devils advocate

Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
Do you mind if I ask you if you believe in the literal truth of the bible

Yes I do,

And that's why I believe the earth is flat, but I just said that didn't I.

Hi Dither, thanks for the response  :)

I guess that answers a lot then about why Christians are so happy! I just read the story of Noah and when taken literally it is surely proof of Gods great power. For Noah to travel to every nation on earth and collect a breeding pair of each animal, transport them all back to the arc, along with enough food to sustain them must have taken years! Just think about you now travelling to Africa and just bringing back a pair of Rhino's and enough vegetation to walk/sail them back home, it's amazing!

When we look at the billions of species of insect alone it's a staggering feat. Now take into account that some creatures live in extreme cold and others in extreme heat and yet God was able to provide suitable transport and accommodation for them all, and then add that carnivores would need their food animals to eat thus a lot of animals would have had to have been collected in greater quantities than just the pair.

Then there's the building of an enormous boat. Seriously huge to contain all the animals, the animals food (and the food animals food too). Some construction! The fact that it was done as well as travelling the entire planet accompanied by a huge collection of creatures means Noah must have been very quick! And then the tree's. The modern environment of the biblical area of the middle east is not thought to be vastly different to how it was 5,000 or so years ago. The sheer volume of wood required to make such a huge craft is almost as staggering as the number of creatures it held!

If God can help man achieve that then there really is no limit to what could be accomplished!

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
A disturbing new poll shows that a full 19 percent of (atheistic / pagan / Secular) college students think that it is acceptable to
use violence to disrupt a speaker who is saying "offensive and hurtful" things on campus ........... really ??

Rather than violence, they should back their positions with reason and logic .... as most normal folks do ... ya think ??

trending toward One World Governance
trending toward The Mark of the Beast
trending toward False Teachers and False Christs
event The Confirmation of the Covenant
trending toward Apostate/false Christianity
trending toward Persecution of Christians and Jews
trending toward Earthquakes / diseases and natural disasters
trending toward Signs in the Heavens
trending toward Rampant cultural / sexual perversion
event The building and commencement of a new Jewish Temple
trending toward Wars and Rumors of Wars / violence will fill the Earth
trending toward The Euphrates River War .... Revelation 9
trending toward All Nations gathering against Israel
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:00:00 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
For Noah to travel to every nation on earth and collect a breeding pair of each animal, transport them all back to the arc, along with enough food to sustain them must have taken years!

There are Deluge (ARK) mythologies in many ancient cultures.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

Same thing with a domed flat earth, also in ancient cultures.

As for the Ark, God called the animals so no need to collect them, as for insects, everything that has the breath of life was destroyed so I'm guessing insects and fish don't count. I could go more into this but I think I'll stop now.
You won't convince a Christian who believes in YEC with those arguments because they have answers for them.

In some sense faith in God can seem irrational because no one can know everything.

But its way more irrational to believe that everything came from nothing. And scientists who deny God's existence are not trusting in empirical science because the Creation ""SCREAMS"" that God exists and they simply choose to ignore all evidence and believe a lie.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
^^^^^
... you got that one right :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:10:23 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

devils advocate

« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2017, 09:23:32 PM »
For Noah to travel to every nation on earth and collect a breeding pair of each animal, transport them all back to the arc, along with enough food to sustain them must have taken years!

There are Deluge (ARK) mythologies in many ancient cultures.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

Same thing with a domed flat earth, also in ancient cultures.

As for the Ark, God called the animals so no need to collect them, as for insects, everything that has the breath of life was destroyed so I'm guessing insects and fish don't count. I could go more into this but I think I'll stop now.
You won't convince a Christian who believes in YEC with those arguments because they have answers for them.

In some sense faith in God can seem irrational because no one can know everything.

But its way more irrational to believe that everything came from nothing. And scientists who deny God's existence are not trusting in empirical science because the Creation ""SCREAMS"" that God exists and they simply choose to ignore all evidence and believe a lie.

Thanks for your reply Dither

I never thought I could change a believers mind, I just appreciate how happy and at peace you could be from knowing that this event occurred. I envy you.

devils advocate

« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
A disturbing new poll shows that a full 19 percent of (atheistic / pagan / Secular) college students think that it is acceptable to
use violence to disrupt a speaker who is saying "offensive and hurtful" things on campus ........... really ??

Rather than violence, they should back their positions with reason and logic .... as most normal folks do ... ya think ??

trending toward One World Governance
trending toward The Mark of the Beast
trending toward False Teachers and False Christs
event The Confirmation of the Covenant
trending toward Apostate/false Christianity
trending toward Persecution of Christians and Jews
trending toward Earthquakes / diseases and natural disasters
trending toward Signs in the Heavens
trending toward Rampant cultural / sexual perversion
event The building and commencement of a new Jewish Temple
trending toward Wars and Rumors of Wars / violence will fill the Earth
trending toward The Euphrates River War .... Revelation 9
trending toward All Nations gathering against Israel

Dear Boodidlie

I am sorry but I don't understand what your posts are contributing here to my questions so I assume you are not posting in response to me. I hope you are at peace

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »
I assume you are not posting in response to me ... you are correct, I'm not ...... and indeed that peace with God brings the peace of God
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:05:02 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »
I just appreciate how happy and at peace you could be from knowing that this event occurred. I envy you.

Thanks again DA
I'm the last person you should be envious of though.

You seem to be suggesting that ignorance is bliss for Christians, this isn't true.
There's plenty of fears and sorrows in this life, I just yelled at one of my workmates and had to apologise.
I'm not that nice a guy, I can be a pretty rude stubborn bastard actually, (not that peaceful)

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/if-you-don-t-hate-your-father-you-cannot-be-my-disciple

Thanks anyway for all the nice complements. :)

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

devils advocate

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2017, 07:51:32 AM »
I just appreciate how happy and at peace you could be from knowing that this event occurred. I envy you.

Thanks again DA
I'm the last person you should be envious of though.

You seem to be suggesting that ignorance is bliss for Christians, this isn't true.

Hi Dither

Sorry no I  didn't mean ignorance is bliss for you at all, I don't see how you have ignorance at all as you have answered all my questions, I am the one who is asking after all thus if anyone has ignorance it is me!

I mean envious as you have the knowledge/faith of the God who makes these miracles happen which must be safe feeling.

Thanks for your help with my ignorance  :)

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2017, 04:21:46 AM »
here we go again ..... Las-Vegas = another atheist goes on a rampage ..... No Religion= Peace ?? < not so much

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:25:55 AM by Boodidlie »

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2017, 05:13:02 AM »
another atheist goes on a rampage .....

I'm hearing conflicting accounts about what this guy actually believed.

It's just weird, only motive I can see so far is the suggestion by the media for tighter gun laws because anyone can go on a psychotic rampage at any time.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2017, 06:15:49 AM »
another atheist goes on a rampage .....

I'm hearing conflicting accounts about what this guy actually believed.

It's just weird, only motive I can see so far is the suggestion by the media for tighter gun laws because anyone can go on a psychotic rampage at any time.
It's because no one actually knows.  The guy doesn't have enough of a digital footprint and people are still getting interviews done.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
I'm hearing conflicting accounts about what this guy actually believed

well ... we know what he did NOT believe .... what every Christian believes ... thou shalt not kill

Rama Set

« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »
I'm hearing conflicting accounts about what this guy actually believed

well ... we know what he did NOT believe .... what every Christian believes ... thou shalt not kill

So when, a Christian president goes in to Iraq and kills 100,000s of people, he is upholding that commandment?  Or is this a "no true Christian" fallacy?

The LRA is a Christian army that uses children to commit massacres. There are bad people everywhere and they use all sorts of beliefs to justify it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:12:34 PM by Rama Set »

Hmmm

« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »
This is just my opinion!

I think, it's obvious: any religion is garbage, that was made by the true controllers of the world(fallen angels, "satan's workers", illuminati, freemasons, etc) to exploit us and keep us enslaved in satan's system, that ceases any artifacts of love(in a non-sexual way) and care that's left in people to a minimum.
The bible, or any book, scripture of any religion, is filled with both lies and truth bounded together. You can't trust it 100% without critical thinking and relying on real world observations.
There shouldn't be churches, but any other alternatives, that don't involve rituals, "energy capacitance and transmission or careless group praying, which just "make you look at the time in your smartphone all the time".
But the faith and belief in god, and loving the god - is important.
It's important to believe in good in this world and in helpfulness and good within people, justice and love - as, whether you believe me or not, our genuine wishes, intents, deep faith matter in this reality.
So removing religion from our lives won't make a world better place, because we're being corrupted, destructive and rivaling in most of the aspects of our daily lives.
And, i think, there are beings(you can call them "demon possessed" or "djinns", "reptilians"), that hide under human cloaks like chameleons, which won't let us completely stop by direct means the wars and destruction.

I know, that i'm contradicting with myself, but i try to support both my belief and the christian belief.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:13:13 AM by Hmmm »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2017, 10:40:22 PM »
I believe Rama Set would rather be speaking German or Japanese

everyone who hates his brother is a murderer .. and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him ...... 1 John 3:15

The LRA is a Christian army

there is no such thing as a "christian army" ...... God doesn't save armys ... God saves individuals

So when "Christian president" Obama goes in to Iraq and kills 100,000s of ISIS fighters, he is upholding that commandment?  Or is this a "no true Christian" fallacy?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:10:12 PM by Boodidlie »

Rama Set

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2017, 01:34:39 AM »
I believe Rama Set would rather be speaking German or Japanese

Hm?

everyone who hates his brother is a murderer .. and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him ...... 1 John 3:15

What?

The LRA is a Christian army

there is no such thing as a "christian army" ...... God doesn't save armys ... God saves individuals

A "no true Christian" fallacy then.

So when "Christian president" Obama goes in to Iraq and kills 100,000s of ISIS fighters, he is upholding that commandment?  Or is this a "no true Christian" fallacy?

Wow, you really can't deal with this challenge can you? 

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »
The LRA is a Christian army that uses children to commit massacres

Biblical Christianity dictates that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (of the flesh / of human sources)

for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh .. but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses .... II Cor 10:4

therefore your accusation is obsolete .... however I'm wondering if YOU (Rama) believe abortion is not murder and justified
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:03:21 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
while we are quoting;

Deuteronomy 7:1-2    When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
20:10-17    When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
     However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »
PS: the scripture you quote is not Christian instruction .... a little out of dispensation and context

I'm wondering if YOU (Jura) believe that the abortion of innocent Human life is not murder and justified

still waiting for Rama's answer to this

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:17:41 PM by Boodidlie »