Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Size of the Inner Hemiplane
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2015, 11:42:07 PM »
Well, let's do the math for a flat earth and a spherical earth and see which angles we get? Wouldn't that say something towards determining which is correct?

If the sun is 150,000 or 150,000,000 km away we should be able to tell by the angles of shadows. No?

Under a flat earth model the Eratosthenes shadow experiment predicts a sun that is much closer to the earth.

See our article in our wiki on this subject: http://wiki.tfes.org/Distance_to_the_Sun

Offline Binder

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 12:17:31 AM »
We should test that. I think it would be a fun collaborative venture if we had a few flat earth believers and spherical earth people preform the same experiment and posted our data here(maybe in a new thread or something).

I'm sure we could all agree on a test platform of some kind. Something cheap and easy to build.

Besides the fun of preforming a amateur global experiment it might be a way to move away from the FET vs RET vibe this board has. And like I said.... It'd be kinda fun.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2015, 12:59:17 AM »
But we don't deny what angles the shadows will measure to, we dispute what they mean.

Offline Binder

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2015, 01:05:56 AM »
From what I can tell no one here has done this experiment. For all we know the whole this is a conspiracy.

It would be fun to try it.