Re: The rotation of stars in FET
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »
Can anyone give an account of the circumpolar stars that doesn't include anything pseudo-scientific and which sticks well established ideas about geometry and optics.

I will say this again because you do have to hammer things home for flat Earth proponents.

I am not suggesting that a flat Earth is impossible. I am suggesting that if the Earth was flat then what would see would be very different.

I cannot see how you could have two sets have circumpolar stars above a flat plane if you are making reasonable assumptions about optics and geometry. Even allowing for some peculiar processes this is very hard to account for.

At any point on the equator it possible on a clear night to see both sets of circumpolar stars. If the Earth is a disc how is possible to be anywhere on a circle somewhere between the Arctic and Antarctica and see two sets of circumpolar stars. One set always due North on the horizon and the other set due South on the horizon.

Surely you can admit that this is a problem for flat Earth theory. Can anyone have the integrity to at least admit that this is a big problem?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:23:32 PM by herewegoround »

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Can you post this on a separate thread, it's not relevant to what I asked.
fuck off then. Waste my fucking time.

Moderator, can I assume this will incur a warning? I've already had one for far less.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:22:45 PM by herewegoround »

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »

I can see the love and compassion that your religion has instilled in you. It's heart warming to feel it.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »
You are on the wrong forum to complain about someone saying fuck.  Perhaps you are thinking of the other forum? 

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
Ok, let me ask a simple question. How far above the Earth do you believe the stars to be? Do you believe they are all in the same plane or are they distributed throughout a 3 dimensional space?

Thork

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 06:29:12 PM »

I can see the love and compassion that your religion has instilled in you. It's heart warming to feel it.
Because you never bothered to read the post, follow the links and find out what Deism is. Deism - A force of nature created the universe and it doesn't give a shit about you.

You had a very comprehensive answer. You could have asked anything from it. You lost the opportunity. You have the theory, you can't even be bothered to read it to critique it.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »

Because you never bothered to read the post, follow the links and find out what Deism is. Deism - A force of nature created the universe and it doesn't give a shit about you.

You had a very comprehensive answer. You could have asked anything from it. You lost the opportunity. You have the theory, you can't even be bothered to read it to critique it.

You are right, I did just skim though it, apologies. I mostly saw some stuff about religion and a rant about atheism. I didn't think it was relevant. I see there was a little bit about stars. Something about them being on movers.

I still don't see how this answers the problem.

The centre of rotation of the circumpolar stars is always either due North or due South. The angle of elevation of their centres of rotation changes as you move from North to South. When you are at the North pole the centre of rotation of the Northern circumpolar stars is overhead, at the equator it has dropped to the horizon. The centre of rotation of the Southern circumpolar stars is directly overhead at the South pole and drops to the horizon at the equator. There is a symmetry.

If there were two sets of stars on two different movers above a flat Earth then sure one set could have a centre of rotation above the North pole. However, the centre of rotation of the other set would be at a particular point on the rim of the disc. It wouldn't be due South at any point on the Earth. You would have to give me some idea how high above the Earth they are in order for me to assess at what angle of elevation the centres of rotation would be at different locations. I also need to know what the distance from the North pole to the ice rim is on your model.

I think that's what your post was trying to say anyway. If I am wrong perhaps you can clarify.

Offline Wulf

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 09:46:46 PM »
it's just that now we are not just expected to assume aether exists, we are also now expected to assume celestial gears exist. That model that is used will not predict the movement of the planets over the long run. I propose that you try for yourself to predict the movement of planets using that model. and even if it can predict the movement of the planets as well as einsteins theory of relativity than we are still left with the assumption that the gears exist.

Also, try taking a trip north to see the arora sometime. it really does exist. just make sure you visit when and where it's actually happening. there are aurora forcast websites.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
The question re: circumpolar stars has been answered a long time ago...

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1675760#msg1675760

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »
Can someone please explain what the linked picture is trying to explain? And what "three kinds of stellar" orbits mean?

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
The official FE map only includes the northern circumpolar star map.

Since it is the wrong map, it has been used, just like you did, to rightly point out the discrepancy involving the southern circumpolar stars trail/orbits.

The linked map is the correct FE map.

And there are three kinds of stellar orbits just like in the second linked image: northern circumpolar, southern circumpolar, and regular orbits.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
I still do not understand what that image is supposed to claim in favor of FET. Can you explain to me please?

You mentioned the official FE map only includes the northern circumpolar star map. What about the southern circumpolar star map? Can I only see stars from the northern circumpolar star map?

Thirdly, where exactly are the boundaries of the three "stellar orbits"? Those on the image seem really continuous to me...

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »
It claims the correct distribution/shape of the continents:

The boundary for the northern circumpolar star map can be deduced with some accuracy.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/tierrahueca/Chapter2.htm

"The `Pole,' magnetically speaking, is a very extended area that crosses the Polar Basin from one continent to the other. It is at least 1,000 miles long, and more likely can be said to exist as a rather diffused line for 1,000 miles more. (It is really not a point in the far north, but is the rim of the polar opening, since after Admiral Byrd passed it and entered the polar opening leading to the Earth's interior, he left the Arctic ice and snow behind and entered a warmer territory - Author. ) Thus when Admiral Peary (and any other Arctic explorer who used a magnetic compass) claims to have `reached' the Pole, he is making a very vague claim indeed. He can only say that he reached a point, which can be anywhere in a demonstrable 2,000 mile area (the magnetic rim of the polar opening), where his compass pointed straight down. A noteworthy achievement, but not a `discovery of the Pole.'

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/tierrahueca/Chapter5.htm

The region the HE take as the entrance to the inner earth, is actually the region on the Flat Earth which cannot be accessed by either land, sea or air, as the expeditions of both Peary and Cook proved clearly: neither could discover the North Pole at all (in Antarctica, we have already seen how R. Scott was assasinated in an earlier discussion). The curvature paradox also applied equally well to the HE hypothesis: since there is no curvature at the surface of the Earth, the Hollow Earth cannot be true.

The boundary consists of aether, a very dense form of energy (see my messages on the FES threads on the Black Sun photographs in Antarctica, also the Allais effect).

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
A former colleague of mine claimed to have been on the South Pole. What should I deduce from that claim?

This former colleague is neither a liar nor easily deceived. What should I deduce?

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »
A former colleague of mine claimed to have been on the South Pole. What should I deduce from that claim?

This former colleague is neither a liar nor easily deceived. What should I deduce?

You should reserve your opinion until you travel there yourself.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 07:39:00 PM »
Why?

Should I mistrust that person?

Please name a reason!

Ghost of V

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:23 PM »
Why?

Should I mistrust that person?

Please name a reason!

Trust but verify.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »
Do you? I don't think so!

Ghost of V

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »
Do you? I don't think so!

How would you know? This is not constructive.

Offline alex

• Always Curious
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
Your responses are not constructive!

If you don't believe people, YOU should go and observe. Like a sunset!