• View Profile
Re: First Look at Ben Affleck's Batman
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
What? That looks acceptable.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
His outfit looks acceptable especially considering that this is an early years Batman, at least I'm assuming that is the case.

But the suit is not the actor.

Hopefully they'll tie in Dare Devil as well and explain how he can be both at the same time.  ???

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:56 PM »
:-\

At least he's not an anachronism.

I...kind of like it. Reminds me of Frank Miller's.

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »
Except Ben Affleck's Batman is not 55 years old.

Even though this movie should be based on The Dark Knight Returns, but it isn't. This is just some BS the writers are pulling out of their ass and showcases the first time Batman and Superman run into each other. Is Batman even going to be a main character in this film? I doubt it considering it's tentatively titled "Man of Steel sequel" right now..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:50:06 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
His outfit looks acceptable especially considering that this is an early years Batman, at least I'm assuming that is the case.

Hopefully they'll tie in Dare Devil as well and explain how he can be both at the same time.  ???
Why would they? Daredevil is a Marvel character.

Also, Frank Miller can't draw for shit.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »

Nope.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

Even though this movie should be based on The Dark Knight Returns, but it isn't. This is just some BS the writers are pulling out of their ass and showcases the first time Batman and Superman run into each other. Is Batman even going to be a main character in this film? I doubt it considering it's tentatively titled "Man of Steel sequel" right now..

Wikipedia lists it as "Untitled Batman/Superman" and IMDB has it as "Batman vs Superman".

I think I read somewhere that they were drawing Batmans aesthetic from DKR, and I can see that, just, as you said...a touch younger.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »

Nope.
pls
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »

Nope.
pls

How do you explain this official artwork?

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »

Also, Frank Miller can't draw for shit.

I like Miller's illustrations a lot. Very unique. I'd much rather this

than something like
The former just has so much more character to me.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »
trol harder vauxy
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »

Wikipedia lists it as "Untitled Batman/Superman" and IMDB has it as "Batman vs Superman".

I think I read somewhere that they were drawing Batmans aesthetic from DKR, and I can see that, just, as you said...a touch younger.

Yes, but it is a sequel to Man of Steel and is part of a Superman triology directed by Zack Synder. Superman will be the main focus of the film. I think it was actually titled "Man of Steel 2" at some point. I think they just changed the title to generate hype.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »
They're obviously heading towards a Justice League movie.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 06:09:07 PM »
Hopefully they'll retcon Daredevil into the Justice League.

They could do this easily by introducing some sort of dimensional portal that jumps between different universes. ala Mortal Kombat vs DC Unvierse.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
They're obviously heading towards a Justice League movie.

Justice League is already listed as being worked on by Snyder.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »

Yes, but it is a sequel to Man of Steel and is part of a Superman triology directed by Zack Synder. Superman will be the main focus of the film. I think it was actually titled "Man of Steel 2" at some point. I think they just changed the title to generate hype.

I'm still not sold on Batfleck. Wish they'd just get no-name actors that look the part more.

Ghost of V

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »
I don't know. Affleck kinda looks like a Bruce Wayne. Is it just me?

I want to hear his Batman voice.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:19:22 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
I don't know. Affleck kinda looks like a Bruce Wayne. Is it just me?

No, he does.

Its just...all I see is his character from Good Will Hunting when I look at him. I think Keaton played the best Batman, imo. But Bale was probably the better Bruce Wayne. Affleck does look like a billionaire playboy. But he doesn't look a billionaire playboy turned grievous vigilante cloaked in darkness. Bale did, though.