Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anime thread
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2015, 12:13:24 AM »
Anyway the quality level of the show really dropped when it got to the fairy thing. It feels like the story of the original Sword Art Online game should have been dragged out a bit more. The drama of people fighting in the game for their lives was actually interesting; but in the fairy game death is just like a real MMO, that is, death is just a minor annoyance. It creates a noticeably less tense environment even though the protagonist seems to still give off the vibe that he is fighting for his life (which makes sense) but it clashes with the actual fact that it really is just a game again.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »
What I don't get is why the theme of high school romance is so popular in Japanese animation.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2015, 12:22:28 AM »
What I don't get is why the theme of high school romance is so popular in Japanese animation.

That's like saying you don't get why Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows always involve middle and high school students.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »
I hated the sister thing too. Every single female who comes into protagonists life falls in love with him. That gets so boring.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2015, 12:28:56 AM »
Anyway the quality level of the show really dropped when it got to the fairy thing. It feels like the story of the original Sword Art Online game should have been dragged out a bit more. The drama of people fighting in the game for their lives was actually interesting; but in the fairy game death is just like a real MMO, that is, death is just a minor annoyance. It creates a noticeably less tense environment even though the protagonist seems to still give off the vibe that he is fighting for his life (which makes sense) but it clashes with the actual fact that it really is just a game again.

Watch sword art online 2.  It goes back up.  More death (real death) less fan service. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
Watch sword art online 2.  It goes back up.  More death (real death) less fan service.

My google-fu has indicated there is no dubbed version of season 2, so I will have to wait.

I hated the sister thing too. Every single female who comes into protagonists life falls in love with him. That gets so boring.

It allows me to better empathize with the protagonist because I have a similar problem.

« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2015, 12:36:34 AM »
Sword Art Online isn't very good.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2015, 12:41:24 AM »
Sword Art Online isn't very good.

It'd definitely be a lot better without the incest and pedophilia.

« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2015, 01:14:58 AM »
Even incest and pedophilia would be tolerable if there was some characterisation. Actually maybe not, Eva sucked too.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
Record of Lodoss War