Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Branson to go only 55 miles up !
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2021, 04:46:42 PM »
Looks like Bezos just made it up to the Karman line and is currently plummeting back to Earth.
I didn't watch it live, but I saw the replay of the live stream they had on YouTube.

I am going to need to watch it again and make note of the graphics on display.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2021, 04:52:41 PM »
Looks like Bezos just made it up to the Karman line and is currently plummeting back to Earth.

Yes another parabolic flight, except this looks much more authentic in a capsule that shoots up to high altitude, then the engines stop, the capsule is separated and continues decelerating up for a short time with no more engine thrust and then starts falling back towards the ground while they experience perceived weightlessness inside. They can pass the Karman line all they like and call it what-ever they choose to, but it's not really space.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:54:29 PM by pjcnet »

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2021, 05:08:55 PM »

Yes another parabolic flight, except this looks much more authentic in a capsule that shoots up to high altitude, then the engines stop, the capsule is separated and continues decelerating up for a short time with no more engine thrust and then starts falling back towards the ground while they experience perceived weightlessness inside. They can pass the Karman line all they like and call it what-ever they choose to, but it's not really space.
Where exactly is "really space" then?

hvanmunster

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2021, 11:54:05 AM »
According to the FE wiki pages, the Sun and the Moon are approx. 3000 miles above the Earth and the dome is beyond the Sun & Moon. So this amateur rocket can not ´hit´ the dome at a mere 73 miles of altitude. Otherwise the Sun, Moon and stars would be outside of the dome.

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2021, 02:12:35 PM »
According to the FE wiki pages, the Sun and the Moon are approx. 3000 miles above the Earth and the dome is beyond the Sun & Moon. So this amateur rocket can not ´hit´ the dome at a mere 73 miles of altitude. Otherwise the Sun, Moon and stars would be outside of the dome.

I have to agree on that one and 73 miles up would barely be visible above the ground on a scale where we could see the entire flat disk. I would suggest the firmament is likely much higher, quite a few thousand miles up, although it's possible there's something else at around 73 miles up too.

Flat Earthers agree the Earth is flat (apart from mountains and valleys) with no curvature, E.g. we don't live on a globe as officially portrayed, other things regarding the nature of the realm are still up for debate.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2021, 11:01:32 PM »
The ISS or the Space Shuttle didn't have larger windows.

So you agree that the ISS and Shuttle have both been to space? Really?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
The ISS or the Space Shuttle didn't have larger windows.

So you agree that the ISS and Shuttle have both been to space? Really?
Funny, but agreeing that things have been occupying an area above the heads of humanity for a long time wouldn't cause the response "really?" from most thinking people.

But for clarification, since RE has only a subjective view concerning what constitutes space, they cannot even claim certainty on this either.

hvanmunster

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Whether or not Bezos or Branson officiaaly reached space doen´t actually matter. What´s important  is that they went high enough to clearly see the curvature of the Earrh.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2021, 04:40:43 AM »
Whether or not Bezos or Branson officiaaly reached space doen´t actually matter. What´s important  is that they went high enough to clearly see the curvature of the Earrh.

If they are lying about going to space, why suddenly trust them when they say the earth is a ball?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2021, 04:53:22 AM »
Bahahahahaahaha! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57950149

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
Bah. I literally came on here to post this.
Who gets up at 5am to post stuff like this on here?!

Anyway, well done Thork. I mean, they still both saw the globe earth but you’re the real winner here.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2021, 06:36:48 AM »
The early bird catches the worm. Also I had an inkling that somebody was wrong about something on the internet, and sure enough Xasop had replied to one of my posts.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2021, 06:51:28 AM »
From that article:

To qualify as commercial astronauts, space-goers must travel 50 miles (80km) above the Earth's surface, which both Mr Bezos and Mr Branson accomplished.

But altitude aside, the agency says would-be astronauts must have also "demonstrated activities during flight that were essential to public safety, or contributed to human space flight safety".

So you got them on a technicality. Well done. But your original claim was that they didn’t go high enough to claim they were in space. That remains false, according to the FAA at least.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2021, 07:02:13 AM »
The FAA know as we all do that this is a very 'cheap' claim from these billionaires who have trawled for the lowest bar possible and want to hand out the accolade of astronaut to anyone who pays up.

Now that's not really what NASA et al want. They want you to think astronauts are brave. And so when men were in rocket aircraft in the 1960s breaking speed and altitude records, they wanted to give them something for that. Little astronaut wings. But just sitting on a small private aircraft to receive the same honour cheapens it.

So they've got them on "You just sat there and did nothing". I'm sure they'd like to get them on "You're not in space" but then they have to remove the honours they handed out to men who actually deserved them.

But the thing about truth is that the FAAs or NASAs version of it is neither here nor there. At 85km ... Branson is still in the territory of clouds. I don't care what NASA say, you don't get clouds in space.

Will be interesting to see if the pilots of Branson's aircraft get given astronaut wings because they weren't sat there doing nothing. That would put Branson's nose right out of joint.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:07:54 AM by Toddler Thork »

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »
The FAA know as we all do that this is a very 'cheap' claim from these billionaires who have trawled for the lowest bar possible and want to hand out the accolade of astronaut to anyone who pays up.

Now that's not really what NASA et al want. They want you to think astronauts are brave. And so when men were in rocket aircraft in the 1960s breaking speed and altitude records, they wanted to give them something for that. Little astronaut wings. But just sitting on a small private aircraft to receive the same honour cheapens it.

So they've got them on "You just sat there and did nothing". I'm sure they'd like to get them on "You're not in space" but then they have to remove the honours they handed out to men who actually deserved them.

But the thing about truth is that the FAAs or NASAs version of it is neither here nor there. At 85km ... Branson is still in the territory of clouds. I don't care what NASA say, you don't get clouds in space.

Will be interesting to see if the pilots of Branson's aircraft get given astronaut wings because they weren't sat there doing nothing. That would put Branson's nose right out of joint.
For the record, no, they didn't "get given" astronaut wings following this flight. 

In fact, they didn't "get given" anything following this flight.  Dave Mackay and Michael Masucci both already earned their FAA accredited astronaut wings as test pilots of VSS Unity in 2019. 

And 100%, in my opinion, Sir Richard and the other passengers have been to space, but have not earned anything. 

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »
And 100%, in my opinion, Sir Richard and the other passengers have been to space, but have not earned anything.
100%? That's incredibly sure of something. I'm not even 100% sure we even exist and I'm not really one for weird thought experiments.

So you think that there are clouds in space then?

Its not just me. Even Jeff Bezos doesn't think Branson got into space + Branson gets an asterix by his name. 100%? Are you sure you don't want to rein that in a bit? The guy used an aircraft and flew there. You can't fly to space using wings. It is preposterous.

https://www.businessinsider.com/blue-origin-says-branson-space-flight-wont-count-2021-7?r=US&IR=T
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 10:11:09 AM by Toddler Thork »

hvanmunster

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »

If they are lying about going to space, why suddenly trust them when they say the earth is a ball?

Nobody doubts the measurable facts: how high they went, which device they used to get there, how this device was operated (automatic pilot or not), etc...
For the FE debate it does not matter whether they can be called astronauts or not. That´s another debate in which I´m not interested. What matters to determine the shape of the Earth is that the footage of these 2 events clearly show a  curved horizon. These facts are undisputable.
For decades NASA, ESA, ROSKOSMOS,CNSA etc and all the corresponding governements have been accused by FE adherents of fakery. I sure hope commercial businesses won´t be added to that list. Soon the whole world will be full of liars if we want to believe FE adherents.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »
No, they didn't.

When will people stop making this ridiculous claim?

But go ahead.

Post the math supporting your claim.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2021, 11:00:39 AM »
Bah. I literally came on here to post this.

Anyway, well done Thork. I mean, they still both saw the globe earth but you’re the real winner here.
No, they didn't.

Post your math supporting this outrageous claim.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2021, 11:03:19 AM »

Nobody doubts the measurable facts: how high they went, which device they used to get there, how this device was operated (automatic pilot or not), etc...
For the FE debate it does not matter whether they can be called astronauts or not. That´s another debate in which I´m not interested. What matters to determine the shape of the Earth is that the footage of these 2 events clearly show a  curved horizon. These facts are undisputable.
For decades NASA, ESA, ROSKOSMOS,CNSA etc and all the corresponding governements have been accused by FE adherents of fakery. I sure hope commercial businesses won´t be added to that list. Soon the whole world will be full of liars if we want to believe FE adherents.
Easy enough to get a curve out of a camera lens.

Plenty of other photos indicating a flat horizon.