Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
according the Flat Earth Model ...... what
« on: May 16, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
according the Flat Earth Model ...... what is it that casts a shadow across the face of the Moon ?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:35:49 AM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: according the Flat Earth Model ...... what
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 09:12:48 PM »
A shadow object.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »
Boots = A shadow object ....... < but what is the object (Lunar Eclipse) casting the shadow ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:35:10 AM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »
according the Flat Earth Model ...... what is it that casts a shadow across the face of the Moon ?

According to flat earth:
Both solar and lunar eclipses are caused when the shadow objects gets between the sun or the moon and the earth and blocks the light from them.
The shadow object only appears during an eclipse.
It is invisible, lost in the glare of the sun at all other times.
It appears to be gigantic black disc, made of some sort of non-transparent material.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:25:34 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »
geckothegeek = According to flat earth:
Both solar and lunar eclipses are caused when the shadow objects gets between the sun or the moon and the earth and blocks the light from them.
The shadow object only appears during an eclipse.
It is invisible, lost in the glare of the sun at all other times.
It appears to be gigantic black disc, made of some sort of non-transparent material ................ omG !!! ... these answers have no Merritt .. thank you for displaying the FES perspective
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:33:01 AM by Boodidlie »

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:36 AM »
If I mis-quoted . perhaps a member of the FES could supply a correction.
I am just a "round earth" visitor and this is the way I best remember it.

According to flat earth, both sun and moon are the same size - 32  miles in diameter - and the same distance from the earth - 3,000 miles. They don't bump into each other "because they wobble up and down."
According to one flat earth animation, sun and moon are always 180 degrees apart in their orbits over the earth.
The earth is stationary.....sun, moon and stars rotate.

The sun "acts like a spotlight" and shines down - on the earth- so light from the sun never reaches the moon. The moon is "self-illuminated" by some kind of "bio-luminescent" creatures . Their migrations back and forth across the moon causes the phases of the moon.

At least that is the way I have read it. Please correct me, FES, if this is not corrrct.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:52:47 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
According to flat earth ...............................
01. both sun and moon are the same size - 32  miles in diameter - and the same distance from (above) the earth - 3,000 miles
02. sun and moon are always 180 degrees apart in their orbits over the earth
03. The earth is stationary.....sun, moon and stars rotate
04. The sun "acts like a spotlight" and shines down - on the earth- so light from the sun never reaches the moon
05. The moon is "self-illuminated" by some kind of "bio-luminescent" creatures . Their migrations back and forth across the moon causes the phases of the moon.
................... is this all accurate Boots ??  .... needing a yes / no or clarification from the FErs
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:30:58 PM by Boodidlie »

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
According to flat earth ...............................
01. both sun and moon are the same size - 32  miles in diameter - and the same distance from (above) the earth - 3,000 miles
02. sun and moon are always 180 degrees apart in their orbits over the earth
03. The earth is stationary.....sun, moon and stars rotate
04. The sun "acts like a spotlight" and shines down - on the earth- so light from the sun never reaches the moon
05. The moon is "self-illuminated" by some kind of "bio-luminescent" creatures . Their migrations back and forth across the moon causes the phases of the moon.
................... is this all accurate Boots ??  .... needing a yes / no or clarification from the FErs

You can check all of this on "the flat earth wiki".
Samuel Birley Rowbotham's "Earth Not A Globe" has more "flat earth theories."
There is also a section on this website called "The Sacred Texts".

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 04:25:12 PM »
Thanks geckothegeek ..... I will indeed make a verified list of these FES theories ..... FErs need to step up to the plate

Boots = A shadow object ....... Scientific documentation (other than FES) of this supposed "object" casting its shadow across the face of the Moon ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:29:49 PM by Boodidlie »

geckothegeek

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »
Thanks geckothegeek ..... I will indeed make a verified list of these FES theories ..... FErs need to step up to the plate

Boots = A shadow object ....... Scientific documentation (other 8than FES) of this supposed "object" casting its shadow across the face of the Moon ?

I wish some FE would reply.
FE's also say there is a vast "Conspiracy" . They are the only ones who "hold the truth that the earth is flat".
Everyone else, especially scientists, engineers and astronomers are liars and are hiding the fact that the earth is flat.
NASA is the worst. It is just an anagram for SATAN.
I haven't seen it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would say USN stood for Unholy Satanic Navy (or Non-Believers).
I was in the USN for four years as an ET2. (Just missed out making ET1 :-( )
Welcome to the FES. :-)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:16:18 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 07:07:15 PM »
WARNING FROM FES MODS = NO LOW-CONTENT POSTING .........

so is this "A shadow object" considered "low-content" posting ??
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:08:48 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »
so is this "A shadow object" considered "low-content" posting ??

No, it was an answer to a question. More information can be found in the FAQ and wiki for those interested.

If you have questions or concerns about the rules, please direct them to the Suggestions & Concerns forum. Threads in Flat Earth Debate need to remain on-topic.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 07:11:28 PM »
"More information can be found in the" ..... is this not a debate thread ?? .. here is what I'm looking for

Boots = A shadow object ....... Scientific documentation (other than FES) of this supposed "object" casting its shadow across the face of the Moon ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:13:05 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
Boodidlie, your posts are difficult to read.  Please use the Quote button to differentiate the text you are quoting from the text you are writing, instead of font color and italics. 

Take a look at how Gecko and Junker did it, their posts are clear as to who said what.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 07:24:12 PM »
Boodidlie, your posts are difficult to read.  Please use the Quote button to differentiate the text you are quoting from the text you are writing, instead of font color and italics. 

Take a look at how Gecko and Junker did it, their posts are clear as to who said what.

"More information can be found in the" ..... is this not a debate thread ?? .. here is what I'm looking for

INQUIRING MINDS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

It appears to be gigantic black disc, made of some sort of non-transparent material ? < SERIOUSLY ?? please back this up FErs
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:12:20 PM by Boodidlie »

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 12:33:33 AM »

INQUIRING MINDS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

It appears to be gigantic black disc, made of some sort of non-transparent material ? < SERIOUSLY ?? please back this up FErs

There is more information on "Lunar Eclipse"  on the "FAQ" or "Frequently Asked Questions"section of this website.
The "shadow object" is said to be 5 to 10 miles in diameter according to the FAQ. It does not seem to be clear if it is a disc or a sphere.
"The earth is not a planet." 
"The planets are pretty small."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:37:03 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
Solar and Lunar Eclipses in North America – Next 10 years