How does gravity work?
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »
So like, I get the whole earth moving up at a constant acceleration thing. But why does the acceleration of gravity decrease as altitude increases. If the earth is moving up shouldn't gravity be consistent since there is no force pulling us toward the earth to grow weaker over distance. Can someone please explain why acceleration toward the earth gets slower with altitude? :) :) :)

Thanks

Devils Advocate

Re: How does gravity work?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:29:50 PM »
So like, I get the whole earth moving up at a constant acceleration thing. But why does the acceleration of gravity decrease as altitude increases. If the earth is moving up shouldn't gravity be consistent since there is no force pulling us toward the earth to grow weaker over distance. Can someone please explain why acceleration toward the earth gets slower with altitude? :) :) :)

Thanks

Some stuff in the Wiki. Other ideas are that maybe there's pull from the celestial bodies. Other answers are "we don't know" and there will be lots more answers that you may or may not get from the FE.

PS Pete, I'm not suggesting that I am supplying the FE stance here as we all know there isn't ONE theory here, just trying to help this dude out a bit  :D

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Well gravity works because it pulls down underneath the whole earth equally. In a round earth it pulls from the centre, but on flat earth it is a force active all across the underside of the earth.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »
Well gravity works because it pulls down underneath the whole earth equally. In a round earth it pulls from the centre, but on flat earth it is a force active all across the underside of the earth.

So how do you explain the Eötvös effect?
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:17:14 AM »
Really? No response?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »
Really? No response?

Don't bump threads without adding anything to them (aside from whining that people are not replying fast enough for you).  Warned.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
Really? No response?

Don't bump threads without adding anything to them (aside from whining that people are not replying fast enough for you).  Warned.

Got it! It won't happen again, I promise  ;)