Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10080 on: December 10, 2022, 07:19:29 PM »
I don't see the relevance.
The election was fresh and charges were brought quickly.  The process took some months, of course, but it ultimately ended with the judge declaring that the democrat should be thrown out.  In a non-federal election.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #10081 on: December 10, 2022, 07:26:12 PM »
"Federal official", of course, means a legitimate one. Fraud has occurred in the past and the official was not removed via impeachment. Here is an example of a state senator removed directly by a judge after a heinous Democrat vote fraud scheme:

https://web.archive.org/web/20201114182126/https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1994-02-20-1994051024-story.html

PHILADELPHIA -- Saying Philadelphia's election system had collapsed under "a massive scheme" by a Democratic candidate to steal a state Senate election in November, a federal judge took the rare step of invalidating the election and ordered the seat filled by the Republican candidate.

In making such a sweeping move, Judge Clarence C. Newcomer of U.S. District Court in Philadelphia did for the Republicans what the election had not: enabled them to regain control of the state Senate, which they lost two years ago.

Judge Newcomer ruled Friday that the Democratic candidate, William G. Stinson, had stolen the election from Bruce S. Marks in North Philadelphia's 2nd Senatorial District through an elaborate fraud in which hundreds of residents were encouraged to vote by absentee ballot even though they had no legal reason -- such as a physical disability or a scheduled trip outside the city -- to do so.

you started this by agreeing with trump's assertion that part or all of the constitution should be suspended:

Trump is correct[...]Large parts of the Constitution can be discarded because they are not applicable to an illegitimately elected President.

how does the stinson case demonstrate that any part of the constitution can be — or should be — discarded in instances of election fraud? was the pennsylvania state constitution suspended in any fashion?

your article actually seems to imply that there is, in fact, a constitutional remedy that is available and has been used before. maybe trump should try taking some of his iron clad evidence to the courts? really odd that he hasn't already. what's he waiting for?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: December 10, 2022, 10:29:23 PM »
Clearly, you are thoroughly wrong.

I don't think so. The issue was put forth before the State Senate prior to the court proceedings and subsequent Judge's ruling. I'm not sure one could call it an "impeachment" vote, by name alone, but it had the same stripes, as it were, as one - i.e., Removal from office:

On November 22, the Pennsylvania Senate reconvened. The President of the Senate, Lt. Gov. Mark S. Singel, a Democrat, ruled that Stinson was properly seated. Sen. Robert C. Jubelirer, a Republican, objected, claiming that the Board's certification of Stinson was invalid. The Senate voted 25-24 that Stinson was "eligible to vote on his own seating in the Senate," with Stinson casting the decisive vote. The Senate then voted 25-24 that Stinson was "properly seated as a member of the Pennsylvania Senate," with Stinson again casting the decisive vote. See Jubelirer v. Singel, 638 A.2d 352 (1994) ( en banc).

Had the vote gone the Republican's way, Stinson would have been "unseated" from the State Senate. Essentially removed from office - The same result as an impeachment.

Again, this was all prior to the court proceedings and subsequent Judge's ruling.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: December 10, 2022, 11:48:57 PM »
It should also be noted that he was removed from the seat by the judge.  He wasn't automatically unqualified nor was any of his work or votes prior removed

Legally, he's also listed as having served on the state senate.  Albiet for a very brief time.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: December 15, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: December 16, 2022, 02:52:37 PM »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: December 16, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »
I would like off the meme universe ride now, please. I have had enough.

Rama Set

« Reply #10087 on: December 16, 2022, 04:32:15 PM »

I like to think Trump browsed the “terrible political memes” thread and was inspired.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: December 16, 2022, 05:15:46 PM »

I like to think Trump browsed the “terrible political memes” thread and was inspired.

I mean he probably believes the Earth is flat, so who knows?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: December 16, 2022, 08:33:14 PM »

I mean he probably believes the Earth is flat, so who knows?

No way.  He's a champion of the Space Force.  Pew! Pew!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: December 16, 2022, 08:46:02 PM »
Trump could be any one of us. It could be you. It could even be me.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: December 16, 2022, 11:07:03 PM »
Shocked no one saw this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3776629-trump-says-hed-ban-government-from-labeling-speech-as-misinformation/

Summary: Censorship is bad.  Labeling things as fake or false or misinformation is bad and anyone who does that will be fired, banned, and maybe thrown in jail.  And the federal government will root out anyone who engages in any kind of censorship and make them PAY!

*Says the man who coined the phrase Fake News.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: December 16, 2022, 11:42:59 PM »
Not misinformation.  Alternative facts.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: December 17, 2022, 10:00:18 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: December 17, 2022, 11:51:16 AM »
And they sold out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63995563

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder if that wasn't a money laundering scheme.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10095 on: December 17, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-3-billion-spent-keystone-xl-cant-get-oil-companies-to-sign-on-1498734002

I fuck'n called it.
And Now the OTHER thing we all said would happen.

Fuck'n Called it.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/17/1142675809/cleanup-for-keystone-pipeline-oil-spill-kansas

Summary:
The tar sands are super toxic and a LOT spilled into a nearby creek that basically poisoned the area around said pipeline, like farms.

"In the past, when we've seen the spills happen it impacts the land for years. They not only have to excavate all of the polluted soil, there is a lot of work to be done to make sure that this isn't impacting the root system," she said. "And now all of that precious topsoil, which is critical to agriculture, is now destroyed and will be destroyed forever."

If ONLY someone thought that building a pipeline to funnel toxic oil through America's heartland wasn't such a good idea.  But alas... NO ONE saw this comming.
>_>

Rama Set

« Reply #10096 on: December 17, 2022, 03:45:22 PM »
And they sold out.

The sales raised about $450k which seems like a not worthwhile amount to launder for the company Trump keeps.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: December 18, 2022, 12:20:45 AM »
And they sold out.

The sales raised about $450k which seems like a not worthwhile amount to launder for the company Trump keeps.
They sold 45000 of them at just under $100 each, for nearly $4.5 million. Additionally, they get a 10% commission on every single resale in perpetuity. I have a feeling this was a bigger grift than you are giving it credit for.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: December 18, 2022, 03:13:47 AM »
And they sold out.

They sold 45000 of them at just under $100 each, for nearly $4.5 million. Additionally, they get a 10% commission on every single resale in perpetuity. I have a feeling this was a bigger grift than you are giving it credit for.
Maybe, maybe not.  I doubt that it'll be long before Trump NFTs tank like just about every other NFT.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 03:15:29 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: December 18, 2022, 05:08:25 AM »
And they sold out.

10% commission on every resale?  How does that work?