Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #1380 on: January 07, 2022, 09:54:55 AM »
Prescription Shirt for the vax and booster junkies

The Meme thread is that way ----->
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #1381 on: January 07, 2022, 01:28:11 PM »
Prescription Shirt for the vax and booster junkies

Like Trump.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 07, 2022, 05:32:56 PM »
She makes a good point

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-fucking-god-get-the-fucking-vaccine-already-you-fucking-fucks

All that proves is that the vaccine can bring on debilitating bouts of Tourette's. What a foul mouthed woman.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #1384 on: January 07, 2022, 05:49:57 PM »
She makes a good point

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-fucking-god-get-the-fucking-vaccine-already-you-fucking-fucks

All that proves is that the vaccine can bring on debilitating bouts of Tourette's. What a foul mouthed woman.

Do the bad words offend you, snowflake?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 07, 2022, 06:05:58 PM »
Tourette's syndrome is an actual medical condition, very few sufferers of which experience coprolalia. Please don't perpetuate harmful stereotypes.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 07, 2022, 06:32:13 PM »

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 07, 2022, 11:07:34 PM »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 10, 2022, 06:44:43 AM »
Washington Post is literally telling people how to cope.

Rama Set

« Reply #1389 on: January 10, 2022, 12:07:17 PM »

“People have feelings, lol” -Tom Bishop

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 10, 2022, 03:31:15 PM »

I guess you've run out of stuff considering you're digging deep into WaPo all the way down to the 'Wellness' section of the publication.

Here's some other "coping" headlines from the 'Wellness' section you may be concerned with:

- "How to keep yourself and your kids safe around your home treadmill"
- "Do dreams mean anything? Why do I feel like I’m falling? Or wake up paralyzed? We asked experts."
- "Can government policies fix our diets? These 12 ideas might be a start."
- "Gift giving: Is it really the thought that counts? Psychologists weigh in."

Pretty hard-hitting stuff. Keep up the excellent research.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 11, 2022, 04:39:39 AM »
Your rebuttal is that they write about other things people are interested in, in other articles? I know you can come up with a better argument than that.  ::)

From the title of the article:

Why should people feel ashamed if it was always known that the vaccines wouldn't actually provide immunity?

There is a clear answer to this. It wasn't "always known". It simply didn't work. Hence the shame for believing one thing and experiencing another. Cope.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:55:02 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 11, 2022, 05:21:41 AM »
Your rebuttal is that they write about other things people are interested in, in other articles? I know you can come up with a better argument than that.  ::)

From the title of the article:

Why should people feel ashamed if it was always known that the vaccines wouldn't actually provide immunity?

There is a clear answer to this. It wasn't "always known". It simply didn't work. Hence the shame for believing one thing and experiencing another. Cope.

I'm not even sure what's to argue against. Why is this even an issue for you? The article is about how some people feel ashamed after getting covid when they have done all the right things. It kicks off with an account of a woman who contracted covid and how she felt:

"I feel very embarrassed and dumb,” she says, and upset that she’s causing her family stress. “It’s eye-opening that I feel so much shame from it. I’m realizing how much judgment I was secretly harboring against people who got it before.”

The article is just saying for those who do feel ashamed, shouldn't. It goes on to state:

Some people have misunderstood the role vaccines play in preventing illness, believing that they protect against any and all infection. That’s not the case. As Hotez points out, just two to three months after the Pfizer booster, protection against symptomatic infection from omicron drops from around 70-75 percent to 30-40 percent. “The bottom line is that getting infected with omicron could now happen to anyone,” he says.

30-40% is better than zero.

Again, why do you care about this article?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 11, 2022, 02:25:19 PM »
This article is interesting for other reasons. It shows how little we have really moved on since the Black Death, when people believed that the plague was a punishment for their sins.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #1394 on: January 11, 2022, 06:47:21 PM »

The vaccines DO work even against Omicron.   No vaccine is 100% effective.  The vaccines are less effective against Omicron than the are against Delta but cases, hospitalizations, and death rates are all much lower for the vaccinated and lower still for the vaccinated and boosted (Growing gap).  The way to stop new variants is to vaccinated the world.  Had we done so when the vaccines were first available Omicron might well not have emerged.

So of course no one should feel ashamed for getting vaccinated, everyone TODAY should get vaccinated.  We have to cope with the reality that this is not over yet (as it could have been) thanks to the UNvaccinated.
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: January 11, 2022, 09:26:16 PM »
The way to stop new variants is to vaccinated the world.
How would that stop new variants?

« Reply #1396 on: January 11, 2022, 09:54:47 PM »
Variants are a natural outcome of (random mistakes during) replication of the virus.  The less replication, the fewer variants.  The more people that are vaccinated thus beating down the virus faster, the less replication there is.  The closer we can get to eradicating the virus the less chances there will be of new variants.  Do you disagree with that?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:57:45 PM by ichoosereality »
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 11, 2022, 10:38:19 PM »
Variants are a natural outcome of (random mistakes during) replication of the virus.  The less replication, the fewer variants.  The more people that are vaccinated thus beating down the virus faster, the less replication there is.  The closer we can get to eradicating the virus the less chances there will be of new variants.  Do you disagree with that?

No. The virus only lasts a few weeks and then the effectiveness plummets rather quickly. So you'd need a jab once a month.
The vaccines don't actually stop you getting the disease. So it can still mutate away inside me once vaccinated and I can still pass it on.
It's a coronavirus. It lives in wild animals. Indeed they've found it in everything from Lions in the zoo to people's pet dogs. Vaccinating people wouldn't be enough. you'd have to vaccinate every creature on earth.
The fact that even with vaccines billions of people will still get the disease, you can't eradicate the disease as you mention.

In short, no. I don't agree with you. You don't understand how these vaccines work and are attributing powers to them that they do not possess.

« Reply #1398 on: January 11, 2022, 11:02:23 PM »

No. The virus only lasts a few weeks and then the effectiveness plummets rather quickly. So you'd need a jab once a month.
Assuming you meant "the vaccines only last a few weeks", you are still wrong.  We may indeed need a new jab every year, or maybe every 6 months, but not monthly.

The vaccines don't actually stop you getting the disease. So it can still mutate away inside me once vaccinated and I can still pass it on.
As I said, if you are vaccinated you beat it down faster so there is less chance of passing it on (but not zero chance of course).

It's a coronavirus. It lives in wild animals. Indeed they've found it in everything from Lions in the zoo to people's pet dogs. Vaccinating people wouldn't be enough. you'd have to vaccinate every creature on earth.
The fact that even with vaccines billions of people will still get the disease, you can't eradicate the disease as you mention.
Eradicate coronaviruses, no of course not.  But eradicate this strain that is causing problems in humans, yes I think that is possible.  And we do not have evidence of it jumping from animals to humans as a common event.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 11, 2022, 11:10:30 PM »
Assuming you meant "the vaccines only last a few weeks", you are still wrong.  We may indeed need a new jab every year, or maybe every 6 months, but not monthly.
Well I can take your word for it or a doctor's word for it. Imma choose the doctor.

As I said, if you are vaccinated you beat it down faster so there is less chance of passing it on (but not zero chance of course).
And as I said, there is no 'beating it down'. Even with the jab you can still contract and spread the virus.

Eradicate coronaviruses, no of course not.  But eradicate this strain that is causing problems in humans, yes I think that is possible.  And we do not have evidence of it jumping from animals to humans as a common event.
You can't eradicate something that spreads regardless of whether you vaccinated people or not. These are vaccines ... not cures.