Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Logan Paul allegedly comes out as a Flat Earther
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »
Logan Paul, a YouTuber famous for the fact that he's famous, claims to now be a Flat Earther.

I hope I'm not the only one who's extremely sceptical of this. My contentions with FEIC aside, Logan Paul has a long history of saying whatever controversial crap he thinks would get him more views on YouTube. A "surprise announcement" like this would be par for the course. Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but this just sounds fishy on so many levels.

Of course, as with every subject remotely connected to FET, people assume that we're directly linked. I propose that we put out an Announcement to the contrary. I'm not sure whether we should outright question his sincerity, or merely state that he has not been in contact with us and that we have no current intention of affiliating with him.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:05:07 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Re: Logan Paul allegedly comes out as a Flat Earther
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:16:18 AM »
Honestly after the Japan forest thing, I would recommend at least attempting to distance TFES from him a little. There's a VERY large crowd that hate him for that, and could lash out. Exactly how you do it is up to you, but you probably at least don't want to endorse him off the bat. Definitely with you this is more than likely just clickbait or similar though.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm not-so-subtly suggesting that we either slightly distance ourselves from him, or call him out on a likely bluff. I don't think endorsing him is on the table at all.

I guess there is also the "decline to comment" avenue.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:36:03 AM »
He also claimed to be colour blind.

He is not colour blind.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Bui1Hy0uecU/

Maybe the headline should be "Paul Logan admits to being a flat earther. Flat Earth Society doesn't want him".
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:38:10 AM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
Mark Sargent apparently left the conference b/c of Logan's presence. I'm only 10 minutes in, but pretty interesting. Have a look:

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »
Th*rk Mark Sargent. He's a narcissist and he doesn't like it when he's not the centre of attention. He only hates Logan Paul being there, because suddenly he's not the most important person in the room anymore. That whole video is him moaning about how other people were treating LP like he was royalty ... ie better than he was being treated. So he sulked and left and made this very long video that says absolutely nothing other than "I'm jealous of Logan Paul".

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
The reactions among the factions of the FE movement who don't normally talk to us. Some maintain the position of "any publicity is good publicity", while others have suddenly reached out. Interesting times may be ahead. Or maybe it'll all blow over in a few days. Who knows?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
I don't relish the thought of people lumping us together, but I don't think it would be right to be publicly questioning his sincerity like we're the gatekeepers of FET or something. We need neither embrace nor condemn him.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 10:36:18 PM »
I don't relish the thought of people lumping us together, but I don't think it would be right to be publicly questioning his sincerity like we're the gatekeepers of FET or something. We need neither embrace nor condemn him.
Wise words.

That said I'm no fan of Logan Paul. More of a Pewdiepie kind of guy myself. Th*rk T-series!  >o<

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:22:42 AM »
Aside from Thork trying to LARP a 16-year-old, what are your thoughts on this? The consensus seems that we shouldn't be making any strong statements, but does that mean staying completely silent, or just clarifying that the conference is not connected to FET and that our society has not been in contact with LP?

I propose the latter, since people are already asking these questions on Twitter. Might be good to pre-empt any potentially misleading news articles.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
Aside from Thork trying to LARP a 16-year-old, what are your thoughts on this? The consensus seems that we shouldn't be making any strong statements, but does that mean staying completely silent, or just clarifying that the conference is not connected to FET and that our society has not been in contact with LP?

I propose the latter, since people are already asking these questions on Twitter. Might be good to pre-empt any potentially misleading news articles.

If it were me, my society, the latter, for sure. B/c it's a solidly true statement, and a better message to get out in front of it, rather than lag.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »

Latter option sounds good.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 03:44:41 PM »
I would see TFES responding the way any civil group would respond. How would Pizza Hut respond if Logan had worn a Pizza Hut t-shirt in his Japanese forest video? They might release a generalized response to questions on social media but won't play with him directly.

The dude's a question mark. Treat him like any newbie poster.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 05:18:29 PM »
Thanks for your input, everyone!