The shoot down of MH17
« on: July 18, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
I'm sure most of you have heard by now that a Malaysian Airlines flight (yes, another) has been lost over Ukraine to a Buk missile platform most likely in control of separatists, resulting in 298 deaths. This has been backed up with alleged recordings published by the Ukrainian government, posts on social media by the separatists involved in the shoot down, and images taken by civilians of the Buk platform in nearby towns shortly before the shoot down. It is now apparent that the culprit was Igor Girkin, a commander in the separatist forces. The question of where they acquired this missile platform and who actually operated it remains, but it is likely Russia is involved in the answer.

This whole event has me dismayed and angry. Not only because we lost 298 innocents, but because of (now emerging) details regarding a number of passengers being AIDS researchers on their way to an AIDS conference in Melbourne. To think that a bunch of yahoo's in eastern Ukraine not only got their hands on some top tier military equipment, but in choosing to use it didn't bother checking their target, its flight path, or corroborating with external radar sites is absolutely infuriating. I hope the US, or NATO, take serious action with this, and push to bring these idiots to justice. Economic sanctions, no matter how harsh, are not justice for something Russia may not have even had a hand in.

The separatists currently control the crash site and have a number of important objects, such as the flight data recorder or 'black box' in their possession.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:08:39 AM by Vindictus »

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
Re: The shoot down of MH17
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »
Is this the same flight where that kid posted a picture of the plane before takeoff saying "This is what it looks like if it disappears"?
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
Never going to fly any malaysia airlines flight.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
Never going to fly any malaysia airlines flight.
That is what this year has taught me.

We have an office in Malaysia. The CEO sent out a touching email this morning about it. I think he actually flew out there to met with them which seems terrifying to me.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 04:15:31 PM »
Obama is on TV. He's the most orange looking black man I have ever seen. Has he been on the sunbeds to appeal to the black vote?

Our news is full of American opinion. What has it got to do with the USA? We haven't even heard from the Dutch yet but American's keep crawling out from under their rocks to make veiled threats and to stir up even more trouble. Hurry up and call in the debt, China. America's mouth could use a rest.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
America has already told Russia to stay out of Ukraine, but Russia has been allegedly arming the separatists. The separatists are responsible for this, this Russia has some responsibility by extension.  American interest right there.

Ghost of V

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »
Somewhat suspicious. This is the second Malaysian Airlines incident this year, no? Perhaps they are perpetrating these disasters themselves for insurance money? All those people are probably fine. Has anyone checked to see if the bodies were plastic or not?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:11 PM »
This is the second Malaysian Airlines incident this year, no?

One airline having two incidents in a year?  What are the odds of that?  Ha!  Nice try, NWO, but you can't fool us!

Thork

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »
America has already told Russia to stay out of Ukraine, but Russia has been allegedly arming the separatists. The separatists are responsible for this, this Russia has some responsibility by extension.  American interest right there.
Does Russia tell the USA to stop all the drug running in Mexico, or does Russia mind its own business? The US is only bothered because it has weapons systems sat in Ukraine pointed at Russia. The US are in the wrong. Russian actions are entirely understandable. It is the US that is over reaching again.

Ghost of V

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
This is the second Malaysian Airlines incident this year, no?

One airline having two incidents in a year?  What are the odds of that?  Ha!  Nice try, NWO, but you can't fool us!

You're right. Plastic would probably melt in the fire.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »
I don't think its a conspiracy. People are just shit to each other wall to wall. Let's just stop blowing each other up for like 5 minutes.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
Is this the same flight where that kid posted a picture of the plane before takeoff saying "This is what it looks like if it disappears"?

Yep. Terribly tragic.

Does Russia tell the USA to stop all the drug running in Mexico, or does Russia mind its own business? The US is only bothered because it has weapons systems sat in Ukraine pointed at Russia. The US are in the wrong. Russian actions are entirely understandable. It is the US that is over reaching again.

pls stahp. The US had citizens on this plane, so did Australia and a bunch of other nations, namely the Dutch. NATO has every right to pursue action over this. They shouldn't be using these weapon systems at all, they're designed to engage things like high alt bombers and ICBMs. Neither of those things are operated by the Ukrainian air force.. in fact the Ukrainian air force doesn't have much at all any more.

The people who did this just murdered 298 people and they need to be apprehended and trialed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:45:17 PM by Vindictus »

Thork

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
pls stahp. The US had citizens on this plane
The US had one citizen on that plane. The Dutch had 154. I don't see why it would be the US who should be leading the charge as usual. The answer is because its nothing to do with how many American's died. Its about US Airbases and missile platforms in the Ukraine right on Russia's doorstep. Its a situation they cannot allow to happen. It is too much of a concession and leaves Russia very threatened by the US in all future conflicts. The Ukraine cannot be allowed to become part of the EU. Its too much for Russia to bear. I don't understand why American think they can push for this as an outcome and not expect Russia to do everything in its power to stop it. The US is causing the entire conflict ... as usual.

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »
Well, Australia lost 28 and we're basically America.

Thork

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Well, Australia lost 28 and we're basically America.
Don't be so hard on yourselves.

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
Russia has the black box apparently. That was quick.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »

it's not like they don't know where it was, and it went down in an area which is, to put it mildly, sympathetic to Russian interests. It would surprise me if the Russians didn't get there first.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »

it's not like they don't know where it was, and it went down in an area which is, to put it mildly, sympathetic to Russian interests. It would surprise me if the Russians didn't get there first.

Strange though that on its way to the air crash investigators it had to go via Moscow.

Ghost of V

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Oh my God, lol. I can't even comprehend how they could see that as a good idea.