Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Fake news makes real news
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »

I feel like you're not understanding what I'm writing at all.

There are three possibilites:
1. You are not expressing your thoughts well.
2. You don't understand me.
3. You can't see your own hypocracy.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »

I feel like you're not understanding what I'm writing at all.

There are three possibilites:
1. You are not expressing your thoughts well.
2. You don't understand me.
3. You can't see your own hypocracy.

1. I think I've been crystal clear
2. I don't
3. What exactly am I being hypocritical about?

Sorry for calling you a kid diddler but it's no reason to give up on using logic when you're trying to argue with me. I feel at this point you have your mind set to pretty much oppose anything I have to say, regardless how obviously true it is.

The media is controlled, it's not a conspiracy, it's the way it was designed to work. With a tiny amount of rudimentary research, and some critical thinking skills, you would discover this yourself. When MSM "journalists" get caught colluding with political parties, candidates, and government agencies (which is one of the biggest revelations from this "hack") you can no longer pretend to have faith that they are going to hold these same entities accountable.

The media is, first and foremost, a tool/weapon used to influence public opinion. I don't know if there was ever a time that it was a accurate reflection of the will and values of society.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
3. What exactly am I being hypocritical about?
Demanding an investigation that you don't know if it already happened but for some reason think you should know about it. 
Demanding that said investigation find evidence even if none has been found.
Thinking that threatening someone for hate speech is bad but on the flip side, seemingly ok with people threatening others for being accused(without hard evidence) of being sexual pedophiles and running a child sex ring.
Wanting the Truth but only the one where you're right.  None of these "alternative news" sites or redit threads have evidence to back it up nor is anyone able to collaborate stories and facts yet you take these at face value.  But if MSM does the same thing, suddenly it's part of the conspiracy.

Sorry for calling you a kid diddler but it's no reason to give up on using logic when you're trying to argue with me. I feel at this point you have your mind set to pretty much oppose anything I have to say, regardless how obviously true it is.
Again, you assume your view is true because that's the conclusion you came to.  You can't handle anyone else's "truth" because to you, that's not true.  You are locked in your own bubble of how the world is and nothing, not even the absolute, fully objective truth, will change your view. 

The media is controlled, it's not a conspiracy, it's the way it was designed to work. With a tiny amount of rudimentary research, and some critical thinking skills, you would discover this yourself. When MSM "journalists" get caught colluding with political parties, candidates, and government agencies (which is one of the biggest revelations from this "hack") you can no longer pretend to have faith that they are going to hold these same entities accountable.

The media is, first and foremost, a tool/weapon used to influence public opinion. I don't know if there was ever a time that it was a accurate reflection of the will and values of society.

This is a big block with lots of ideas so let's break it down.
1. The media is controlled.  This is not some radial idea.  An editor decides what articles to put where.  A producer decides what segments to air when in a news broadcast.  A journalist decides what to write in his article.  This is control.  In fact, any spread of information requires control.  Without it, the flood of raw data would be so massive, it would become noise.  Imagine, if you will, there was no control over the weather forecast.  Instead of having someone tell you it'll be sunny skies and 70 degrees, you get a stream of data about probability rankings based on previous data sets from the supercomputer crunching weather patterns. 

2. The media speaking with political parties is neither new, nor is it damnation on the part of either.  There's some things you don't report.  Not because the people shouldn't know, but because they don't need to know or it'll be taken out of context.  Like "The President had a bad day today and threw a snowglobe against the wall.  He was heard shouting that if he had one more country make a comment, he'd nuke all of Asia."  While this is true, it was made in the heat of the moment, while under the assumption of privacy, so reporting it would cause undue damage when it was just venting frustration without actual intention of using nuclear weapons.  You also want to make sure that what you report isn't going to cause issues that shouldn't be caused.  Like reporting that the US military is loading up for a major offensive at 3pm local time in the Gaza strip at a secret terrorist base.  It's true, it's factual, and reporting it before it happens is going to tip off the people you don't want to tip off.  And finally, you need to actually confirm shit.

3. You can find any truth on the internet you wish.  "a little research" isn't much to go on.  Especially if you exclude traditionally reliable sources of information. 

4. Mass Media is in the business of making sure they get money. That's it.  Money is power.  They use many many many tricks to do that job up to and including psychological manipulation.  Same thing advertisers use. 

5. You wanna know something interesting?  The very things you're saying, don't need to be done by MSM.  They are also done by simple, little websites with a list of "facts".  Ever seen a meme with an incorrect or out of context quote?  Where do you think that comes from?  Mainstream media?
And this is what we call Fake News.  Items that are displayed as truth but have no basis or reliability or even the ability to verify the accuracy yet are presented as absolute truth.  And people who already think something is true, are going to see that fake news and agree with it, regardless of the truth.  I mean, I've got an alt-right website and everything on it is absolutely fake.  I just make shit up and see who uses it as evidence.  The amount of people who do it is staggering.  I mean, heck, look hard enough and you can find links to anyone, right?  So you can imagine how easy it is for me to link Al Gore to satanic rituals in the 1800s that brought about the Civil War.  It's in his name: Gore.  where do you think that came from?  It's cause his great great grandfather was often covered in gore as he bathed in entrails of the poor and the slaves.  I even have a picture of him after he escaped the first attempt on his life:

He was wounded in the leg by a musket ball.  His second in command, Quinn, managed to get him to a field hospital far away from the patrols.

My point is, you lack the skills to determine what is objectively true, and what you have decided is true.  You make connections without supporting evidence and what evidence you do get is often unverified.

This is ... well, it's true and not.  Media has many roles including entertainer, informer, and to influence public opinion.  Like passing out information pamphlets about AIDS or the pros and cons of voting for a candidate.  Or even this message board.  This is a form of media.

That being said, media is often a reflection of the will and values of society.  But society is not just one absolute, unchanging thing.  Nor are the sames values and will shared by every single person of that society.  Just ask what's important to each person on this forum.
(And journalism should never be a reflection of the will and values of society.  That's called Bias.)

TLDR:
You think anything against your "truth" is fake.
Media does alot of stuff and requires someone to control the flow of data or we'd be flooded.
You think only big things want to control you cause they're big.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2016, 07:54:07 PM »
TLDR:
One giant exercise in pots calling kettles black

Well thanks for you diagnosis doctor, please feel free to send the bill to right up your ass.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »
TLDR:
One giant exercise in pots calling kettles black

Well thanks for you diagnosis doctor, please feel free to send the bill to right up your ass.
lol.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »
Let's keep it civil, please. Rules are a bit more relaxed than FE fora, but this is still considered an "upper" so a bit of decency toward each other is expected.

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »
Let's keep it civil, please. Rules are a bit more relaxed than FE fora, but this is still considered an "upper" so a bit of decency toward each other is expected.

I hear ya Junker, I hope Dave knows I'm just playing with him. My ego's assorted amounts of biases are far too strong for him to ever crack either way ;)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »

I hear ya Junker, I hope Dave knows I'm just playing with him. My ego's assorted amounts of biases are far too strong for him to ever crack either way ;)
Doesn't bother me.  I do enjoy an exercise in futility.

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

Doesn't bother me.  I do enjoy an exercise in futility.
Exercise is exercise ;)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Fake news makes real news
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2016, 10:47:08 PM »
Speaking of fake news, the mainstream media is really pushing this Russian h@xor story as hard as it can. Apparently Putin was personally involved. Of course, no actual evidence has been presented for this beyond claims from anonymous sources. Oh well, I'm enjoying the "fake news" meme so far.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:49:42 PM by junker »

« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »
Speaking of fake news, the mainstream media is really pushing this Russian h@xor story as hard as it can. Apparently Putin was personally involved. Of course, no actual evidence has been presented for this beyond claims from anonymous sources. Oh well, I'm enjoying the "fake news" meme so far.

Whats really unbelievable is that they believe that a rag tag unorganized group of websites spreading russian-hack fueled "fake news" had more of an influence on the election than the 24/7 news cycles of CNN, MSNBC and all the nationwide surrogates of ABC, NBC and FOX, the biased online blog contingent of Huffington Post, AJ+, Nowthis etc.

Maybe that's something to be said about the credibility or lack thereof of said programming if it's influence can be beaten by Infowars and Brietbart (which I never heard of prior to the election).

Fuck it just blame Russia.

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2016, 01:15:15 AM »
When you just know *insert politician here* is crooked, evil, and generally a bad person and a news story comes along to confirm that, it's going to stick with you. It's going to more solidly make you against said person than any stories stating the oposite could sway you toward them.

I'll readily admit there was virtually no news story that would have swayed me to vote for Trump. However, the stories running against him had me contemplating voting for his biggest opponent.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2016, 02:21:37 AM »
What evidence you have that pizzagate is fake?
It's not my burden of proof to prove it's fake, but yours to prove it's true.

I didn't claim it was real. You on the other hand claimed it was fake. The burden of proof is on the one who made the first claim and in this case its you. So what evidence do you have that its fake?

However...
That the evidence presented is circumstantial at best.

How do you know a picture on a wall is the international symbol of pedophiles?

Well I don't KNOW but you made my point for me. It's an international symbol that the sign coincidentally resemble.

Why would a raid in another country have any relation to Anthony Weiner's laptop?  Said raid would have taken months to setup and could not be done in a few days, not with that many people.

I haven't researched it to say one way or the other.

Alot of the evidence presented is coincidental and shallow, requiring the information to be linked without anything to support such a link.  Like those pictures:
No actual proof they're in the pizza joint but even if they are, so what?  Art is weird.  And the ones in the bathroom?  Yeah... that looks like grafiti.  You know, like what's in every bathroom.

Seriously, all this evidence requires you to say they're linked without having proof of a link between them.  Sort of like saying "Because you're on this forum, you MUST be a flat-earther".

Like I said, I haven't researched it thoroughly to say one way or another.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Rama Set

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2016, 03:24:14 AM »
The burden of proof is on the one who made the first claim and in this case its you. So what evidence do you have that its fake?

The pizzagate conspiracy claims that the ring is operated out of Comet Ping Pong's basement.  Comet Ping Pong has no basement.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
I didn't claim it was real. You on the other hand claimed it was fake. The burden of proof is on the one who made the first claim and in this case its you. So what evidence do you have that its fake?
Same that I have that you're not a pedophile.
You can't prove something doesn't exist.  In fact, none of the proofs in this thread have satisfied you.  None could.  Your claim of "Investigate" was refused when you admitted that you don't know if they did investigate or not.   Yet for some reason you continue to act as though it's worth investigating.

However...
That the evidence presented is circumstantial at best.

How do you know a picture on a wall is the international symbol of pedophiles?

Well I don't KNOW but you made my point for me. It's an international symbol that the sign coincidentally resemble.
Just curious... which picture are you (and I ) referring to?  Do you even KNOW what the symbol looks like?  The picture on the wall in the pizza shop?  Or are you just repeating what you read in a redit thread?

Why would a raid in another country have any relation to Anthony Weiner's laptop?  Said raid would have taken months to setup and could not be done in a few days, not with that many people.

I have.
They aren't connected in any way. 

Alot of the evidence presented is coincidental and shallow, requiring the information to be linked without anything to support such a link.  Like those pictures:
No actual proof they're in the pizza joint but even if they are, so what?  Art is weird.  And the ones in the bathroom?  Yeah... that looks like grafiti.  You know, like what's in every bathroom.

Seriously, all this evidence requires you to say they're linked without having proof of a link between them.  Sort of like saying "Because you're on this forum, you MUST be a flat-earther".

Like I said, I haven't researched it thoroughly to say one way or another.
Exactly.  I've done more research than you.  So maybe you should stop making claims on subjects you admit to knowing nothing about.

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2016, 04:21:07 PM »

I have.

Anthony Weiner was married to Huma Abedin who was vice-chairmen of Clinton's campaign.

Wow, not exactly 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, is it?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »

Luke, I owe you an apology.
I got you mixed up with TheTruthIsOnHere.  Please disreguard my comments.

I have.

Anthony Weiner was married to Huma Abedin who was vice-chairmen of Clinton's campaign.

Wow, not exactly 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, is it?
Yes.  You've linked Clinton to Weiner via his wife.  Nothing more. It is also irrelevant to the topic at hand.

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »
It may be irrelevant to that exact topic, but to say Hillary Clinton associates with a larger amount of suspected and convicted pedophiles than the average person wouldn't be wrong.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »
It may be irrelevant to that exact topic, but to say Hillary Clinton associates with a larger amount of suspected and convicted pedophiles than the average person wouldn't be wrong.
How many convicted does she socialize with?

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2016, 05:10:09 PM »
How many convicted does she socialize with?

Um... Anthony Weiner?