Offline Dovenchiko

• Believer in sound logic.
    • View Profile
Gyroscopes
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »
How do continuously spinning objects such as gyroscopes tilt as the day passes? Round earth explains this because the earth spins on its axis and the gyroscope would always point in the same direction in space.

JohnAdams1145

Re: Gyroscopes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »
This is the same effect as the Foucault pendulum (I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Tom Bishop explains it on the wiki by invoking the "gravitation" of stars many light-years away. Whether you choose to believe him or not is up to you.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:12:29 AM »
This is the same effect as the Foucault pendulum (I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Tom Bishop explains it on the wiki by invoking the "gravitation" of stars many light-years away. Whether you choose to believe him or not is up to you.

The stars are not light years away in FET.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:38:36 AM »
JohnAdams1145, can you please stop trying to explain FET to newcomers? Your own understanding of it is extremely rudimentary and, in many places, outright incorrect. You are not helping anyone by spreading your misconceptions.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »

They are the distance they are regardless of theory.  Please provide your proof here, not with a link.

Offline Dovenchiko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »

Foucault pendulum is a pendulum that proves the earth rotates because the force of the earth rotating does not act upon the pendulum thus it swings in the same direction relative to space. However, gyro's stay in the same orientation relative to space because it adds up the two forces (inertia and the earth's rotation). This difference can be seen at the equator, the Foucault pendulum would swing in the same path relative to earth because no rotational force would be applied to the pendulum so it would continue to follow its original path. However, the gyroscope would continue to tilt relative to earth but not relative to space.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 12:58:39 AM »
However, you could still get the same result from what Tom is describing as far as a gravitational pull from a distant object.
Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."

Offline Dovenchiko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 03:39:54 AM »
However, you could still get the same result from what Tom is describing as far as a gravitational pull from a distant object.

That would seem to be the solution for most areas on earth but it still does not describe the gyroscope's tendency to point straight up and down relative to earth and space on the north or south poles even though hours pass by.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 06:00:32 AM »

That would seem to be the solution for most areas on earth but it still does not describe the gyroscope's tendency to point straight up and down relative to earth and space on the north or south poles even though hours pass by.
Well Celestial Gravitation in the FE hypothesis IS typified by the North and South celestial gear systems rotating against one another. Thus how we have the North and South celestial poles. So the gravitational effect of being at the center of rotation of the systems above would do the same thing.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 08:15:17 AM »

I've also seen on the wiki that gravity exists in a very diminished way as to what is commonly taught.
So, physics (and maths) please! Please show the gravitational pull of stars. Also, wouldn't the pull equate to 0 as stars are everywhere and their vectors would cancel out?

Offline PickYerPoison

• Poor Earth-chan. It's not her fault she's flat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »

JohnAdams1145, can you please stop trying to explain FET to newcomers? Your own understanding of it is extremely rudimentary and, in many places, outright incorrect. You are not helping anyone by spreading your misconceptions.

I don't suppose either of you could answer the question as long as you're here?
Remember that "The truth is out there" as long as you are willing to look!

Offline Dovenchiko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »

Well Celestial Gravitation in the FE hypothesis IS typified by the North and South celestial gear systems rotating against one another. Thus how we have the North and South celestial poles. So the gravitational effect of being at the center of rotation of the systems above would do the same thing.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am having a difficult time picturing it, but in a round earth setting gyros would point in the same direction if you were to fly or travel starting at one that pointed up and not have to change your course at all, and would be parallel to a line of latitude. However, if you were to walk on a straight path on a plane, and the gyros were being attracted by something rotating around the poles then there would be circles of gyroscopes all pointing tangent to those circles, therefore, the gyroscopes would appear as they were slowly becoming perpendicular to you until you reach the ice wall.

It would be helpful if someone would post a picture of what it would look like. If someone does it would be helpful to have the Celestial pole rotation, what the lines of latitude would look like, how the gyros would be attracted to this force and any other thing that would be relevant to this topic.