Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10140 on: December 31, 2022, 06:58:23 PM »
Either way, I'm sure that he's taking the tax write off.
Take this with a grain of salt because I don't have a link handy, but I saw a headline when I was toilet-scrolling through the news earlier that I'm pretty sure said the returns showed he did not donate his presidential salary for a couple years he was in office. So he might not have.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: December 31, 2022, 08:19:09 PM »
Take this with a grain of salt because I don't have a link handy, but I saw a headline when I was toilet-scrolling through the news earlier that I'm pretty sure said the returns showed he did not donate his presidential salary for a couple years he was in office. So he might not have.

Yeah.  Wasn't a tax writeoff.  He technically made $1 while in office with the rest of his salary going to one department or another.
I'm curious to see how that looks on paper but not today.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: December 31, 2022, 08:49:06 PM »
This is what I found:
President Trump donated at least $1.4 million of the $1.6 million he earned as president to various federal agencies. Still in question, however, are the donations for the third and fourth quarters of 2020. Our auditors at OpenTheBooks.com verified fourteen of sixteen quarterly donations over four years.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: January 02, 2023, 04:37:29 PM »

Yes, he was going to donate his presidential salary to charity. Just like he promised he would release his tax returns.
Just like his 'Trump University' was going to make people rich.
Just like he called his rabid, mongoloid followers to attack our democracy and threw them under the bus afterwards.
Just like every business deal he made from the '90s till now,
He's an absolute lying sack of shit, commie-sympathizing traitor. I understand people falling for his bullshit for a few decades but anyone who listens to him at this point is a complete idiot who deserves to lose everything and go to jail with Steve Bannon.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: January 02, 2023, 07:11:33 PM »
Just like he promised he would release his tax returns.

But he couldn't release his tax returns because they were under audit.  Except that they weren't, even though they were supposed to be.
But the revelation about the IRS’s failure to perform the required audit of Trump’s taxes—that it did not happen at all for more than two years, and that, according to the committee, his 2017, 2018, and 2019 tax returns were not even selected for audit until after he left office—deserves yet more scrutiny. The IRS’s own regulations mandate that a president’s taxes must be audited every year.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #10145 on: January 10, 2023, 02:52:01 PM »
Biden just gave Trump a masterclass on how to responsibly deal with finding classified docs in your possession inappropriately. Surprisingly, he didn’t claim he was being harassed, that his passport was stolen or that he could declassify documents with a thought. Just notified NARA and immediately returned them. Can’t wait for the GOP to attempt to equate the two situations. Perhaps this will be the first attempt at impeaching Biden?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: January 10, 2023, 06:42:42 PM »
Biden just gave Trump a masterclass on how to responsibly deal with finding classified docs in your possession inappropriately. Surprisingly, he didn’t claim he was being harassed, that his passport was stolen or that he could declassify documents with a thought. Just notified NARA and immediately returned them. Can’t wait for the GOP to attempt to equate the two situations. Perhaps this will be the first attempt at impeaching Biden?

I mean, Trump already is.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/09/1147977922/classified-documents-biden-doj-archives

"Trump took to his social media platform Truth Social after hearing the news, where he posted, "When is the FBI going to raid the many homes of Joe Biden, perhaps even the White House? These documents were definitely not declassified." "

Yes, Trump.  Becasue the white house, AKA the Presidental residence and office, is surely a place classified documents don't belong....  ::)
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #10147 on: January 10, 2023, 08:01:29 PM »
"When is the FBI going to raid the many homes of Joe Biden, perhaps even the White House? These documents were definitely not declassified."

I suppose the answer to his question is they FBI will raid Biden after he ignores multiple requests, for over a year, for documents to be returned and after he has lied about having said documents in his possession.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: January 11, 2023, 05:21:45 AM »
Apparently the freedom caucus's first and most important vote...

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1612952518144704512

Because when you wanna showboat, they showboat hard.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: January 20, 2023, 02:05:17 PM »
Oh hey, Trump lost the lawsuit against Hillary and now owes almost $1 million.

https://mastodon.social/@mmasnick/109719522254200593

Rama Set

« Reply #10150 on: March 18, 2023, 03:35:18 PM »
Oh hey, Trump is going to be charged with election related crimes on Tuesday.

EDIT: Apparently this indictment will be related to Stormy Daniels hush money payments.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 04:58:16 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: March 18, 2023, 05:29:03 PM »

EDIT: Apparently this indictment will be related to Stormy Daniels hush money payments.

The thing is that we haven't heard this from anyone official yet. Trump may be the 'illegal leak.' He may just be trying to summon his redneck army to rally to his defense and donate money. It may be just another limp-dick, self-deluded attempt to take over the country.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-says-he-expects-be-arrested-tuesday-manhattan-da-case-truth-social-2023-03-18/

This time, everybody's been warned. If a Trumpaholic mob of Pro-Putin mongoloids makes a run at one of our government buildings, I expect a helicopter gunship to come over the horizon and turn them into hamburger meat. That's why I pay taxes.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: March 18, 2023, 08:56:28 PM »

Yeah but so far the only info we have is from Trump himself.

I wouldn't mind him being arrested.  But they should do it on a Thursday, so that his followers are all ready Tuesday, take their vacation days or sick days or what not from work, then when it doesn't happen, go back to work Wednesday then BAM, Thursday rolls around and they arrest trump and no one is in the streets to demand his release.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: March 20, 2023, 10:41:13 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-tells-farmers-he-got-rid-of-the-death-tax-even-for-those-who-hate-their-children-have-fun/amp/

The bit at the end where he rambled about some people not loving their children. Oh for a really world class psychiatrist
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: March 20, 2023, 10:45:23 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-tells-farmers-he-got-rid-of-the-death-tax-even-for-those-who-hate-their-children-have-fun/amp/

The bit at the end where he rambled about some people not loving their children. Oh for a really world class psychiatrist

Well, best to talk about what you know.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10155 on: March 21, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »

Summary;
Trump didn't get arrested and more reporters than protestors showed up.

Guess Trump isn't popular enough to take off work to protest for anymore.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: March 23, 2023, 11:25:54 AM »

Summary;

Summary: More fake news.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: March 23, 2023, 11:31:40 AM »

Summary;

I didn't realize Trump was in the news profession. He was the one whining that he was gonna be arrested Tuesday.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: March 23, 2023, 11:38:25 AM »

Summary;

I didn't realize Trump was in the news profession. He was the one whining that he was gonna be arrested Tuesday.
And you were there in person hearing him say that?

And, even if he did say such a thing, you would believe him?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 11:40:07 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: March 23, 2023, 11:49:56 AM »

Summary;

And you were there in person hearing him say that?

And, even if he did say such a thing, you would believe him?

He literally posted it on Truth.
I think he even sent out emails.

So yes.  I believe he said such a thing.  And so did others.