Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Apparently a Round Earther threw a fit when he was unable to champion his own model, becoming so enraged that he violently lost control. Seems typical.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/flat-earth-debate-leads-to-fire-police-call-1.3634692

A family argument over whether the Earth is flat or round became so heated that one of the participants threw a propane cylinder onto a campfire, prompting an intervention by firefighters.

The dispute over a question most considered resolved centuries ago boiled over around 10:30 p.m. Monday at St. Lawrence Park in Brockville, Ont.

Police said a 56-year-old Brockville man was at a campsite with his son and his son's girlfriend when the woman began insisting that the Earth is flat.

The older man insisted the Earth is round.

It's not clear if anyone at the campfire put forth the argument that the Earth's equatorial bulge makes it not perfectly round, but instead a shape known as an oblate spheroid.

Nevertheless, police said the man became so enraged he began throwing objects into the campfire, including a propane cylinder.

Brockville firefighters were called to put out the campfire. By the time police arrived at the scene, the man had left.

Brockville police are looking for the man and say they expect to charge him with mischief.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:23:41 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

Re: Police, firefighters called in after flat Earth debate turns heated
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 03:49:25 AM »
Apparently a Round Earther threw a fit when he was unable to champion his own model, becoming so enraged that he violently lost control. Seems typical.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago.  A Flat Earther not doing their research.  Seems typical.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
Always behind the times!

Rama's http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=5102.0
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:38:08 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:19:25 PM »
Seems typical.

I'm pretty sure the "typical" response is to roll the eyes or burst out laughing.

(Side note: did you forget about this thread, where you accused me of being in denial about all the "numerous evidence"? You still haven't quoted a single passage from ENaG to back up that claim. Are you hoping it will go away if you ignore it long enough?)

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
I thought it was the flat earther burning the house down.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.