Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4260 on: August 11, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/were-all-in-the-closet-trumps-hamptons-supporters-go-underground/

Aw, some shop owners in the Hamptons are afraid they will lose business if they reveal themselves as Trump supporters.

"We live in the land of the First Amendment but if you want to stay in business out here you have to learn to keep your opinions to yourself."

Newsflash: that's not an infringement on your rights. Refusing to use a business for political reasons (ie boycotts) is itself a legitimate expression of free speech.

Also I'm so sure they have to "fear violence" from the rich liberal hipsters who flock to Long Island every summer. I wouldn't want to be walking down a dark alley by myself with that kind of element around.  ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 11, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »
It was a funny article though. Kind of makes me want to take a day trip to ask some shopkeepers their opinions on Trump.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #4262 on: August 11, 2019, 02:24:03 PM »
I'm not watching a right wing propaganda video. Use your words.

If I somehow offended you by agreeing with you I apologize...
You are free to watch the video.  You are free to not watch the video.
I offered the video as a contribution to the thread.
People are also free to simply read the description found under the video.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 11, 2019, 02:28:23 PM »
I'm not watching a right wing propaganda video. Use your words.

If I somehow offended you by agreeing with you I apologize...
You are free to watch the video.  You are free to not watch the video.
I offered the video as a contribution to the thread.
People are also free to simply read the description found under the video.

Ok then. I'd still like to know how specifically I offended you but if you don't want to talk about it that's fine.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 11, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/were-all-in-the-closet-trumps-hamptons-supporters-go-underground/

Aw, some shop owners in the Hamptons are afraid they will lose business if they reveal themselves as Trump supporters.

"We live in the land of the First Amendment but if you want to stay in business out here you have to learn to keep your opinions to yourself."

Newsflash: that's not an infringement on your rights. Refusing to use a business for political reasons (ie boycotts) is itself a legitimate expression of free speech.

Also I'm so sure they have to "fear violence" from the rich liberal hipsters who flock to Long Island every summer. I wouldn't want to be walking down a dark alley by myself with that kind of element around.  ::)

Well, with Fox news telling everyone how violent and deadly the gun hating, lazy liberals are, its no wonder.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 11, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »

Well, with Fox news telling everyone how violent and deadly the gun hating, lazy liberals are, its no wonder.

Not to mention the President himself. We're so dangerous!

I hope they have increased the police presence in the Hamptons. With the dramatic uptick in violent crime they must be seeing they need to keep the poor Trump supporting shopkeepers safe.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:26:42 PM by Roundy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 11, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »

Not to mention the President himself. We're so dangerous!

I hope they have increased the police presence in the Hamptons. With the dramatic uptick in violent crime they must be seeing they need to keep the poor Trump supporting shopkeepers safe.

Oh god, what if liberal homosexuals want to buy flowers?!  It'll be their doom.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: August 11, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
Forget the Hamptons... I worry about the poor Trump supporting business owners on Fire Island. They are truly doomed!

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: August 13, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-scott-racism-accusations-against-trump-inconsistent-with-reality

So, it should never surprise us that any Republican is a hypocrite, but considering what he said just a few weeks ago, it's clear someone is now denying reality.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/sc-sen-tim-scott-calls-trump-s-words-racially-offensive/article_fd9f6238-a72b-11e9-9349-6f1b36a1a4ed.html

So President Trump is dividing the country with his "personal attacks" and his
"racially offensive language"... but to say he's racist is "inconsistent with reality".

Um, ok lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 13, 2019, 09:07:16 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-scott-racism-accusations-against-trump-inconsistent-with-reality

So, it should never surprise us that any Republican is a hypocrite, but considering what he said just a few weeks ago, it's clear someone is now denying reality.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/sc-sen-tim-scott-calls-trump-s-words-racially-offensive/article_fd9f6238-a72b-11e9-9349-6f1b36a1a4ed.html

So President Trump is dividing the country with his "personal attacks" and his
"racially offensive language"... but to say he's racist is "inconsistent with reality".

Um, ok lol

Well, the Trump party had a little chat with him. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 14, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
Our Glorious business minded leader has begun to fuck us up.

Dow Tumbles More Than 600 Points As Bond Markets Signal Recession https://n.pr/2KPut1h

As evidence, he backs up on some of his Tariffs until right before Christmas, ya know, cause the stocks dropped like a god damn rock, partly due to him.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 14, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »

Dow Tumbles More Than 600 Points As Bond Markets Signal Recession https://n.pr/2KPut1h

As evidence, he backs up on some of his Tariffs until right before Christmas, ya know, cause the stocks dropped like a god damn rock, partly due to him.

I hate myself for hoping the economy tanks before the next election... but that's where I am now.  Any fucking thing that helps get him out.

totallackey

« Reply #4272 on: August 15, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »

I hate myself for hoping the economy tanks before the next election... but that's where I am now.  Any fucking thing that helps get him out.
Many people have now adopted this stance, so you are not alone.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »

Somehow I don't think Trump's base would be swayed if the economy collapsed. They'd just blame it on Obama and Clinton.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #4274 on: August 15, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »

Somehow I don't think Trump's base would be swayed if the economy collapsed. They'd just blame it on Obama and Clinton.
Well, at some point everything will collapse, of that there is no doubt.

But it has been that way over and over and over again.

And then, right back to the ways demonstrably proven to cause collapse all over again.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #4275 on: August 15, 2019, 02:15:25 PM »

And then, right back to the ways demonstrably proven to cause collapse all over again.

Sure, history repeats itself... We had pharaoh, hitler, stalin, trump....
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #4276 on: August 15, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »

Sure, history repeats itself... We had pharaoh, hitler, stalin, trump....
You forgot a few names in there along the way...

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »
Well obviously you can't just name every tyrant in history.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 16, 2019, 01:16:52 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/trumps-invasion-was-a-corporate-recruitment-drive/596230/

Weird article. While striving for an anti-Trump tone it actually offers the best justification I've seen for Trump's recent ICE raids. Obviously it's intended to point out the flaws in the meatpacking industry, but at the same time seems to suggest that it's issues were only exacerbated by their owners' fervor to replace legal American workers (forcing them out of jobs) with illegal immigrants. It was honestly an eye-opening piece in a way I doubt its author intended.

Where it falls apart for Trump I guess is that the logical conclusion is to target the owners as well, and Trump's just not likely to do that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:34:26 PM by Roundy »

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 16, 2019, 02:43:21 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49367792

Trump wants to buy Greenland but Denmark told him to go away.