Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11160 on: February 08, 2024, 01:10:41 PM »
Ukraine is a corrupt country, with a long history of supporting criminal activity for criminal gangs involved in human trafficking and money laundering.

Iran says America is a corrupt country, with a long history of supporting criminal activity for criminal gangs involved in human trafficking and money laundering. It's ok for them to invade us?

Yes, you, the Republicans and Trump support the expansion of righteous Russia. Russia is built on good, wholesome family values. Putin hardly ever assassinates or jails his adversaries. The people of Russia enjoy wonderful lives, free speech and protect Europe from the terrible Nazis in Ukraine. Russia's support will be critical to Trump in the next election and he nurtures it.

But of course, in the Bizarro world of flat earth, Russia is a country of liberty, hope and prosperity while Ukraine (a small country with a short Jewish comedy actor as president whose parents died in the Holocaust) is a Naxi threat to the planet.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: February 08, 2024, 01:51:01 PM »
No, you didn't read the report. You're mindlessly quoting Trump apologists.

I didn't quote anyone.

The report could not connect Trump directly in a criminal context but outlines overwhelming circumstantial evidence that he was involved.

You certainly have a very fascinating personal definition of "overwhelming circumstantial evidence". I suppose at this point you're about to bring up the Steele dossier and tell me about your personal Trump fanfiction where he goes to jail for being a big meaniehead.

The Russians broke into the DNC servers, stole emails and contacted the Republicans. The ideal that Trump didn't know anything about it and would have stopped it if he found out is ridiculous.

Oh no, they publicly displayed the DNC's very weird emails where you learned that the DNC was corrupt! Good thing you made sure to just get mad at Russia about it instead of trying to fix any corruption.

The Democrat House judiciary committee chairman Jerold Nadler opened questioning on Wednesday by asking Mr Mueller whether Donald Trump had been accurate to claim he was "exonerated" by the special counsel report, to which Mr Muller replied with an emphatic "No".

Download the report, seriously. At 400 pages, it sounds like a lot but there is a lot of white space and is not hard to read or understand.

Sorry, I don't intend on reading the report, and I know you don't and didn't either!

But that was then, this is now. We know Trump planned to let Russia have Ukraine for which they would render all kinds of political support. There is a lot more evidence now. Giuliani's good buddies, Lev and Igor are getting out of prison and are writing books that you won't read filled with all kinds of stuff you don't want to believe.

And this from Trump's attempt to be America's first king....
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-denied-presidential-immunity-in-election-interference-case-court-rules

More fanfiction from the land of your imagination.

The bummer is that Biden doesn't have immunity to send Seal Team Six to assassinate traitorous insurrectionist who collaborate with enemies to subvert our democracy.

The cool part is that Trump's idiotic argument got shot down and he only has a couple of weeks to find a lawyer and mount an appeal to the supreme court.

The final form of the propaganda lemming: I should be able to KILL politicians I don't personally like!

Very sane and normal, lmao.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: February 11, 2024, 08:03:04 PM »
I'm starting to like Nikki Haley.
Apparently Trump made a jab about how her husband isn't with her on the camapign trail.  To which she replies:

“Michael is deployed serving our country, something you know nothing about. Someone who continually disrespects the sacrifices of military families has no business being commander in chief.”

I'd love to see those two on a debate stage.  She'd eat him alive.

Also, Trump's research team needs to step up their game cause they should have told him before he said it (if that was possible).
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: February 12, 2024, 05:27:17 AM »
Oh no, they publicly displayed the DNC's very weird emails where you learned that the DNC was corrupt! Good thing you made sure to just get mad at Russia about it instead of trying to fix any corruption.

That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously.

The bummer is that Biden doesn't have immunity to send Seal Team Six to assassinate traitorous insurrectionist who collaborate with enemies to subvert our democracy.

The cool part is that Trump's idiotic argument got shot down and he only has a couple of weeks to find a lawyer and mount an appeal to the supreme court.

The final form of the propaganda lemming: I should be able to KILL politicians I don't personally like!

Very sane and normal, lmao.

He's obviously making a reductio ad absurdum argument about Trump's claim that the president should have full and total immunity for anything they do while in office. If you want to laugh at anyone, laugh at Trump, because it's his argument. Not that Trump seriously expects this argument to prevail in court, of course. It's clearly just a delay tactic for him, and so far it seems to be working quite well. All he has to do is hold out until he's reelected, and then he can make the federal charges go away and safely ignore the state charges.

I'm starting to like Nikki Haley.
Apparently Trump made a jab about how her husband isn't with her on the camapign trail.  To which she replies:

“Michael is deployed serving our country, something you know nothing about. Someone who continually disrespects the sacrifices of military families has no business being commander in chief.”

I'd love to see those two on a debate stage.  She'd eat him alive.

Also, Trump's research team needs to step up their game cause they should have told him before he said it (if that was possible).

I'm sure Trump knew perfectly well where Michael was. He's just playing to his base, who love it when Trump goes low. They love it when he's cruel, when he's petty, when he's selfish, when he's racist, when he's misogynistic, and when he attacks people who are far more principled than him. And while you might say that you like Haley now, it's only a matter of time before she, like all the other Republicans who once criticized or opposed Trump, pledges fealty to him, kisses his ring, and does everything in her power to defend Trump, shield him from accountability, and enact his garbage policies. And Trump will reward her for this the same way he rewards all his allies - by publicly stabbing her in the back and using her as a scapegoat the moment he thinks it'll be to his advantage to do so.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: February 12, 2024, 07:15:37 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: February 12, 2024, 07:21:16 AM »
He recalled that the leader of a "big country" had presented a hypothetical situation in which he was not meeting his financial obligations within Nato and had come under attack from Moscow.

Mr Trump said the leader had asked if the US would come to his country's aid in that scenario, which prompted him to issue a rebuke.

"I said: 'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'... 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever they want. You gotta pay.'"

Trump is on the right track here. You guys should pay the amount you agreed to for protection. America shouldn't protect dead beats.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: February 12, 2024, 08:28:47 AM »
He recalled that the leader of a "big country" had presented a hypothetical situation in which he was not meeting his financial obligations within Nato and had come under attack from Moscow.

Mr Trump said the leader had asked if the US would come to his country's aid in that scenario, which prompted him to issue a rebuke.

"I said: 'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'... 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever they want. You gotta pay.'"

Trump is on the right track here. You guys should pay the amount you agreed to for protection. America shouldn't protect dead beats.

Ah, the Mob mentality.  Good to know.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:50 AM »
Trump is on the right track here.
lol. There’s a good cult member.
Trump loves people like you, you’re so easy to program. Literally doesn’t matter what he says.

You guys should pay the amount you agreed to for protection. America shouldn't protect dead beats.
Well, that seems fairly reasonable.
But encourage?
The mental backflips you do to justify anything your cult leader says or does are ridiculous. You’d come across as more credible if you were more honest. You don’t believe America should actively encourage nations to attack NATO nations just because they haven’t paid.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: February 12, 2024, 01:14:24 PM »

That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously. Never mind the fact that if the DNC did not rig the primary tto begin with, there would have been nothing to disclose. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"
FTFY

To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: February 12, 2024, 01:31:09 PM »

That's completely irrelevant and you know it. Putin did not target the DNC and release their emails out of a sense of altruism or opposition to corruption. He did it to pursue his own political agenda, one that happens to be deeply hostile to America and its interests. That's election interference. The fact that you personally don't care about it and don't think it should be a crime (something that you have in common with Trump) doesn't change the fact that it is a crime and it is something that this nation takes very seriously. Never mind the fact that if the DNC did not rig the primary tto begin with, there would have been nothing to disclose. "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"
FTFY
I'm more interested in why thats something you think is bad?
By rigging it for Clinton, Trump was able to win.
The DNC intentionally made sure Trump would win!

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: February 12, 2024, 02:47:22 PM »

FTFY
ITT^LD asking why rigged elections are bad and querying why the DNC would want to make sure a lifelong Democrat (aka TRUMP) would win.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:58:48 PM by Action80 »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: February 12, 2024, 04:03:16 PM »
Trump loves people like you, you’re so easy to program. Literally doesn’t matter what he says.

You guys should pay the amount you agreed to for protection. America shouldn't protect dead beats.
But encourage?
The mental backflips you do to justify anything your cult leader says or does are ridiculous. You’d come across as more credible if you were more honest. You don’t believe America should actively encourage nations to attack NATO nations just because they haven’t paid.

The NATO expectations are very reasonable. Each country is expected to contribute 2% of GDP. An alliance is a two way street. You can't just take. If you are not contributing then you are putting everyone else in danger by using the alliance's infrastructure and resources to cover you. How is NATO supposed to protect everyone if they have multiple military bases and high tech infrastructure that they are maintaining in your territory that you are not paying for?

Wolf packs are known to drive out or kill the sick or injured members in their packs, and arguably rightly so. It slows them down and invites predators. None of what Trump said is detestable.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 04:07:58 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: February 12, 2024, 05:43:00 PM »

But encourage?

The NATO expectations are very reasonable. Each country is expected to contribute 2% of GDP. An alliance is a two way street. You can't just take. If you are not contributing then you are putting everyone else in danger by using the alliance's infrastructure and resources to cover you. How is NATO supposed to protect everyone if they have multiple military bases and high tech infrastructure that they are maintaining in your territory that you are not paying for?

Wolf packs are known to drive out or kill the sick or injured members in their packs, and arguably rightly so. It slows them down and invites predators. None of what Trump said is detestable.
No, wolves do not do that.

Also, lacking an understanding of why NATO exists is not a shock. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: February 12, 2024, 05:53:03 PM »

FTFY
ITT^LD asking why rigged elections are bad and querying why the DNC would want to make sure a lifelong Democrat (aka TRUMP) would win.
Technically the primary wasn't rigged, the DNC promoted one candidate over others.

Kinda like how the RNC kept Trump from being primaries in 2020.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: February 12, 2024, 07:09:13 PM »
None of what Trump said is detestable.
Because of the word I bolded. You don't care what he said, he said it so it's OK.
If someone you don't like says something then it's "bad". Again, not because of what's said, because of who said it.
You're either programmed beyond hope or trolling. It doesn't really matter which, neither leads to productive debate.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11175 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:35 PM »

FTFY
Technically the primary wasn't rigged, the DNC promoted one candidate over others.

ITT^LD claims revisionist history and opinion articles count more than actual live events.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: February 12, 2024, 10:54:35 PM »

FTFY

ITT^LD claims revisionist history and opinion articles count more than actual live events.

Oh, so your history is that the democrats rigged the 2016 election so Trump would win?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: February 13, 2024, 02:57:11 AM »
Because of the word I bolded. You don't care what he said, he said it so it's OK.
If someone you don't like says something then it's "bad". Again, not because of what's said, because of who said it.
You're either programmed beyond hope or trolling. It doesn't really matter which, neither leads to productive debate.

You seem to believe that I secretly care deeply about NATO allies. I do not.

I don't care if Estonia gets invaded. Why should I?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: February 13, 2024, 07:27:53 AM »
No. I believe you are part of the Trump cult and he has programmed you to believe that everything he says is good, no matter what it is. The flip side of that being you believing anything politicians he doesn’t like says is bad, no matter what it is.
It doesn’t matter to you what is said, but who says it.

Of course, there is an alternative. You’re trolling. Or, you treat this place like a debating society where you take a position you don’t really believe for the sake of debate. But you do so in a Monty Python Argument Sketch way, refusing to cede ground on any point, which renders it pointless as a discussion.

Well, you should because wars are, in general a bad thing. I get that you’re American and therefore barely acknowledge that the rest of the world exists. I’m mildly surprised, even impressed, you’ve heard of Estonia (maybe you haven’t, and Googled NATO members and picked an obscure one you haven’t heard of).
Anyway. Estonia being invaded wouldn’t keep me up at night either. But caring isn’t binary, there are degrees of it. I would, in general, regard it as a “bad thing”. And I certainly wouldn’t “encourage” it, which is the thing Trump said which you are desperately trying to justify.

You seem completely unable to hold the two thoughts in your head at the same time that Trump is the right man to lead the country and that he sometimes says things which aren’t that great, or aren’t true. Or maybe you just pretend you can’t do that in the interests of “debate”.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: February 13, 2024, 09:08:48 AM »

Global economic disruption.
When Ukraine was invaded, food prices soared.  Why?  Ukraine had a large grain export.  That export stopped.  Supplies dropped while demand didn't.  Thus, increase in prices.

Russian gas was also basically cut off, making energy prices just through the roof for Europeans.

The oil market saw the sanctioning of Russia and that caused oil prices to jump.  Again, less supply, same demand.

Also: The Conquror reason.  The more territory an enemy takes, the longer it'll take to stop them, if you can.

Estonia being invaded would make trade between the nordic nations and Europe much more difficult and dangerous as Russia would have a way to blockaid the Baltic sea.  Or at least some of it. Which is going to disrupt trade and the markets will adjust upwards as a reault.

But you'll just blame Biden and feel better.  Because you don't want to do anything else.

Of course