Hello!

Lately I've been informing myself about the flat earth theory and one topic that bothers me the most is "seasons". I've read through many articles, the official TFES-Q&A and watched several videos about the topic and I get how seasons work; the radius of the sun's orbit varies throughout the year what causes the seasons, but I've never found an explanation for why the radius varies at all just that it happens.

In the globe earth theory it's explained by the 23,5° tilt of the globe's axis, so my question is: "What causes the variation of the radius of the sun's orbit and consequently the seasons in the flat earth theory?"

Thank you all in advance,

LakeCourter49

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: What causes the variation of the radius of the sun's orbit?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »
The cause is currently unknown.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »
You'll find the angle is 23.4 degrees.

This was pitched by Galileo to the church way back when. Church leaders were obviously unhappy with this theory because
a) They knew the sun went around the earth
b) Galileo had decided to measure tilt arbitrarily from the polar axis. Had he instead chose to do that from the equator, the tilt would have come out as

90 - 23.4 =

Punch that into a calculator and then see how much sympathy you would have had for this theory if you were the Catholic church.

Quick check of bible
Quote from: Revelation 13:18 ESV
This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

something something

Quote from: 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 ESV
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship

something something

Quote from: Revelation 16:13 ESV
false prophet

something something

Quote from: 2 Thessalonians 2:9–10 ESV
The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

House arrest for you, you dirty satanist.  >o<
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:16:16 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
I don't accept the model of the FAQ, but I can answer it with respect to my model. There is a slight tilt to the Earth, caused by the downward force REer call gravity's 'focus' shifting over the course of a year. Thus, the Sun's light would be directed more towards the North or the South depending on the time of year.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

alfred1

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »
Who ever said that nature was perfect? Since  isn't, I would suggest that an elliptical orbit is just as likely as a perfectly round one. If not more so.