The flat earth society
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »
So with recent events I was thinking about the flat earth society and what it really is. No I don't really read much more than the forum so this might be simple to answer for those in the know.
I'm wondering what the flat earth president is actually president of? Is the whole society web based? And with that is it just a forum and podcasts (btw I have never listened to those either, sorry but I spend my time online doing other things I deem more important).
Is there a physical society? And that's the point in my post, is the president loosing I retest in us, or are other parts of the society more important? You can imagine a group of secret handshakes and secret meetings on a Thursday just after dinner time but before Eastenders starts.

Thork

Re: The flat earth society
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
The flat earth society. The clue is in the name.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
So with recent events I was thinking about the flat earth society and what it really is. No I don't really read much more than the forum so this might be simple to answer for those in the know.
I'm wondering what the flat earth president is actually president of? Is the whole society web based? And with that is it just a forum and podcasts (btw I have never listened to those either, sorry but I spend my time online doing other things I deem more important).
Is there a physical society? And that's the point in my post, is the president loosing I retest in us, or are other parts of the society more important? You can imagine a group of secret handshakes and secret meetings on a Thursday just after dinner time but before Eastenders starts.
FES tis an actuel society but yes it tis mostley web based but has some other aspects. I am aware if you give a donation and join its physicel membership they give you an FE disc type thing and some monthley letters or something like that. And Daneil tis President of the Flat Earth Society and heads the organzation and hath done interviews in the past
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »
I'm mot sure what Daniel intended when he revived the FES.  Was it to promote Flat Earth Theory or to capitalize on it?  There used to be a membership fee, and there may still be if one wants the newsletters and all that, but with a free forum that serves to promote FET and the FES there's no money in it.  I can only conclude that Daniel's lack of interest in the forum these days stems either from an inability to capitalize on it or in protecting his real life reputation amd career (which still involves protecting his income). We have no photo of him, and his name is probably a Samuel Shenton-inspired pseudonym.  His real-life interests have almost certainly taken precedence over the forum for him.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
We have no photo of him, and his name is probably a Samuel Shenton-inspired pseudonym.
Hey now, we have a fair few photos of his back.
Also, we know his real name. It is not Shenton.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
I'm mot sure what Daniel intended when he revived the FES.  Was it to promote Flat Earth Theory or to capitalize on it?  There used to be a membership fee, and there may still be if one wants the newsletters and all that, but with a free forum that serves to promote FET and the FES there's no money in it.  I can only conclude that Daniel's lack of interest in the forum these days stems either from an inability to capitalize on it or in protecting his real life reputation amd career (which still involves protecting his income). We have no photo of him, and his name is probably a Samuel Shenton-inspired pseudonym.  His real-life interests have almost certainly taken precedence over the forum for him.
That is a vary good point. Its quite sad how mainstreem society discriminates agenst flat earthers :'(
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396

Thork

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:20:31 PM »
What?

Really? I've been there years. Its not? He's a bloody fraud? I mean my name isn't really David Thork, but I think most people already knew that.

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:28 AM »
What?

Really? I've been there years. Its not? He's a bloody fraud? I mean my name isn't really David Thork, but I think most people already knew that.
Its not? Mindblowimg :o
Viva la FES!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »
What?

I thought it was David Thork until a few days ago when I worked out who you are. Well the first bits a lie and the second bit wasnt hard to work out either.
You say society should be the clue. Well that still doesnt mean much though. A society can be any number of things and doesnt answer my question.
Are members meant to get news letters? Getting my member ship was hard enough, getting a news letter through my door, well im not holding my hopes up for that!
I wonder if there is an actual society outside of the forum that meets up and is all serious about FET?

I lost my flat earth 'globe' a while ago, I hope I find it when I move house :( My coin is still on display too. Maybe I will frame it with my certificate and hang it in my hallway to spark some interesting conversation. I like arguing for FET with my friends. It quickly proves that people really do lap up what they are told without understanding what the world is around them. Sorry I digress.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 02:12:56 AM »
Maybe they don't do the newsletter anymore.  Doesn't seem that there's much incentive for anyone to join the FES outside this forum (I know a newsletter isn't much of an incentive but it's better than nothing). 
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 04:29:05 AM »
We have no photo of him, and his name is probably a Samuel Shenton-inspired pseudonym.

So many questions present themselves.  How do we know that?  What is his real name?  And why the fuck did he lie to us and the media?  I mean, I can understand that he might not want to put his real name out there.  Our experience with him throughout his tenure has made it quite clear that he's pretty damn paranoid.  But the way he kept acting as though that was his real name just feels like deceit, and even worse, deceit that was specifically aimed at us.  It's like if I suddenly revealed that I wasn't really Saddam Hussein.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 01:31:41 AM »

So many questions present themselves.  How do we know that?  What is his real name?  And why the fuck did he lie to us and the media?  I mean, I can understand that he might not want to put his real name out there.  Our experience with him throughout his tenure has made it quite clear that he's pretty damn paranoid.  But the way he kept acting as though that was his real name just feels like deceit, and even worse, deceit that was specifically aimed at us.  It's like if I suddenly revealed that I wasn't really Saddam Hussein.
Put your real name out here, and then talk about how terribly he lied to you.
God is real.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:32 AM »
Like I just said, I'm Saddam Hussein.  Who else would I be? ???

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:16:35 AM »
IWTB
God is real.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
IWTB

That was a low blow.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 11:32:38 PM »
IWTB

That was a low blow.
I am truly sorry, I usually try not to cut somebody down so badly. Please forgive me.
God is real.

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 02:04:34 AM »
IWTB

That was a low blow.
I am truly sorry, I usually try not to cut somebody down so badly. Please forgive me.
Yeah that twas pretty harsh. Even for saddam
Viva la FES!

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
The "serious" fora are doing well, I see.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
The "serious" fora are doing well, I see.

Was that intended as sarcasm?  Clearly the members here are mostly regulars from the old site.  The upper fora won't see serious action until we get new people coming to ask questions.

If you don't have anything useful to add, I would ask that you please refrain from low content posts in the upper fora.