Newbie to the forum: ice wall question
« on: April 01, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have only recently discovered this forum and have been fascinated by all the threads I have read, and have finally plucked up the courage to make a post!
I have found the posts about the ice wall around the edge of the earth really interesting, but I was wondering why it is that we are not able to travel there? The few posts I have seen asking this have been from people being very accusatory so have been removed so I have never seen an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie to the forum: ice wall question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
We can travel to the ice wall. Ship's cannot progress past it but it can be scaled by people. The ice wall is Antarctica, and it stretches for hundreds of miles where there are hurricanes and extreme cold, and light eventually gives way to perpetual darkness.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 03:26:57 PM »
We can travel to the ice wall. Ship's cannot progress past it but it can be scaled by people. The ice wall is Antarctica, and it stretches for hundreds of miles where there are hurricanes and extreme cold, and light eventually gives way to perpetual darkness.
For which the only piece of that with any evidence, is the cold.

To the OP. There's nothing stopping you or anyone from going there other than funds. There are even tours of Antarctica you can book.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
Thanks for that, is there any where within this forum of people who have travelled there so I could take a look? As I am currently picturing something very Game of Thrones-esque haha. I am assuming the perpetual darkness you mentioned is space? Out of curiosity what do the majority of those who believe in Flat Earth think about space? Is it assumed that other planets are also flat, like ours?

kasai

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have only recently discovered this forum and have been fascinated by all the threads I have read, and have finally plucked up the courage to make a post!
I have found the posts about the ice wall around the edge of the earth really interesting, but I was wondering why it is that we are not able to travel there? The few posts I have seen asking this have been from people being very accusatory so have been removed so I have never seen an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Search up The Antarctic Treaty it's why we can't freely travel there.

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

There is however nothing in the treaty preventing you from exploring the continent so long as you log your trip in the correct manner. It's specifically about stopping military or territorial disputes over the continent, not stopping exploration or scientific inquiry. But if one is serious about it, the Treaty is likely about the easiest 'obstacle' on the way to an exploratory expedition.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

You mean the treaty that allows tourism? https://www.ats.aq/e/ats_other_tourism.htm You can travel to Antarctica. You can also fly over it. It isn't an ice wall though - it's a continent.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
Thanks for that, is there any where within this forum of people who have travelled there so I could take a look? As I am currently picturing something very Game of Thrones-esque haha. I am assuming the perpetual darkness you mentioned is space? Out of curiosity what do the majority of those who believe in Flat Earth think about space? Is it assumed that other planets are also flat, like ours?
Well no actually the perpetual darkness is the far edges of the world where light doesn't reach on account of the sun orbiting the earth and being a hell of a lot smaller than 'science' claims.

A lot of people believe that there is a dome above the world. I myself do not, and Dr Rowbotham never made any mention of a dome.

As for the other planets... Who knows? Round earthers will tell you they are round, but no human has ever been to them, so there's no first hand experience of them. Satellites that have apparently been to Jupiter or Titan or Saturn, for example, can easily have fake images created on NASA's state of the art computers. It has, however, been suggested that the moon is flat.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 09:24:01 PM »
As for the other planets... Who knows? Round earthers will tell you they are round, but no human has ever been to them, so there's no first hand experience of them. Satellites that have apparently been to Jupiter or Titan or Saturn, for example, can easily have fake images created on NASA's state of the art computers. It has, however, been suggested that the moon is flat.
All the planets and the moon have been observed to be round. Go get a telescope and observe for yourself. You're the first 'flerfer' I've seen even suggest such a silly thing.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »
I never said they were, I just suggested that humans haven't been to them so can you prove it for certain?

A telescope wouldn't necessarily prove a round moon, for example, since we can't see the far side of it.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 11:00:47 PM »
I never said they were, I just suggested that humans haven't been to them so can you prove it for certain?

A telescope wouldn't necessarily prove a round moon, for example, since we can't see the far side of it.
A telescope proves all of the planets and the moon round, due to factors such as Jupiter's red spot, the libation of the moon, and similar things on the other planets. To assert they might not be is to simply show one's own ignorance on the subject. BUT, this is Q&A about the ice wall. So unless you have evidence to present for your above claims on it, we can leave it at what has been presented most likely. It's perfectly possible to travel to, and even explore Antarctica. The Antarctic treaty is the least of a persons worries when planning such a trip though.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 02:19:57 PM »

A telescope proves all of the planets and the moon round, due to factors such as Jupiter's red spot, the libation of the moon, and similar things on the other planets. To assert they might not be is to simply show one's own ignorance on the subject. BUT, this is Q&A about the ice wall. So unless you have evidence to present for your above claims on it, we can leave it at what has been presented most likely. It's perfectly possible to travel to, and even explore Antarctica. The Antarctic treaty is the least of a persons worries when planning such a trip though.
Round earthers constantly demand proof of the ice wall, and when proof is posted, they claim its not proof. There is an ice wall, the military monitor it and while you can walk far, you can only go as far as they want or they'll intervene.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »

Round earthers constantly demand proof of the ice wall, and when proof is posted, they claim its not proof. There is an ice wall, the military monitor it and while you can walk far, you can only go as far as they want or they'll intervene.
Once again, the only 'proof' we have is for this 'ice wall' which. Yes, some parts of the coast do indeed have what one could describe as an ice wall. But you've never provided evidence for the rest of this claim.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »

You've posted no proof. We are waiting very patiently. What military force monitors this magical place? Where do all the soldiers stay? Do we kill them all when they tour of duty is done or do we wipe their memory? I haven't heard any soldiers talk about being stationed at this imaginary wall.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50