Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
The "help me find music similar to this" thread
« on: May 27, 2014, 04:25:26 AM »
Title sums it up pretty well. :P I know someone's going to think it's the epic funnies to post some weird song or a 'bad' song, so ha ha ha in advance. To be helpful, describe as much about what you want similar to the song as you can, don't just post a song (or songs) and nothing else. As an example, I'll start.

There's something about the feel of this song that I just love. Even though it's basically just rock music, I dunno, it's got this heart and attitude and sound that pulls at something in me. The pounding guitars and drums combined with the soulful, almost desperate voice, with a very almost southern-American feel to it. Plus the very descriptive and story-like lyrics that are so specific and combined with the emotion of his voice are just jakflsj for me. I really love how it almost sort of feels like a slow song but the music behind it says otherwise, and the "we can't WAAAAAAIT" kills me every time. Wikipedia describes it as "heartland rock", but I haven't felt like going through its examples yet. So, Pandoras of FES, plz help?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:28:44 AM by Snupes »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: The "help me find music similar to this" thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:35:33 AM »
lol Darude - Sandstorm lol
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:52:52 PM »
An interesting coincidence, seeing how I just recommended the album:

They even have the same basic lyrical theme!

Eddy Baby

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »
For a start I'd say (Sherlock alert) lots of the other stuff by The Killers.
The Killers' sound is pretty heavily influenced by the stadium indie kinda stuff that was popular in the UK around 10 years ago. In fact I thought the Killers were British for quite a while. They seem to have 'Americanised' quite a lot with their newer stuff, but it's still there.

I know this isn't hugely similar, this is a little less crisp sounding than that Killers song. But try it.

Again, not hugely similar, but no harm in posting it. No idea if Biffy Clyro are big in the US by their last 2/3 albums may appeal to you.

Ghost of V

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »
The Killers steal bass lines from The Smiths. Listen to The Smiths.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 02:33:21 AM »
lol Darude - Sandstorm lol

Yeah its not like Sandstorm, but its on that same "Best Dance Hits on the 90s" album.

Your welcome.