Predictions
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
Using a model and theory, we can make predictions. This is the basis for a theory and we can do a lot of these for the heliocentric model.

Predictions made by the earth orbiting the sun once a year, and the earth rotating relative to the sun once a day:
I predict, the stars to come around in the sky exactly 366.25 times in a year compared to the sun coming around 365.25 times.
I predict, the angle between any 2 stars will be the same no matter which day or time of day.
I predict, the visible constellations in the night sky will be opposite at night when half a year apart.
I predict, there to be 2 poles due to earths rotation, and the poles would be exactly 180 degrees apart.
I predict, the angle from the north pole star (Polaris) to the sun, adding the angle from the south pole star (Sigma Octantis) to the sun, will be exactly 180 degrees.
I predict, at equinox, the sun is at a 90 degrees angle to both the pole stars.
I predict, since the earth is spinning, star trails would be almost completely circular.
I predict, at equinox, the sun will always set in due west 180 degrees from where it rose due east.

Predictions made by perspective on a spherical earth:
I predict, objects will disappear bottom first over the horizon at large distances.
I predict, the sun and moon, due to their distance, will not change in apparent size.
I predict, the sun will always travel at the same perspective angular speed throughout the day (15 degrees/hour).
I predict, the moon will always travel at the same perspective angular speed throughout the day, slightly faster than the sun (15.5 degrees/hour).

I'll add more later.

These are all very basic predictions, which we should observe in reality when using the heliocentric model.

Ancient and past civilisations used their history to predict future events, but using history is like using stone age tools when compared to using a model to predict future events.
I would like to know what the FE model can predict, not through the method of using knowledge of past events, but simply using the model and theory of FE.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:03:05 PM by SphericalEarther »

Re: Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
I predict that latitude lines (i.e. lines determinied by the angle of observation of celestial poles) will be equidistant.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:24:20 PM »
Using a model and theory, we can make predictions. This is the basis for a theory and we can do a lot of these for the heliocentric model.

Predictions made by the earth orbiting the sun once a year, and the earth rotating relative to the sun once a day:
I predict, the sun will always rise east and always set west and always set 180 degrees from where it rose.
At equinox again, right? Because this isn't true any other day.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:47:15 PM »

I predict, the sun will always rise east and always set west and always set 180 degrees from where it rose.
It will always set 180 degrees from where it rose, which is true for every day. I might need to word it better =) I didn't mean that it would rise and set directly east/west, which only happens at equinox.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »

It will always set 180 degrees from where it rose, which is true for every day. I might need to word it better =) I didn't mean that it would rise and set directly east/west, which only happens at equinox.
You'll also want to define what you mean more. Because I can't come up with any day other than the equinox where it will be 180 degrees from it's rise point to it's set point. Even if we're talking about 180 degrees in arc across the sky, that isn't true as we've been looking at in another thread.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
You'll also want to define what you mean more. Because I can't come up with any day other than the equinox where it will be 180 degrees from it's rise point to it's set point. Even if we're talking about 180 degrees in arc across the sky, that isn't true as we've been looking at in another thread.
180 degrees will always be exactly the opposite direction of where it rose, doesn't matter which arc.
But I can see your point, since on the poles, it would be way different directions and sometimes the sun will always shine. So I stand corrected, you are completely right.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
You'd better check on that one.
While I didn't measure it, according to the LunarSol app (I've always found it accurate), today, not far from our winter solstice, the sun rose at 63.9° and set at 296.1°.
On the last equinox, Mar 21, the sun rose at 90.3° and set at 269.9° and at the last summer solstice, on Dec 22 2017, it rose at 117.1° and set at 242.8°.

You could say that it sets the same angle west of north that it rises east of north.