Re: For the love of all that is holy, read this.
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
Hey, with a true flat earth, there must be light across the entire surface at one time.  It cannot be light here, and dark there.  Go ahead, shine a light from a single source onto a piece of paper.  it lights the entire surface.  If the earth is flat, how can it possibly be light here and dark there. To prove my theory I call them at noon, (them being 12 hours different) and yet they claim it's dark.  Ergo, the earth is round, or Australians are liars.  This entire site is dedicated to the earth being flat, so Aussies are liars.  Cant be any simpler.
Alternatively, you haven't read up on the 'spotlight' idea that has been put forth, that limits how much of the flat Earth the sun affects at one time. It's not hard to understand. Believable is another matter imo, but the idea is relatively simple. Please start your journey into FET here before using issues explained in the wiki to attempt to claim FET doesn't work, or that an entire country is lying to you. Feel free to discuss or debate the accuracy of said points, but when the wiki already covers why your claim isn't true, it's not a good start for your point.

So, not only is the earth flat, the light emitting from the sun isn't omnidirectional? The sun acts like a spotlight?  Come on, even the logo of the FES shines a light on this fallacy. The logo shows the entire "disc" lighted at once.

I'm sorry, I can be taught things that I don't understand, but I can't be taught things that can't be understood.
I'm just relaying the information presented. Feel free to create a topic/thread to discuss this, but I highly suggest reading through what the wiki has to say about it first, because if you try and use something already explained there as proof or evidence, you'll likely just be directed there.
Animation of day/night cycle on a FE as given in the wiki

Re: For the love of all that is holy, read this.
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2017, 02:33:04 AM »

..... you're messing with me now right? You're really going to say EVERY PERSON, in an entire country is a lier? Farthermore, and I have brought this up multiple times... WHY DO ALL OF THE BALLOONS APPEAR TO BE LAUNCHED FROM THE CENTER OF THE EARTH? no one will even touch this. Why can we not see this ice wall from 90,000 km in the air?!?! Saying every single man woman and child in Australia is a lier.... that just.... I don't even know what to do with that, you're hopeless.

Hey, with a true flat earth, there must be light across the entire surface at one time.  It cannot be light here, and dark there.  Go ahead, shine a light from a single source onto a piece of paper.  it lights the entire surface.  If the earth is flat, how can it possibly be light here and dark there. To prove my theory I call them at noon, (them being 12 hours different) and yet they claim it's dark.  Ergo, the earth is round, or Australians are liars.  This entire site is dedicated to the earth being flat, so Aussies are liars.  Cant be any simpler.
[/quote]

I agree the earth is round, but you have to take into consideration of the fact that the globe rotates on a pivot, that's why southern hemisphere has opposite seasons as us. People in Australia are not lying to us lol