Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
Re: Which space missions do you consider to be legitimate?
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 07:38:07 AM »
Since I'm 100% certain I know where I am standing.    I'm 100 % certain the GPS position calculation is correct.   

If you have a GPS receiver you can verify that it does in fact report your location correctly.   

I have designed and built GPS receivers,  I have used a couple of different chipsets,    and all the smarts are embedded in the chip sets these days.   Most provide a simple interface, the standard is NMEA,  but there are other interfaces, SIRF have their own,  UBLOX are nice,  you can get access to raw data.   Apple iPhones don't even have the NMEA data in the API,  some Android phones do.

But if you want verification of more than just what the NMEA sequences will tell you then you need to look at the raw data,   the raw data contains the WGS-84 co-ordinates of each satellite that the receiver can see, and the distance to each satellite,  each set defines a spherical surface, and with multiple intersecting spheres you can get the receiver location.   

The transmitters can be anywhere,  they don't actually need to be in orbit,  all that is required is that the transmitters transmit their actual location,  if they don't then the system will fail to report your location correctly.

When you look at the data stream you find that they are actually in orbit where they are supposed to be.    (see the constellation positions I posted earlier,  for some idea of what it looks like)

You can prove it all to yourself,  you don't have to take my word for it.   Just get a GPS receiver with raw binary data capability and write your own software to decode the raw data stream. 

Here is an example of raw data.

Getting the pseudo range data requires a GPS receiver that will allow access to the raw binary data stream,  and a bit of software.

34357445.85408 104694103.10708 25567381.586 9 25567371.842 9 25567379.669 7  76.000 84.000

Those numbers in bold,  are the range to the satellite in meters,  three readings,  all around  25567380.000 meters,  which is   25,567.383 km  or about 16,000 miles away.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:03:58 AM by Rayzor »

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:57 AM »
not disputing yr abilities, per se....but there's a dffrnc between assembling some-thing in "kit" form and having a detailed knowledge of all the electronic components/chips in a device;

you'd have to have a (reliable) schematic of the architecture and be able to analyse and interpret all the components and their interactions;

The transmitters can be anywhere,  they don't actually need to be in orbit,  all that is required is that the transmitters transmit their actual location,  if they don't then the system will fail to report your location correctly

pretty much what i'm saying, eh?

again: there is not the slightest proof/hard evidence that these GPS sttlts are up there.....or, indeed, that any stllts are up there, period.....or...that rockets can get up past the Thermosphere.....in fact...i'd be sorely tempted to say that the WWII-era V2 rockets most likely achieved the maximum alt' possible  :(

in fact: i think that what we're dealing with here is, again, nothing more than souped-up WWII tech'
nisi Dominus frustra

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »
not disputing yr abilities, per se....but there's a dffrnc between assembling some-thing in "kit" form and having a detailed knowledge of all the electronic components/chips in a device;

you'd have to have a (reliable) schematic of the architecture and be able to analyse and interpret all the components and their interactions;

The transmitters can be anywhere,  they don't actually need to be in orbit,  all that is required is that the transmitters transmit their actual location,  if they don't then the system will fail to report your location correctly

pretty much what i'm saying, eh?

again: there is not the slightest proof/hard evidence that these GPS sttlts are up there.....or, indeed, that any stllts are up there, period.....or...that rockets can get up past the Thermosphere.....in fact...i'd be sorely tempted to say that the WWII-era V2 rockets most likely achieved the maximum alt' possible  :(

in fact: i think that what we're dealing with here is, again, nothing more than souped-up WWII tech'

What makes you think I'm assembling something in kit form?  Detailed data sheets are available for all GPS chips,  at least the ones I've used.   I'm not interested in trying to explain internals of gps chip sets to you,  go find out for yourself.   It's impressive technology,  but it's not magic.  The Russian and European systems are very similar to the US,  Chips these days can do all three,  when the European system gets up and running.

Yes the transmitters can in fact be anywhere,  they can be in your dining room or on a nearby hilltop,   they critical requirement is that they are ACTUALLY where the transmissions say they are.   We can look at the signals and see exactly where the transmitters actually are located,  and that happens to be in orbit.  12,500 miles up.  If they were anywhere other that where they say they  ACTUALLY are the system wouldn't work.

I hope I don't have to keep repeating myself.   The GPS transmitters that I can see on my receiver are on satellites in orbit.  No question at all.   

I realise that you are going to keep raising this thermosphere issue,  the temperature is high but the heat capacity is zero,   imagine you have a bucket of water,  and you throw a spark at it.  the spark might be thousands of degrees,  how much do you think the temperature of the water will increase by?    There is no heat transfer of any significance in traversing or flying through the thermosphere.

PS.   When The ESA manages to get all the Galileo satellites in orbit,   ( another 6 planned for this year, they launched two into wrong orbits a few years back,  on a Soyuz ) it's supposed to be operational by 2020,  at that stage there will be three seperate GPS systems,   the US GPS,  The Russian GLONASS, and the ESA's Galileo.   Some later model receivers can pick all three. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:33:53 PM by Rayzor »

Offline sakura

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »
again: there is not the slightest proof/hard evidence that these GPS sttlts are up there....

The abscence of proof is not proof of anything, altough there probably is proof but lets assume for the sake of this
thought experiment that there is not.

Imagine you have 3 GPS recievers in 3 different Cities.
Depending on the position of the satelite its signal will take longer/shorter to arrive at each reciever.
if you measure how long it takes for each reciever to recieve the signal you can calculate the position of the satelite.
( assuming the recievers have synchronized clocks etc..)
If you want to prove that thoose Satelites are faking their position in the GPS System, this is how you do it.

You say thoose satelites are fake.
the world says they are not.
the burden of proof is on you.
do it.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
Is it not funny that the flat earth theory jumps a whopping 600% in people searching it. As that happens all of sudden a deep space climate observatory takes a pic of the earth from the other side of the moon with some fancy camera HUMM

Don't flatter yourselves, the FES is not on NASA'a radar.

I have to agree with you on that one. NASA does't concern itself with anything having to do with earth space or science. :P

PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2015, 03:22:53 AM »
Is it not funny that the flat earth theory jumps a whopping 600% in people searching it. As that happens all of sudden a deep space climate observatory takes a pic of the earth from the other side of the moon with some fancy camera HUMM

I have to agree with you on that one. NASA does't concern itself with anything having to do with earth space or science. :P

It was a real estate scam from the start. By convincing people the earth was a globe NASA was able to buy up land in South America before people began to notice that a South American acre is three times larger than a North American acre.

It all fell apart when they discovered that the sun deposits three times less energy in the Southern Hemisphere. Now they are trying to keep up the charade long enough to off load all the useless real estate. They'll come clean once that goal is achieved.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:15:15 AM by frisbee »

geckothegeek

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2015, 04:31:21 AM »

It was a real estate scam from the start. By convincing people the earth was a globe NASA was able to buy up land in South America before people began to notice that a South American acre is three times larger than a North American acre.

It all fell apart when they discovered that the sun deposits three times less energy in the Southern Hemisphere. Now they are trying to keep up the charade long enough to off load all the useless real estate. They'll come clean once that goal is achieved.

How much land did NASA  buy in Australia ? The Australian acre is even larger than the South American acre ? At least it's a lot wider ?

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2015, 06:54:17 AM »
How much land did NASA  buy in Australia ? The Australian acre is even larger than the South American acre ? At least it's a lot wider ?

Sorry, that is information I do not have as I didn't have "a need to know." Besides I've already violated my NDA. Imagine my surprise when hired to discover that I'd be involved with cinematography and CGI rather than engineering. But I was able to transition nicely from NASA to working for George Lucas, so not all bad.

geckothegeek

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:15 PM »

Sorry, that is information I do not have as I didn't have "a need to know." Besides I've already violated my NDA. Imagine my surprise when hired to discover that I'd be involved with cinematography and CGI rather than engineering. But I was able to transition nicely from NASA to working for George Lucas, so not all bad.

Maybe some "whistle blower" will come across with some information re the Australian acre scheme ?

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
Maybe some "whistle blower" will come across with some information re the Australian acre scheme ?

Not likely gecko, the shill pay is too good. I myself am off to Cabo for a bit due to the windfall payment for posting here. Good thing they don't check all of the posts eh?

geckothegeek

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:47 PM »
Meanwhile I have to make a trip to the bank to deposit the money from the Nigerian widow.