Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Saddam Hussein

Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »
I have completed Operation Anchorage and The Pitt.  So far, these add-ons are kind of meh.  Perhaps NV has spoiled me.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »
I have completed Operation Anchorage and The Pitt.  So far, these add-ons are kind of meh.  Perhaps NV has spoiled me.
I'm waiting for you to play Mothership Zeta and Point Lookout.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »
Are they better?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2013, 01:46:30 AM »
Are they better?
I remember them being more fun. It's been a couple years though. It might have only been fun for the gimmick of aliens and cliche plantation/zombies though.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2013, 01:53:43 AM »
I was told that Mothership Zeta kinda sucks. I like anchorage because free stuff.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2013, 02:17:55 AM »
I was told that Mothership Zeta kinda sucks. I like anchorage because free stuff.
It was weird and I think I rushed through it. But you're on a UFO. And aliens!

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
Mothership Zeta is by far the most fun I had in F3.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
Mothership Zeta is by far the most fun I had in F3.

Alright, fair enough. I only heard. I'll take your word for it.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
I've heard that a lot of people hate it for bringing aliens into the Fallout universe, and also because there's some implication that the aliens might have been responsible for the nuclear war.  For example, here are a couple of discussions on the subject:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=987366

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1erk0w/

Fair warning, they're full of smug hipsters circlejerking.

I have taken advantage of the free games thing with Xbox Live to download Sleeping Dogs.  Cool.  And on the 16th, it looks like I'll be able to download some shitty-looking Tomb Raider spin-off.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:47:40 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »
I have taken advantage of the free games thing with Xbox Live to download Sleeping Dogs.  Cool.  And on the 16th, it looks like I'll be able to download some shitty-looking Tomb Raider spin-off.

Uncharted isn't on the Xbox.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »
I said spin-off, not rip-off.  You need to lrn2English, you Finfag.  Anyway, this is it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft_and_the_Guardian_of_Light

See, it's part of the franchise, but it's not the main series, blah blah blah.  Anyway, it looks like garbage.  But it's free, so I guess I'll get it.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »
I've heard very good things about it. It's supposedly far more of a puzzle game than a platforming game, which could be good since neither of those aspects were very good in regular Tomb Raider games.

In fact, I appear to have the game in my Steam library. So I might as well give it a go, and then we'll see who's the one who hates everything! grumble grumble

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2014, 06:10:11 AM »
Totec is an ancient Mesoamerican. Why does he speak English?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:13:21 AM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:14 AM »
Monster Hunter, yeeeeeeee

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »
I've been playing A Link Between Worlds recently and I'm not sure what I think about it yet. Don't get me wrong, the artwork, the music, the charm and style of the game are all brilliant, as is the return to ALTTP Hyrule but I'm not sure about the 'rent your equipment' aspect. To me one of the joys of Zelda was being faced with puzzles which you can't tackle at first, then finding the item and having an 'ah-hah!' moment when you realise how the puzzle can be solved. With this game I haven't had that, yet. (Still collecting the pendants and haven't even heard of Lorule in-game.)

Most other Zelda games have big parts  of the world locked away from you until you acquire the equipment needed to tackle them, it is great at rceating the illusion of a young adventurer taking his first steps into the world and getting better as he goes. In ALBW the fact that you can be virtually fully equipped after the first dungeon destroys that illusion.

Oh, and so far it's been far, far too easy. It's a problem that has plagued a lot of recent Zelda titles. Time was, puzzles could leave you scratching your head for hours, even the early dungeons threw up a few toughies (If I recall, Jabu Jabu's belly was the second or third dungeon in Ocarina) Hopefully, it becomes something closer to the Zelda I recognise when we enter Lorule, but at the moment it's far off the top of the Zelda charts.

What was the thinking behind adding specific save points to a portable game? The whole point of the handheld games is that you should be able t pick them up when you have a spare ten minutes and put them down without hassle, you shouldn't need to run back to (admittedly generously spaced) save points.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:43:54 PM by Ghost Spaghetti »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:51 AM »
Sleeping Dogs has got to be one of the most predictable and uninspired games I've played in a very long time.  It's basically just a GTA clone set in Hong Kong, and the undercover cop element is packed with almost every single obvious cliché that we've all seen so many times before.  The one thing that really stands out about this game is the kung fu, which is so ridiculously over-the-top that it's awesome.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:35:55 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2014, 03:56:22 AM »
The guy and I have been playing Torchlight II. It's a pretty fun and rather addicting loot RPG.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »
ALBW has seriously come into its own now we've entered Lorule and I've bought most of the equipment apart from the rods and the boomerang. There have been some genuinely challenging dungeons (Ice Ruins, thou art a bitch!)and the world-swapping is well-done and intuitive.

Not sure what princess Hilda's game is, yet. I don't trust her.

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »
ALBW has seriously come into its own now we've entered Lorule and I've bought most of the equipment apart from the rods and the boomerang. There have been some genuinely challenging dungeons (Ice Ruins, thou art a bitch!)and the world-swapping is well-done and intuitive.

Not sure what princess Hilda's game is, yet. I don't trust her.

Ugh, the ice one was a bitch. Not because it was hard, but because it was so long and had so many places you could fail. I played like a cheapskate too, so when I lost to the final boss I reset the game and went from my last save point because I didn't want to hire everything again.