Rama Set

Re: Scottish Independence
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2014, 04:13:20 AM »
She is a figurehead and literally does nothing.  Why should it be a problem?

She has complete control over your current government. Just ask Vindictus about the time she dissolved Australia's entire parliament.

Never happened in Canada.  If it did, then we would get rid of her.  Its that simple.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2014, 05:09:09 AM »
Never happened in Canada.  If it did, then we would get rid of her.  Its that simple.

No, you wouldn't. Canada is full of political pansies. Again, the US should just annex Canada. It'd make it a lot easier to soak up all of their oil.

Rama Set

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »

No, you wouldn't. Canada is full of political pansies. Again, the US should just annex Canada. It'd make it a lot easier to soak up all of their oil.

This coming from a country whose politicians are too scared to admit they are atheists. lol!

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2014, 05:41:01 AM »
This coming from a country whose politicians are too scared to admit they are atheists. lol!

Is this what I've reduced you to?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2014, 06:27:20 AM »
The Yes campaigners have to say something when people ask "so why independence?"
Corrupt Westminster government literally hates Scotland and only ever develops London while neglecting anything north of <arbitrarily-picked Midlands city goes here>. And all that is paid for with taxes collected from good, honest, hard-working Scots.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »

Is this what I've reduced you to?

I did stoop to your level, yes.

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »
What's the electricity generating capacity of Scotland? Would they be okay if the rest of the UK decided not to sell them power after they leave?
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2014, 02:32:29 AM »
What's the electricity generating capacity of Scotland? Would they be okay if the rest of the UK decided not to sell them power after they leave?

Seems like a pretty snobby move to allow a country to claim independence and then immediately vilify them for doing so. Why would the UK stop selling power to them?

Thork

« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
The UK doesn't own any power stations. They are all in private hands. This is 2014. Nations are broke and all assets are in the clutches of neo-fueudalists.

Thork

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »
The Yes campaigners have to say something when people ask "so why independence?"
Corrupt Westminster government literally hates Scotland and only ever develops London while neglecting anything north of <arbitrarily-picked Midlands city goes here>. And all that is paid for with taxes collected from good, honest, hard-working Scots.
I can't help notice that there are millions of Scots out on the streets holding mass rallies for YES or NO. On week days. Its very obvious that none of them have jobs. And if they vote YES, they aren't going to have any dole money from hard working English folk.

Rama Set

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »

Thork

« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
hard working English folk.

LOL
I am at work right now! I'm not out on the streets drinking Tennents Super and telling people to vote 'Aye' or get a headbutt.

Rama Set

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
hard working English folk.

LOL
I am at work right now! I'm not out on the streets drinking Tennents Super and telling people to vote 'Aye' or get a headbutt.

Clearly working hard  ::)

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
I haven't spoken on this subject much, because, although I am English, I live in the USA, don't have a vote, and frankly, don't have as much invested in it as people in Scotland or in the rest of the UK for that matter. But the day is here. By  8.00 pm tonight Central Time, the results are going to start coming in. What are Scots going to do? And I have to admit, this is the most daft thing I have ever heard! 307 years of working out their future together, and now people just want to scrap that, and let it all go to Hell in a handbasket on horseback! If Scotland goes for independence, major banks have already said they will leave for London. London has already said the BPS is not an option for Scotland to use as a currency. Does Scotland for one moment think these people are playing? How stupid can they be?

Scotland can bleat about North Sea oil all they want. But BP has already said there may not be as much there as earlier projections indicated. What happens to Scotland when that non-renewable resource runs out? You can only make so much money with sheep. Only 8% of the UK's population resides in Scotland. Can they maintain the NHS without the taxation of the rest of the UK? I know they want the National Health, and are afraid it could get privatised or altered in some way. I suspect that's unlikely. If Thatcher couldn't do it, what makes them think that Cameron can?

And you know, you can talk about Robert the Bruce and the Battle of Bannockburn all you want, but sitting on past glories doesn't get you a decent standard of living. Just look at the American South with all their crap about "the South shall rise again", and what-not. If Scotland does this, there are no do-overs. No going back. They had better be prepared to stick with it, even when their tiny little country sinks into irrelevance in the modern age.

The sad part is that the rest of the UK, while not sinking as far, will also be less relevant. How will they divy up the national debt, I wonder? Will there still be a seat on the UN Security Council for England, Wales, and N. Ireland? Can the rump UK continue to project an image of strength onto the world stage?

At this point in history, when the West must face the Muslim hordes coming out of the East, to have division in our ranks is ASKING for trouble. And Scotland would do this, not only to the UK, but to every other nation in the Western sphere of influence. What a bunch of selfish bastards the yes-men are! Salmond, you ought to be shot for treason against your Queen.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »
I haven't spoken on this subject much, because, although I am English, I live in the USA, don't have a vote, and frankly, don't have as much invested in it as people in Scotland or in the rest of the UK for that matter. But the day is here. By  8.00 pm tonight Central Time, the results are going to start coming in. What are Scots going to do? And I have to admit, this is the most daft thing I have ever heard! 307 years of working out their future together, and now people just want to scrap that, and let it all go to Hell in a handbasket on horseback! If Scotland goes for independence, major banks have already said they will leave for London. London has already said the BPS is not an option for Scotland to use as a currency. Does Scotland for one moment think these people are playing? How stupid can they be?

Scotland can bleat about North Sea oil all they want. But BP has already said there may not be as much there as earlier projections indicated. What happens to Scotland when that non-renewable resource runs out? You can only make so much money with sheep. Only 8% of the UK's population resides in Scotland. Can they maintain the NHS without the taxation of the rest of the UK? I know they want the National Health, and are afraid it could get privatised or altered in some way. I suspect that's unlikely. If Thatcher couldn't do it, what makes them think that Cameron can?

And you know, you can talk about Robert the Bruce and the Battle of Bannockburn all you want, but sitting on past glories doesn't get you a decent standard of living. Just look at the American South with all their crap about "the South shall rise again", and what-not. If Scotland does this, there are no do-overs. No going back. They had better be prepared to stick with it, even when their tiny little country sinks into irrelevance in the modern age.

The sad part is that the rest of the UK, while not sinking as far, will also be less relevant. How will they divy up the national debt, I wonder? Will there still be a seat on the UN Security Council for England, Wales, and N. Ireland? Can the rump UK continue to project an image of strength onto the world stage?

At this point in history, when the West must face the Muslim hordes coming out of the East, to have division in our ranks is ASKING for trouble. And Scotland would do this, not only to the UK, but to every other nation in the Western sphere of influence. What a bunch of selfish bastards the yes-men are! Salmond, you ought to be shot for treason against your Queen.

Does everything have to come down to your holy war against Islam? It's kind of messed up.

Anyway, I wish Scotland only the best regardless of what happens. They'll probably do fine on their own.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »
You fool, don't reply to him!

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »
Saddam, go fuck yourself.

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
International relevance is overrated. Best to be out of the UK and away from the black hole of London.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
TERROR, tell that to the people who built an Empire that controlled 1/3 of the world's surface and 1/4 of the world's population. They are probably rolling in the graves right now.

Thork

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
TERROR, tell that to the people who built an Empire that controlled 1/3 of the world's surface and 1/4 of the world's population. They are probably rolling in the graves right now.
The Rothschilds? They are Jewish.