Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Sexual Scandals
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »
Exposing yourself to and jerking off in front of unconsenting women is not normal, not commonplace, and absolutely is criminal. C.K. has done this several times to multiple different women over the course of many years. He's not just a creep, he's a sex pest. Are you really, really using this guy as your example of someone who deserves lenience?
Didn't he ask first though? Most of the women said he asked first and they thought it was a joke so responded like "okay.."

“At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true,” - Louis C.K. but also backed up by the women who came forward. And while I get it's an abuse of power or at least extremely inappropriate, he still asked and that makes it less horrible imo.

Rama Set

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
I think there was another case where he was on the phone with a writer and just started masturbating and told her.

That being said, I think everyone agrees that the MeToo movement is a positive thing as long as it doesn’t turn in to every man accused having his life shattered. So far almost every case has seemed fairly just to me. Louis CK could very well make a comeback, we don’t know right now. The media worked out the Aziz Ansari case and it settled right around where it should. The woman who is credited with creating the movement along with many other feminists have voiced many of the same concerns that have been written here, so I think this will all turn out for the better.

Of course there will be idiots who will tweet, “Some guy told me I was cute. #MeToo”, but they will be a minority and there will also be liars, but they too will almost surely be a minority. Let’s just take a moment in history unfold and learn what we can.

PS This conversation maybe needs to be split off or merged in to the Sex Scandals thread.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:54:11 PM by Rama Set »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
PS This conversation maybe needs to be split off or merged in to the Sex Scandals thread.

Agree. Done.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 01:42:58 AM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/louis-cks-path-a-comeback-runs-comedy-clubs-1100976

See, the groundwork is already being laid for C.K.'s redemption. Let's all take solace in the fact that his punishment for his years of sexual predation won't be too severe. ::)
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »
Skip to 3.30 for a confession of sorts...

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 03:31:11 PM »
If you're a Moore supporter its something.  That's all they need to keep denying it.

It underscores the problem with a 2 party system.
No matter how bad your candidate is as a human being, you can't afford to have "The enemy" in office so you go with your party.

Exactly! That's why I supported 2016 Green party candidate Dr Jill Stein. The lesser of two evils is a logical fallacy. And the two parties of the USA actually work together to keep third parties down. They ignore rank choice voting, set up next-to-impossible criteria for parties to be eligible for campaign funding and ballot access, and they control the televised debates and makes it almost impossible for third party candidates to participate in the debates. I personally believe that the two parties are two sides of the same coin that are controlled by the elite class.
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 05:00:25 AM »
https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/louis-c-k-performs-first-stand-up-set-since-harassment-allegations-1202918581/

And he's back. It hasn't been even a year of inactivity for him, but he's ready to just pick up the pieces and resume his career. I'm not trying to jeer about how I told you so (I didn't even tell you so, as this is far sooner than I expected), but stress the point that the #metoo movement is not destroying lives and ending careers, and that we are far, far from the point where we need to be worrying about excessive punishment for the abusive behavior of powerful men.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 11:15:13 AM »
What do you think about Asia Argento?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/louis-c-k-performs-first-stand-up-set-since-harassment-allegations-1202918581/

And he's back. It hasn't been even a year of inactivity for him, but he's ready to just pick up the pieces and resume his career. I'm not trying to jeer about how I told you so (I didn't even tell you so, as this is far sooner than I expected), but stress the point that the #metoo movement is not destroying lives and ending careers, and that we are far, far from the point where we need to be worrying about excessive punishment for the abusive behavior of powerful men.

I am glad he is back. He shouldn't have taken so much time off in the first place. But you pretending to be offended that he wasn't cast away forever is pretty entertaining.

Rama Set

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »
I am pretty sure he will never get an HBO deal again.