Moon Landing?
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:24:25 AM »
What is the Flat Earth Society's view on the moon landing? Is it a hoax, or is it real?

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
Re: Moon Landing?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:29:11 AM »
They don't believe it happened (it did).
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline gnome ann

• Not a flat earther, and I like space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:42:23 PM »
they think that the moon is very close/there is no way to get there, and also tehy think that if the governments are wiling to fake the worlds shape there is no reason for them to be truthful about anything else

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »
and also tehy think that if the governments are wiling to fake the worlds shape there is no reason for them to be truthful about anything else
Not at all. In fact, you've managed to present the exact inverse of the causal relation here.

OP may want to familiarise himself with https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Zanz

• Flat Earth researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
I would worship FEers that believe the Moon Landings were real.

Obviously they don't.
I still believe its round don't worry.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »
Would you also worship visitors from other galaxies?

The reasons for the moon landing hoax are more complicated than just deceiving the world about the shape of the earth. As with everything in life, there were other factors involved, including a Cold War.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:34:55 PM by Dither »
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 01:29:31 AM »
The fact we haven't been back in 50 years should prove the hoax. Tons of videos where they say someday we can go to the moon. Where's the American Spirit that supposedly got us there? Gone, but not in real life, only your make believe one on a movie set.

03/20/1992   First over 300: Kenny Bernstein , 301.7 mph at Gainesville, Florida driving the Budweiser dragster

They never tried to repeat it..he he or go back he he

The record for a quarter-mile race in a top-fuel car is 336.15 mph set by Tony Schumacher.

That's some space buggy.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline nickrulercreator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 03:41:40 AM »
The fact we haven't been back in 50 years should prove the hoax.

No it doesn't. That's not proof.

Tons of videos where they say someday we can go to the moon. Where's the American Spirit that supposedly got us there? Gone, but not in real life, only your make believe one on a movie set.

Again, not proof. The "American Spirit" that got us there wasn't spirit, it was fear and a determination to beat the Soviets. Newsflash: we're not in a race like that anymore.

03/20/1992   First over 300: Kenny Bernstein , 301.7 mph at Gainesville, Florida driving the Budweiser dragster

They never tried to repeat it..he he or go back he he

The record for a quarter-mile race in a top-fuel car is 336.15 mph set by Tony Schumacher.

That's some space buggy.

What about this?
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
Why? Given the advantages in CGI it would be MUCH easier to fake now than it would have been in the late 60s/early 70s.
Why wouldn't they just fake some more?

We stopped going because it was expensive and it had been done. 6 Apollo missions landed on the moon and it went from a worldwide "event" to something that the public had little interest in, just like how no-one takes much notice when people climb Everest these days. It almost became routine and while scientifically useful it was harder and harder to justify the sheer cost of it. In the end the latter Apollo missions were cancelled completely.

Honestly, I'm disappointed we haven't been back in my lifetime but part of it is political will and public buy in. In the 60s the space race was fuelled by the cold war, now there's no particular reason to justify that level of expense. You need to throw away some of those tin foil hats, fella.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline nickrulercreator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »
Why? Given the advantages in CGI it would be MUCH easier to fake now than it would have been in the late 60s/early 70s.
Why wouldn't they just fake some more?

And, even if we did fake going to the moon, why did we fake it NINE times? Why not one and done?

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 05:35:46 AM »
Because people weren't convinced it was real. So had to do it again. In the end they just gave up. Cost too much money.

Did get nice shots though spectacular. Note: FE believe moon landing hoax, but don't believe rockets are fake.

Offline nickrulercreator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:49:04 PM »
Because people weren't convinced it was real. So had to do it again. In the end they just gave up. Cost too much money.

600 million watched the first landing. Billions more heard about it. Pretty sure everyone was convinced.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Would you also worship visitors from other galaxies?

The reasons for the moon landing hoax are more complicated than just deceiving the world about the shape of the earth. As with everything in life, there were other factors involved, including a Cold War.
If the moon landing was a hoax, why wouldn't the soviet union contest it? They weren't really the kind of people to just give up. If it was faked, why would they concede to the Americans?

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 11:04:03 AM »
why wouldn't the soviet union contest it? They weren't really the kind of people to just give up. If it was faked, why would they concede to the Americans?
Not sure.

The published story is that they have tried:

The Americans obviously reaped the increase in fame and technological reputation from the hoax?

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »
You can't think of a single other reason why we didn't go back?

Like, say, that each one was six billion dollars? Or that the space race ended and there was no longer massive public interest? Or even, get this, that NASA is gearing up for Mars right now?

And also, it hasn't been 50 years since the last Moon landing, and I'm fairly confident that SpaceX will get theirs in before December 2022.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:50 PM »
You can't think of a single other reason why we didn't go back?

Like, say, that each one was six billion dollars? Or that the space race ended and there was no longer massive public interest? Or even, get this, that NASA is gearing up for Mars right now?

And also, it hasn't been 50 years since the last Moon landing, and I'm fairly confident that SpaceX will get theirs in before December 2022.

And also...It's literally just a ball of rock in space, that we've been too multiple times. It's kinda like going to an empty room that no ones ever been in before. It's like "Woah, first person here" for the first few times, then it's like "Woah...been here...so not really woah" ^-^ haha
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 03:36:03 AM »
I went to the Bahama's 30 years ago and haven't been back. Does that mean the Bahama's don't exist?

Offline Rab79

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »

Obviously they don't.

Can anyone tell when at night when moon is out you can clearly see clouds behind the moon and the moon is in front of the clouds? mmmm...

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »
at night when moon is out you can clearly see clouds behind the moon and the moon is in front of the clouds? mmmm...

Dontcha mean the Moon is bright enough that you can't discern the clouds in front of it?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?