Hemispherical star differences?
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:52:51 PM »
I am curious, if a person in the northern hemisphere can observe Polaris, why can't a person in the southern hemisphere do the same if the Earth is flat?

Re: Hemispherical star differences?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
I am curious, if a person in the northern hemisphere can observe Polaris, why can't a person in the southern hemisphere do the same if the Earth is flat?

Because the stars aren't light years away from us. They are atmospheric disturbances and objects suspended in the air. Can you see an airplane directly above Washington dc from los Angeles, California? The same applies to the stars.
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »
Hmm. But they rotate in different directions in the different what "round-earthers" would call hemispheres.
Almost as though we're on a sphere. Almost.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »

Because the stars aren't light years away from us. They are atmospheric disturbances and objects suspended in the air. Can you see an airplane directly above Washington dc from los Angeles, California? The same applies to the stars.

And your proof is what exactly? Atmospheric disturbances would result in random patterns, which is definitely not observed at all. Also, Polaris can be seen from near the equator very low on the horizon. It can also be seen quite high in the sky as you travel north a few thousand miles. Please explain how this is possible given the very dim nature of Polaris.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

totallackey

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
I am unsure as to why you would expect any person to be able to see that far?

Polaris has been observed south of the equator though...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:34:04 PM by totallackey »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:22:37 PM »
Polaris has been observed south of the equator though...
It can be seen 1 degree below the equator but not further south than that.
If you believe you have evidence to the contrary then please present it.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:29:10 AM »
StinkyOne has a point. Atmospheric disturbances would vary based on a complex variety of variables, thus having one star appear in the same position is virtually impossible. The improbability exponentially increases when you take the other stars into account. They appear the same brightness, retain orientation, and consistently have the same position in reference to the other stars.
Also, if they were objects suspended in the sky, the smaller stars would not receive as much interference from a small amount of atmosphere as the stars that are separated from us by many light-years do by numerous cosmic factors. That would require the atmosphere to be comprised by an unknown media, which we would have at least some perception of from atmospheric analysis. Finally, what would hold the stars in place? Would they not crash into the planet that is accelerating towards them at gravitational speed? Or is it another unknown material there is no trace of?

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:44 AM »
Anything? Or does the mystery of the stars continue unsolved?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »
I'm interested to know what these objects are suspended on.
And what parallax measurements have been done to measure their distance.
And why spectroscopy can be done on the light from them which shows what they're made of and red shift and therefore movement.
I'm always amused/bemused by the impossibly high level of proof required by flat earthers for well established scientific ideas while they then claim things like "suspended objects" or "atmospheric disturbances" with absolutely no evidence.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:30 AM »
And still no explanations. Well, Pickle B Gravel, anything? Or does the (flat earth) mystery of the stars continue unexplained?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:23 PM »
And still no explanations. Well, Pickle B Gravel, anything? Or does the (flat earth) mystery of the stars continue unexplained?

Please stop bumping the thread without adding anything else. If people want to respond, they will.

Warned.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 07:24:21 AM »

I was sceptical about the flat earth model because of the stars too.....then I saw this video and I'm converted. If you watch this stellar explanation and still think the earth is round then there's something wrong with you

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »
Alright, what holds the star disc up? I'm pretty sure there's no pole in the middle of the northern hemisphere.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 02:22:56 AM »
Alright, what holds the star disc up? I'm pretty sure there's no pole in the middle of the northern hemisphere.

Magic I think. You will never get any proper answers here because there are no explanations about why we wee different stars, rotating around their own poles in the north and south.

The only logical explanation is that the world is a globe.