things, and we should be skeptical of unquestionable truths.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:27:24 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 01:40:37 AM »
why does it matter to you that he has a phd?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 01:45:18 AM »
He doesn't have a PhD.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »
He doesn't have a PhD.

Educational doctorates are called Ed.D., which makes him an authority when he says that we are being brainwashed by powers into believing certain things without satisfactory evidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 01:56:41 AM »
Who am I going to believe, a doctor of education; or you guys, who are not doctors of education?

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 02:03:41 AM »
Who am I going to believe, a doctor of education; or you guys, who are not doctors of education?

so you believe what he says just because he has a phd?

why is his opinion more credible to you because he has a phd?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:14:26 AM »
so you believe what he says just because he has a phd?

why is his opinion more credible to you because he has a phd?

He is credible because he spent a very significant amount of study in the field of education. His position that we are being brainwashed into believing that the earth is round is certainly a lot more credible than the opinions of the many people who are mocking him, who do not possess such an education.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:16:43 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:31 AM »
So you believe Shaquille because he has a Ed.D (no published peer reviewed dissertation required) but dismiss scientists who have a PhD (published peer-reviewed dissertation required)?

I'm not demeaning Dr. Shaquille O'neal's accomplishments.  I'm only questioning your logic. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:18:32 AM by Flatout »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:24 AM »
So you believe Shaquille because he has a Ed.D (no published peer reviewed dissertation required) but dismiss scientists who have a PhD (published peer-reviewed dissertation required)?

It is literally night and day. An Ed.D. studies the educational system and is very knowledgeable about that. The same cannot be said about a PhD. A PhD in Chemistry is not qualified to speak on the nature of the educational system. He just does the classes and assignments and gets his certificate.

Shaq saying that we are being brainwashed by the educational authorities is a lot more credible than some chemist saying it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:36:35 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 02:24:57 AM »

It is literally night and day. An Ed.D. studies the educational system and is very knowledgeable about that. The same cannot be said about a PhD. A PhD is Chemistry is not qualified to speak on the nature of the educational system. He just does the classes and assignments and gets his certificate.

Shaq saying that we are being brainwashed by the educational authorities is a lot more credible than some chemist saying it.
So a PhD in astronomy doesn't give a person any credibility in the realms of the nature of our universe?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:31 AM »
So a PhD in astronomy doesn't give a person any credibility in the realms of the nature of our universe?

Well, yes, they are not credible because Shaq is saying that their education is not credible. Shaq is basically saying that those astronomers are educated by merely accepting authority and answering correctly on their tests that the earth is round. Shaq is very qualified to say that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:22:04 AM by Tom Bishop »