Ghost of V

Star Wars?
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
Should I watch Star Wars? I haven't seen them since I was a kid. Its massive popularity always turned me off, but I have been browsing some of the Star Wars wikis and I am impressed with the large expanded universe and lore of the series. Are they worth watching? If so, in what order should I watch them?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:18:12 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:08:01 PM »
Please do not confuse the Star Wars Expanded Universe with the Star Wars movies.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
Star Wars movies are classic space romps. Avoid the first 3, and you're good.

Also lol wtf how haven't you seen Star Wars?

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:13:48 PM »
Watch the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy, realise that it was a decent trilogy, then avoid everything else bearing the Star Wars name.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »
Yeah, that's a good point. Anything post VHS versions have minor changes that either don't do much for the movie or are a detriment.

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
Is the newer trilogy really that bad?

Star Wars movies are classic space romps. Avoid the first 3, and you're good.

Also lol wtf how haven't you seen Star Wars?

Shut up, Vinny.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »
Should I watch Star Wars?

Don't do it. I watched Star Wars and now I have IBS.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
Watch Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure. All other Star Wars films are shit.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »
Yeah, that's a good point. Anything post VHS versions have minor changes that either don't do much for the movie or are a detriment.

False, the remastered laser disk versions were amazing!

Also, the Clone Wars animated series was decent.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Rama Set

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 02:40:12 AM »
Watch the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy, realise that it was a decent trilogy, then avoid everything else bearing the Star Wars name.

qft

If you are going to watch the prequels then make sure you follow each viewing with the Red Letter Media reviews so you can find some humor in the train wreck you just subjected yourself to.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:37 AM »
Is the newer trilogy really that bad?

It's basically the story of how a whiny kid grew up to be a whiny adult and then completely changed his life focus to start killing innocent people on a whim based on a few nightmares. Lucas managed to drag this out to three feature-length films.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Ghost of V

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:42 AM »
I've heard how bad they are, but its part of the canon and I will watch it because of that. Grievous was bad ass if I remember correctly.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
I've heard how bad they are, but its part of the canon and I will watch it because of that. Grievous was bad ass if I remember correctly.
If you consider a Jedi killing cyborg (why I don't know) who coughs a lot to be bad ass.
And he dies in a pretty shit way.

Also, watch the clone wars mini series from cartoon network.  Not the nickelodeon one.  Its awesome and fills in so many gaps as well as portray anakin's shift to evil WAY better.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:10 PM »
If you consider a Jedi killing cyborg (why I don't know) who coughs a lot to be bad ass.

Also, watch the clone wars mini series from cartoon network.  Not the nickelodeon one.  Its awesome and fills in so many gaps as well as portray anakin's shift to evil WAY better.

There's a difference between the Clone Wars series on Nick and Cartoon Network? I thought they were the same series, just aired on different networks.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 06:36:59 PM »
The prequels aren't the worst movies ever by any stretch of the imagination, but they're definitely a case of the bad outweighing the good.  From a critical eye, they're actually fascinating to watch, almost as a "what not to do" guide to filmmaking.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
Store Wars
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »

There's a difference between the Clone Wars series on Nick and Cartoon Network? I thought they were the same series, just aired on different networks.
Nope.  The cartoon network one was first.  Its from the same director as Dexter and Samurai Jack.  Its a series of 3 minute episodes.  Watch it. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »
Do I need to watch the movies first?

Is this what I should be watching?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:01:04 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »
Do I need to watch the movies first?
Its set between episode 2 and 3.  So you should watch those two first.

Is this what I should be watching?
Yep.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:32 AM »
8)
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.