Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
Meteorites and the dome
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:25:02 PM »
I could not find anything in the wiki about this, so I'm curious; how does FET explain the existence of meteorites and the event of meteor showers?

From my observation, a meteor, as it enters our atmosphere/plane explodes with tremendous force and burns up into nothing.

What is going on with the dome as this happens? Do meteorites come from above the dome and poke holes in it just before they plunge into earth, or do they somehow form underneith the dome and plummit downwards suddenly for some unknown reason?

Is there another explanation?
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Meteorites and the dome
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
I could not find anything in the wiki about this, so I'm curious; how does FET explain the existence of meteorites and the event of meteor showers?

From my observation, a meteor, as it enters our atmosphere/plane explodes with tremendous force and burns up into nothing.

What is going on with the dome as this happens? Do meteorites come from above the dome and poke holes in it just before they plunge into earth, or do they somehow form underneith the dome and plummit downwards suddenly for some unknown reason?

So far I've seen\read, mostly the latter, from underneath the dome:

What is seen streaking across the skies:
- Bolts of electricity, kind of like lightning, but different
- Military munitions/experiments
- 'Fireworks' dropped form planes
- Pieces of the dome itself

Craters caused by:
- Bolts of electricity, kind of like lightning, but not
- Underground gaseous explosions creating sink holes

Meteorites:
- Fake, like how moon rocks are fake

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »

Another explanation is that many of the flat earth models don't have a dome.

I don't know how the flat earth models that include a firmament along with the dome would explain this.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 07:50:49 PM »

Another explanation is that many of the flat earth models don't have a dome.

I don't know how the flat earth models that include a firmament along with the dome would explain this.

From what I've seen outside this forum, the dome model seems to be pretty common.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »
When I was a lot younger I actually saw a meteorite, or maybe a piece of the dome, fly across the sky and hit the earth very close to where I was standing.  The meteorite hit the ground close enough to me that I actually saw it hit and bounce back up into the air a short distance.  We all ran over and saw what looked like a large, red hot, rock about 12 inches in diameter.  If it was a part of the dome it didn't look very transparent to me at the time.  But again, that was a long time ago and my memory could have become 'clouded' as well.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
When I was a lot younger I actually saw a meteorite, or maybe a piece of the dome, fly across the sky and hit the earth very close to where I was standing.  The meteorite hit the ground close enough to me that I actually saw it hit and bounce back up into the air a short distance.  We all ran over and saw what looked like a large, red hot, rock about 12 inches in diameter.  If it was a part of the dome it didn't look very transparent to me at the time.  But again, that was a long time ago and my memory could have become 'clouded' as well.

I bet you would have liked to know that meteorites are worth around $5 a gram.  Since iron is about 7.2 grams per cm2 that would have been worth a lot of money. 14,000ish cm2
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?