Saddam Hussein

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (cast list released!)
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »

Why are the only shots of the black stormtrooper that they've shown so far close-ups on his sweaty face while he pants?  Especially seeing how he's supposed to be one of the main characters.  This is not how you should be introducing your main character to the audience.  Nobody in the world can look compelling while they're sweaty and panting.  Oh, well.  At least a black guy and a woman are going to be the main characters.  Social justice for all!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:00:56 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2015, 01:59:17 AM »
Main characters are black, female and both homos.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »
Do you have any evidence that either of them are homos?  Personally, I think that C-3PO and R2-D2 have already done a fine job of representing the gay community in these movies.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
If you're gonna go SJW, you gotta go SJW all the way. The newer stormtroopers will be all female clones instead of all male clones and a character will comment that the female clones are better in every way.

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2015, 02:49:01 AM »
I actually teared up a bit at the Han Solo/Chewie part. What is wrong with me?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2015, 02:56:34 AM »
I actually teared up a bit at the Han Solo/Chewie part. What is wrong with me?

You have BAWtism. :'(
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
The action looks good but there's a few things I'm iffy about.

1. Why in the name of the force would the falcon fly into a star destroyer's engine?  That's a one way trip.
2. Why is a single tie fighter such a problem?  They took out four of those suckers and barely had any damage in episode 4.
3. Tattoine again?!  Seriously?  This is probably the planet that has had the most screen time in the entire franchise.  It has been shown in every single fucking movie except Episode 5.  Why is this planet so popular?  It's a god damn desert inhabited by midgets and generic nomads with sticks.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »
3. Tattoine again?!  Seriously?  This is probably the planet that has had the most screen time in the entire franchise.  It has been shown in every single fucking movie except Episode 5.  Why is this planet so popular?  It's a god damn desert inhabited by midgets and generic nomads with sticks.

The planet's core is filled with the force bacteria. Prove me wrong.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
Initial thoughts:

1) "The Force is strong in my family. My Father has it..." Not 'had' it, but 'has' it. Does this refer to Vader as the spirit/ ghost form that we saw in the medal ceremony in RotJ, or is Vader still alive, somehow?

2) Get the black guy an inhaler! Seriously.

3) I still hate that stupid R2DBall

4) Chewie looks good considering it's been thirty years. They could have put a few greys in him.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
4) Chewie looks good considering it's been thirty years. They could have put a few greys in him.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
So the desert isn't tattoine, apparently.

So I'll have to withdraw at least one complaint.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2015, 03:58:16 PM »
Wow, this conversation seems awfully familiar. Oh wait.

Hey guys, I have an idea. Why not wait until the film comes out and go see it and then criticise the movie they're actually making instead of the one you think they're making based on a 2-minute trailer?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
Wow, this conversation seems awfully familiar. Oh wait.

Hey guys, I have an idea. Stop having fun speculating about things which interest you based on the information provided thus far. Only things which concern me are worth talking about

Fix'd

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
I think it looks great. I love the BB-8 and I'm excited about a protagonist female who is not a princess or politician. I also really hope the sith is a female, but I suppose that would be asking for too much.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »
1) "The Force is strong in my family. My Father has it..." Not 'had' it, but 'has' it. Does this refer to Vader as the spirit/ ghost form that we saw in the medal ceremony in RotJ, or is Vader still alive, somehow?

I think that was just them playing his line from RotJ.

And no, rooster, this isn't based on any plans that Lucas claimed he had for later movies.  He's a liar.  Don't take his word for anything.

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:20 AM »
I think it looks great. I love the BB-8 and I'm excited about a protagonist female who is not a princess or politician. I also really hope the sith is a female, but I suppose that would be asking for too much.

99% sure the Sith is a male.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 05:37:29 PM »

I thought Chewbacca was around 200 years old and in the prime of his life in the original.  30 years is not shit to him. 

« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
For some Star Wars fans, there’s no May the Fourth news finer than this: director J. J. Abrams revealed that he’s thought about killing off the very controversial Jar Jar Binks. Sitting in an edit bay at his Bad Robot production office and pointing to a frame of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Abrams told Vanity Fair contributing editor Bruce Handy, “I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks’s bones in the desert there. I’m serious! Only three people will notice, but they’ll love it.”

J.J Abrams: DO YOU GUYS LIKE ME NOW?

Ghost of V

« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:06 PM »
I don't know about everybody else, but I like Jar Jar Binks. I'd go as far to say that he's my favorite character in the series. He adds much needed humor to the newer triology, and I think he adds a lot of personality to the overall cast.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:34:12 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »
I don't like this bait