Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Condemnation of a recent act of vandalism in PA
« on: July 21, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
It's been brought to our attention that some members of the wider Flat Earth community have engaged in an act of vandalism in a community park in Erie, Pennsylvania. Benches and trees were spray-painted on. While we do not believe that the perpetrators had any affiliation with the Flat Earth Society specifically, we do believe that it merits a response.

To be completely clear, the Flat Earth Society is appalled to hear that there are people in our community who would willfully damage public property. We understand people's enthusiasm to spread the message, but this is not the right way to go about it. Firstly, it does not help our cause - people do not see kindly to vandalism, and are likely to be left with a bitter taste in their mouths after seeing something like this. Secondly, we believe that public property commands a certain degree of respect and dignity from those who make us of it. If we don't all take responsibility for spaces like this, who will?

By all means, please continue educating people on the Earth's shape. Do encourage them to research it and formulate their own opinions. But please, do so in ways that do not harm the community around us. Let's do better than this.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:55:28 PM by Parsifal »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Screamer

Re: Condemnation of a recent act of vandalism in PA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day faux outrage arrived at The Flat Earth Society.

One might expect infiltration from NASA. Moles from the NSA. Obfuscation from the mass media conglomerate or indoctrination from government sponsored education facilities. But I didn't expect whining snowflakes to start condemning the acts of private citizens decrying "not in our name" and "we condemn these acts". Grow a pair.

The earth is broadly estimated to be 49.2m-192.6m miles2 depending on whether you think it to be round or spherical. 1 square yard of that space has spray paint on a biodegradable surface, somewhere on earth that more than 7 billion people will never see. And one person took it upon themselves to do something that made them happy for a short while that might irritate a few more people that none of us will ever meet either. And yet you took it upon yourself to speak on behalf of others and moralise to a wider community ... the acts of left wing liberal art students. It's ugly, it happened, life goes on. Suck it up snowflake.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:55 PM »
Not that I disagree, but how exactly has the "society" condemned this? This is the first I've heard of it.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 07:15:52 PM »
I never thought I'd see the day faux outrage arrived at The Flat Earth Society.

One might expect infiltration from NASA. Moles from the NSA. Obfuscation from the mass media conglomerate or indoctrination from government sponsored education facilities. But I didn't expect whining snowflakes to start condemning the acts of private citizens decrying "not in our name" and "we condemn these acts". Grow a pair.

The earth is broadly estimated to be 49.2m-192.6m miles2 depending on whether you think it to be round or spherical. 1 square yard of that space has spray paint on a biodegradable surface, somewhere on earth that more than 7 billion people will never see. And one person took it upon themselves to do something that made them happy for a short while that might irritate a few more people that none of us will ever meet either. And yet you took it upon yourself to speak on behalf of others and moralise to a wider community ... the acts of left wing liberal art students. It's ugly, it happened, life goes on. Suck it up snowflake.

Can you give me your address?  I wanna vandalize your house so I can hear you suck it up in person.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Screamer

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 08:01:04 AM »
Not that I disagree, but how exactly has the "society" condemned this? This is the first I've heard of it.
Read the title of the OP. Note that it is in announcements ... the section where the society makes public statements that also appear on the home page. QED.

Can you give me your address?  I wanna vandalize your house so I can hear you suck it up in person.
The sound of me sucking it up, sounds a lot like a Remington 870.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 11:44:40 AM »

Ah, so other people should ignore it and move on but you are allowed to take revenge.

I ask again, give me your address.  Cause I think I need to teach you about hypocracy, bitch.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Read the title of the OP. Note that it is in announcements ... the section where the society makes public statements that also appear on the home page. QED.

This isn't the place for your complaints. Consider this a warning.

Thread locked.