Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: ISS 2031
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 06:30:57 PM »
So GoldCashew wants me to get in a boat and be in the vicinity when a million pieces of space shuttle come reigning down with a "fairly big degree of error".

How about I don't volunteer for this suicide mission, thank you?  >:(
Man, I love the RE'er mindset on these things.

"Oh yeah, well, if you actually believe in your worldview, then you'll spend half of your life earnings personally travelling to, quite literally, the most remote place on Earth and risk being killed. If you don't do that, do you truly stand by your convictions?"

You can tell these people never believed in anything in their lives.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2022, 06:54:08 PM »
So GoldCashew wants me to get in a boat and be in the vicinity when a million pieces of space shuttle come reigning down with a "fairly big degree of error".

Man, I love the RE'er mindset on these things.

"Oh yeah, well, if you actually believe in your worldview, then you'll spend half of your life earnings personally travelling to, quite literally, the most remote place on Earth and risk being killed. If you don't do that, do you truly stand by your convictions?"

You can tell these people never believed in anything in their lives.

So, all of those folks who risked their lives centuries ago to explore things beyond Europe never spent their life earnings or risked being killed?  Those folks must not have ever believed in anything.   ::)
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2022, 07:05:54 PM »
So, all of those folks who risked their lives centuries ago to explore things beyond Europe never spent their life earnings or risked being killed?  Those folks must not have ever believed in anything.   ::)
You seem to have somehow read what I said but taken away the exact opposite of what I said. But hey, if you or Cashew personally risked your lives to explore anything (either recently or centuries ago), feel free to let me know. I'll be much less dismissive of your loud demands then.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 07:24:13 PM »
Fair enough.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 07:26:52 PM »
I don't want you to think that here at tfes.org we don't take all your suggestions seriously. So I have conducted a SWOT analysis of your proposal. I hope you can see how I have come to the conclusion that I should probably just stay at home.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:31:14 PM by Dr David Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2022, 07:38:47 PM »
Actually, of the 4 the bottom right is plausible.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2022, 07:40:46 PM »
Actually, of the 4 the bottom right is plausible.
My thoughts exactly. I think we should probably end this thread here. We'll chalk this up as another win for the flat earth society.

OK, everybody out. Show's over.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2022, 08:14:51 PM »
If NASA is saying that this event will happen in 2031, why not simply prepare for that event so that when said event is "supposed" to happen, than the FE community could use observation to disprove such an event?

Also
It's pretty obvious why they picked a remote point - there will be a fairly big degree of error with an unpowered object falling through the atmosphere.

Why are you assuming that the only method of observation would involve getting in a boat and being in the vicinity?

Also, why are you referencing the Space Shuttle? That program ended in 2011 I believe. This is a discussion about the ISS.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2022, 08:23:53 PM »
Why are you assuming that the only method of observation would involve getting in a boat and being in the vicinity?
Because it is a very long swim.

Also, why are you referencing the Space Shuttle? That program ended in 2011 I believe. This is a discussion about the ISS.
I meant space station. Are you perfect? No. you don't even know what shape the earth is.  >:(

Also, can't you read?
I think we should probably end this thread here.
This dead horse has been flogged enough.

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2022, 09:03:13 PM »
Because it is a very long swim.

I meant space station. Are you perfect? No. you don't even know what shape the earth is.  >:(

Also, can't you read?
I think we should probably end this thread here.
This dead horse has been flogged enough.

The following are answers to your comments and inquiries:

1) You wouldn't need to be on a boat or swim to the vicinity to make an observation about the ISS breaking up.
2) No, I am not perfect, and neither are you. So, therefor you might be mistaken of the Earth being flat or the notion of a space travel conspiracy.
3) Yes, I can read, which is why I caught your error when you incorrectly referenced the Space Shuttle vs. the ISS.
4) Yes, we know what shape the Earth is. It is a sphere because it has been observed to have both curvature and be a sphere.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2022, 09:20:06 PM »
Obviously I was being a little facetious.
But.
There’s a LOT of space exploration activity going on by multiple countries all the time. A lot of FE people who think it’s all fake seem to just put it all in a “it’s all fake so try not to think about it too much” bucket. Always feels a bit lazy. Every mission and launch is an opportunity for investigation. People who were sincerely seeking the truth would put a bit more effort in, I reckon.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2022, 09:22:54 PM »
P'oh! Many people wouldn't get away with that, you know.

People who were sincerely seeking the truth would put a bit more effort in, I reckon.
Okay, give me an idea of what effort you expect us to be putting in 9 years in advance of an event outside of our control.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2022, 10:20:44 PM »
P'oh! Many people wouldn't get away with that, you know.

People who were sincerely seeking the truth would put a bit more effort in, I reckon.
Okay, give me an idea of what effort you expect us to be putting in 9 years in advance of an event outside of our control.

Start a GoFundMe account.  That seems to be what everyone else does.  Or perhaps Thork could advertise donating some percentage of his OnlyFans money.  That should get some bucks rolling in.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2022, 10:27:04 PM »
Start a GoFundMe account.
Yes, this is a realistic plan that will work. Gosh, I think I preferred it when you were comparing yourself to explorers from centuries ago.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2022, 10:33:52 PM »
Start a GoFundMe account.
Yes, this is a realistic plan that will work. Gosh, I think I preferred it when you were comparing yourself to explorers from centuries ago.

Isn't it the FE folks who proclaim to have millions of adherents worldwide.  A simple $1 donation and you have millions to charter a vessel to witness the nothing first hand.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2022, 10:34:42 PM »
Isn't it the FE folks who proclaim to have millions of adherents worldwide.  A simple $1 donation and you have millions to charter a vessel to witness the nothing first hand.
You seem to have an extremely detached idea of how fundraisers work. Again, you were better off comparing yourself to the explorers of yore.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2022, 10:47:24 PM »
You seem to have an extremely detached idea of how fundraisers work. Again, you were better off comparing yourself to the explorers of yore.

Yeah, you'd likely have trouble gaining trust with any kind of FE fundraising

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/9/26/16369890/bob-flat-earth-satellite-gofundme-scam-crowdfunding-conspiracy

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2022, 12:25:38 AM »
You understand you can observe the ISS from the ground, right? You can see it with the naked eye exactly where and when it's said to be appearing and with some not that expensive equipment you can see the shape of it.
Oh, I can see their projections on the firmament, no problem at all.

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't just crash it on to a school or something either.
The earth is a big place. I'm sure the options aren't

1) Furthest place from any human likely to observe the death spiral
2) On a school

The US is currently at war with Syria. Why not hit a military installation with it? Would be a hell of a boost for the US troops.

If you believe that the ISS is a projection on the firmament (as you mention above), than over the next 9 years the FE community could form a game plan and execute a game plan to search for and prove the existence of such a projection station or projection stations.

If I were a FE'er and believed that the ISS was a projection onto the firmament, these are some questions I might ask to then go after:

- Is the fake ISS projection coming from a single projection device or multiple projection devices?
- If multiple projection devices, how do they work in concert with each other so seamlessly without multiple projections being layered on top of each other?
- Where might the projection station(s) be located? Take pictures of said projection station(s) as evidence.

Another idea:
- Consider working within the FE community to start a 7-8 year fundraising campaign to raise money to design and create a drone platform with 360 cameras (if I understand FE claims from previous postings, there may be 10's of millions of flat earth believers). Place said drone platform with cameras in the vicinity of where NASA says the ISS impact is to occur. If drone platform records debris impact than that would be consistent with what NASA is saying would have happened. If no impact is recorded, than FE can claim the ISS was indeed nothing more than a hoax.

(The design and creation of drone platform could be managed through various stage gate phases, from initial concept to full feasibility and could include various prototyping phases to refine and tune the design) 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:36:01 AM by GoldCashew »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
I can see their projections on the firmament

You say you CAN, but how many times have you actually DONE this?

Have you actually watched this "projection" at any time?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2022, 10:13:26 PM »
Well ok, this particular event might be difficult to observe because of its remoteness.
But there are launches and landings all the time which you can witness, there are ISS transits.
Heck, with a bit of effort you can try contacting them:

https://www.ariss.org/contact-the-iss.html

This might not be the reality, but from the outside it just feels like all space travel - both manned and unmanned - is put in a box marked "FAKE!" without any ongoing investigation. I posted a thread some time back with some CGI experts looked at some of the Apollo footage and basically came to the conclusion that it would have been nigh on impossible to fake at the time. If I recall correctly it was basically ignored by the FE people on here. These are actual subject matter experts, aren't their thoughts relevant? I'd suggest the space programmes in multiple countries and technologies like GPS are not compatible with a FE (I think you dispute this although I'm never clear how you reconcile this). So I would have thought some ongoing investigation into this is worthy of some time, if you are genuinely interested in the truth.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"