Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: Shape of daylight on a disc
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
You are making a false assumption, and then calling us liars when we can't prove your false assumption is correct.

Please explain where my assumptions are false, and provide explanation of the mechanism that produces different predictions.

You are assuming that exactly half of the disc is lit by the sun on the equinoxes.  You have no evidence that this is so.  In our model sunlight is diffused and propagated by the atmoplane, becoming an oblong spotlight.  Tom's illustrations summarize it rather well, I think.
False. We regularly post live cam links to document sunrise an sunset times including time-lapsed records for a year. I can only understand your refusal to accept reality as willful ignorance. You need only look at the sky on an equinox to disprove Tom's cartoons.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
You are assuming that exactly half of the disc is lit by the sun on the equinoxes.  You have no evidence that this is so.  In our model sunlight is diffused and propagated by the atmoplane, becoming an oblong spotlight.  Tom's illustrations summarize it rather well, I think.

Right...... so then please supply the model so I can verify for myself. That is the standard of evidence set by FE proponents right?

Maybe you could point me to some websites that show the predictions of sunrise on a FE? or Some Wiki pages that display the math for the kind of diffusion of light as you claim so I can do the math myself? Or at least let me know what the date is for the drawing in question so I can calculate and compare to other functional predictions.

If you could do that Tintagel I would gladly accept your continuing participation in this thread. Otherwise please see yourself to the exit as you are only de-railing and distracting. My question is in the search for evidence and you are not contributing.

I am eagerly awaiting an explanation of this light on a flat plane phenomena.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:13 AM »
You are making a false assumption, and then calling us liars when we can't prove your false assumption is correct.

Please explain where my assumptions are false, and provide explanation of the mechanism that produces different predictions.

False. We regularly post live cam links to document sunrise an sunset times including time-lapsed records for a year. I can only understand your refusal to accept reality as willful ignorance. You need only look at the sky on an equinox to disprove Tom's cartoons.

Please link us to the research you claim to have made here, since you can't seem to find any official research on the matter.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:21:05 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 02:39:55 AM »

Please link us to the research you claim to have made here, since you can't seem to find any official research on the matter.
The Forum's search function worked well for you before. See, for example: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1362.msg27674#msg27674

Also, I can find all sorts of research on the matter with Google. Did you need help with Google again? See, for example: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/the-equinox-see-it-for-yourself-this-weekend-46925476/?no-ist
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:48 AM »
Tom, did you know that every year FES has a chance to conduct their own research on this very matter.  I think that it's safe to say that there are enough members living in enough different locations to determine which model is better supported.  If only there was enough interest in actually settling this matter once and for all.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »
Also, I can find all sorts of research on the matter with Google. Did you need help with Google again? See, for example: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/the-equinox-see-it-for-yourself-this-weekend-46925476/?no-ist

The Google Scholar strikes again.  I can find google results to support anything I wish to believe as well.  Did you know that aliens built the pyramids?
The Forum's search function worked well for you before. See, for example: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1362.msg27674#msg27674

The observations recorded in that thread don't take place on the equinox.  You were, I recall, rather unforgiving of my full moon / sunrise reference because it was actually 24 hours past the full moon.  If approximations don't work for our observations, they don't work for yours either.  You can't have it both ways.

If you could do that Tintagel I would gladly accept your continuing participation in this thread. Otherwise please see yourself to the exit as you are only de-railing and distracting. My question is in the search for evidence and you are not contributing.

On the contrary, I will post in any thread I wish, and I don't need to fulfill your content requirements to do so.  This forum has its own moderators to police post content, and they do a fine job.  If you have further questions, please direct them to my ass before you kiss it.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 02:33:08 PM »
On the contrary, I will post in any thread I wish, and I don't need to fulfill your content requirements to do so.  This forum has its own moderators to police post content, and they do a fine job.  If you have further questions, please direct them to my ass before you kiss it.

Well, I'm not sure why you have such a hostile tone. My post was about keeping this thread on track not so much about limiting one person from posting. I apologize if I did not word that well.

Please try to contribute to the content of the thread.

I think the adversarial aspect of this community is part of why it struggles to be taken seriously and why very few (if any) issues ever get resolved. My hope is to assist in civility, after all we are all here to discover the true nature of the world around us.

Are there any FE proponents that care to address the issue at hand? What is the model that describes what the illuminated areas will be for any given point on any given day? Tom Care to share the source of your illustrations?

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »
I figured a thread like this would be a perfect vessel to elaborate on FET for the purposes of updating ENAG that this community aspires to.

Does anyone have *on topic* content to add to this thread?