Reverse psychology
« on: April 21, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
The movie “Behind the Curve” got me here.

It opens questions: if the world is 3390+ mile radius and the flatness doesn’t match the “supposed” stats. Why should I believe the diameter is 3390 miles? According to the measurements our world is larger than what they say. More like 8200 miles! Meaning...there are uncharted lands that are “off limits”...on the other side of the ice shelf!

What if the North Pole is a beacon to keep those traveling in a circle versus a straight line? What if you didn’t use a compass you’d run into the supposed edge eventually right?

It appears the world we live on, flat plane or not, is larger than what they say and there is land beyond what they want us to see?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:34:55 PM by RedHeadRick »

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
Re: Reverse psychology
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »
Nice approach.
Anyone who would pay Richard Branson hundreds of thousands of dollars for the visual confirmation that we are all doomed to the unforgiving abyss of space, definitely deserves to know that.

: Infinite ¥ : Szion = : Plane

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »
The movie “Behind the Curve” got me here.

It opens questions: if the world is 3390+ mile radius and the flatness doesn’t match the “supposed” stats. Why should I believe the diameter is 3390 miles? According to the measurements our world is larger than what they say. More like 8200 miles! Meaning...there are uncharted lands that are “off limits”...on the other side of the ice shelf!

What if the North Pole is a beacon to keep those traveling in a circle versus a straight line? What if you didn’t use a compass you’d run into the supposed edge eventually right?

It appears the world we live on, flat plane or not, is larger than what they say and there is land beyond what they want us to see?

Yep, "Behind the Curve" shows Flat-Earthers admitting they know the Earth is not flat.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
It opens questions: if the world is 3390+ mile radius and the flatness doesn’t match the “supposed” stats.

How was the flatness measured against the supposed stats to determine a mismatch?

Why should I believe the diameter is 3390 miles?

Because the circumference has been measured numerous times (see my mod-removed post), and derivation of diameter from circumference is basic school-level trig, and not open to dispute.

According to the measurements our world is larger than what they say.

Which measurements?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Oh, I opened it to dispute a couple of times. Find my posts on Eratosthenes, and the numerous measurements done by schools all over the Earth that verify this.  There has been absolutely no direct response to this. Only off topic posting.
BobLawBlah.