Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Media Resistance
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 04:54:07 PM »
AATW stated that very thing in his post.
He very much stated FET belief = dangerous.
I literally said the opposite. You just cut that part of the sentence out when you quoted me...
And I have made it clear in more than one post now what I think of as dangerous.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »
I literally said the opposite. You just cut that part of the sentence out when you quoted me...
And I have made it clear in more than one post now what I think of as dangerous.
I don't think you have, actually.

And I realize what I think means very little to you.

But if you would, humor me...

Please type the following, just to be clear:

FET Belief poses no danger to myself and others.

That would make it pretty unambiguous.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2020, 07:37:37 PM »
AATW is the basis of Mr. Bills post imo. He is relentless in his contributions (which usually are Hyperbole) as we're forced to read them. He derails the conversation. He hates FE that's pretty much a given when you hang here and digest him.

75 years ago if someone where to tell you, 1% would own all assets, control the media, your job, your thinking, your speech, your food, your water, your shelter, your health...well welcome to 2020.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »

BUT, it is a belief which comes from a certain mindset. Other beliefs which come from that mindset can be a danger to people.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 10:47:54 PM »
He derails the conversation. He hates FE that's pretty much a given when you hang here and digest him.
Your first sentence is strange given your second paragraph which is literally nothing to do with this thread.

I wouldn’t say I hate FE but I do despair of the era we live in where there is so much misinformation and people just don’t seem to know (or seemingly care) what is true.
I think the truth is important, don’t you?
Shouldn’t we as Christians be standing up for the truth?
I have no doubt that you believe you are doing that but I don’t know any Christians who share your interpretation in this area. My view is it undermines your credibility which as someone who should be “making disciples of all nations” does you no favours.

totallackey

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »

BUT, it is a belief which comes from a certain mindset. Other beliefs which come from that mindset can be a danger to people.
I appreciate the statement you have written for its clarity and its decided unambiguous nature.

Which now calls for discussion about the actual topic presented here.

Could we discuss the amount of RE adherents here and what they actually bring to the discussion of flat earth?

I believe that would be in keeping with the OP.

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 03:29:57 PM »

I appreciate the statement you have written for its clarity and its decided unambiguous nature.

Could we discuss the amount of RE adherents here and what they actually bring to the discussion of flat earth?

The earth has only one shape so any discussion can only be about what it is.

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »

The earth has only one shape so any discussion can only be about what it is.
That is a true statement, but it doesn't go to the heart of the OP.

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »
Also at an altitude of 10,000 feet you can see hundres of miles in any direction on a clear day... no curvature is visible.

Frontal curvature is really apparent and measurable. The horizon dipping behind, the crisp clear line that ends and dips down, far clouds that go down and touch the horizon.

Regarding the OP, have you ever thought that maybe Flat Earth is fought for hiding another conspiracy and diverting people attention from lousy monetary policies and global warming?
Quote from: Pete Svarrior
these waves of smug RE'ers are temporary. Every now and then they flood us for a year or two in response to some media attention, and eventually they peter out. In my view, it's a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

totallackey

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »
Also at an altitude of 10,000 feet you can see hundres of miles in any direction on a clear day... no curvature is visible.

Frontal curvature is really apparent and measurable. The horizon dipping behind, the crisp clear line that ends and dips down, far clouds that go down and touch the horizon.
This is patently false.

Claiming (essentially) that you can see the earth "rolling away and down," from your vantage point at 10,000 ft, while not being able to see the same left to right is ridiculous.
Regarding the OP, have you ever thought that maybe Flat Earth is fought for hiding another conspiracy and diverting people attention from lousy monetary policies and global warming?
What other conspiracy?

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
What other conspiracy?

The "NASA conspiracy theory" which voids the many thousands of photographs, videos, personal accounts, data sheets, research papers, documentaries (etc) as evidence refuting a FE.

What's your view?
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

totallackey

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
What other conspiracy?

The "NASA conspiracy theory" which voids the many thousands of photographs, videos, personal accounts, data sheets, research papers, documentaries (etc) as evidence refuting a FE.

What's your view?
NASA has released actual photographs?

I thought they were in the in the business of releasing images...

Regardless, this is drifting away from the OP, so back to the OP...

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »
What other conspiracy?

What's your view?
NASA has released actual photographs?

I thought they were in the in the business of releasing images...

Ok, thank you for that correction. It was extremely valuable feedback.  Images, not photographs, for the record.  Do you believe the images are faked?

EDIT: Just saw your last sentence... perhaps we could chat here: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=15828.0
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2020, 12:58:51 PM »
Claiming (essentially) that you can see the earth "rolling away and down," from your vantage point at 10,000 ft, while not being able to see the same left to right is ridiculous
Only if we were standing on a doughnut.

I think having non flat earthers here is probably helping you. The last thing you want is an echo chamber/surround yourself with yes men.

Why would you even come here to an open forum debating the earth's shape if all you want is to talk to people who agree with you? For the same reason I don't bother talking to normal people about the earth's shape, everyone I know would just agree with me. There isn't a need for a round earth forum (because it's a globe) and the debate here is, this small group of people believe the earth is shaped differently to the norm, that's the discussion. Of course people would come here to debate that... Because this debate is not happening anywhere else, because the earth's shape is well known and you guys are the only ones who think otherwise.

Do you get together with friends in person and discuss how you all think the earth is flat over a cup of tea? What would this achieve?
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

totallackey

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2020, 01:10:49 PM »
Claiming (essentially) that you can see the earth "rolling away and down," from your vantage point at 10,000 ft, while not being able to see the same left to right is ridiculous
Only if we were standing on a doughnut.

I think having non flat earthers here is probably helping you. The last thing you want is an echo chamber/surround yourself with yes men.

Why would you even come here to an open forum debating the earth's shape if all you want is to talk to people who agree with you? For the same reason I don't bother talking to normal people about the earth's shape, everyone I know would just agree with me. There isn't a need for a round earth forum (because it's a globe) and the debate here is, this small group of people believe the earth is shaped differently to the norm, that's the discussion. Of course people would come here to debate that... Because this debate is not happening anywhere else, because the earth's shape is well known and you guys are the only ones who think otherwise.

Do you get together with friends in person and discuss how you all think the earth is flat over a cup of tea? What would this achieve?
I agree with much of your reply Chris and thank you.

I think having written dialogue is fine.

Care to comment on the nature of much of the personal attacks?

I don't mean any response that a particular point made by either side is found to be senseless or pointless, as that it is merely a descriptor of the particular point and not the entire person.