Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:04:39 AM »
Are there any FEers on this site who are able to explain in their own words how a lunar eclipse is explained on the Flat Earth? I am very interested in having an actual discussion about this.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

geckothegeek

Re: How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »
Are there any FEers on this site who are able to explain in their own words how a lunar eclipse is explained on the Flat Earth? I am very interested in having an actual discussion about this.

This has  been explained on another thread. But if no FE shows up to answer,  I will venture that this is the FE usual answer.

There is a mysterious,  disc shaped , round , called the "dark object" or "shadow object",  which comes between the earth and the moon and blots out the moon and causes the eclipse.
The "dark object" is otherwise invisible and lost in the glare of the sun. It seems to be like some gigantic black ping pong paddle about 5 or 10  miles in diameter.
According to FE , both the sun and the moon are 32 miles in diameter and  3000 miles above the earth, just below the ice dome above tbe earth.
There seems to be a disagreement amongst FE's as to how the moon gets it illumination. One group says the moon is "self-illuminated" by some kind of "bio-illumenescent creatures called 'moonshrimp' or 'moonshramp' and the phases of the moon are caused by these creatures migrating back and forth across the moon." If this is not correct, I hope some FE will supply the right information.

I would also like to see the flat earth explain the horizon in their own words.

I'm just an ignorant RE and paraphrasing Will  Rogers, " All I know is what I read (on the FES website) and that's my excuse for ignorance." LOL.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:46:28 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
Firstly, it would be nice to figure out how strong your understanding is of a lunar eclipse on a round earth. Please tell me what you believe to be causing a lunar eclipse in the presently accepted model, then we can delve into the logic behind it.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:51:14 PM »
Firstly, it would be nice to figure out how strong your understanding is of a lunar eclipse on a round earth. Please tell me what you believe to be causing a lunar eclipse in the presently accepted model, then we can delve into the logic behind it.

What I have posted is simply what  I have read from FE sources on this website. If this information is not correct, please make corrections.
FE logic explanation would be appreciated.

I have been accused of being disruptive for posting the true facts, so I will refrain from doing so and refer you to a reliable source such as an astronomical observatory for a true explanation of a lunar eclipse.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:53:31 PM »

What I have posted is simply what  I have read from FE sources on this website. If this information is not correct, please make corrections.

I have been accused of being disruptive for posting the true facts, so I will refrain from doing so and refer you to a reliable source such as an astronomical observatory for a true explanation of a lunar eclipse.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to OP. I've long written off any of your posts as anything worth reading.

IdentfyThis

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
I understand that you want an explanation using my own words but I'm not the best when it comes to that (language barrier) but I watched this video the other day and to me it made total sense. Here it is

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »

Wow, what wonderful deflection. Again, using one of the same few canned responses you have, which is is no way related to the discussion. Well done.

Also:

I have been accused of being disruptive for posting the true facts, so I will refrain from doing so...
That was priceless. You really are delusional, aren't you?

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
I understand that you want an explanation using my own words but I'm not the best when it comes to that (language barrier) but I watched this video the other day and to me it made total sense. Here it is

The FE game is to deny all reality, so I see no need or any reason to coninue and leave you to play your little games.
It is a simple fact the earth is a globe any way . But TFES  game is to pretend they don't know and useless to try to change their  minds.
So.... Adios , amigos y amigas ! .....For now at least. I shall be lurking. Enjoy !
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:52:05 PM by geckothegeek »

IdentfyThis

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »

The FE game is to deny all reality, so I see no need or any reason to coninue and leave you to play your little games.
It is a simple fact the earth is a globe any way . But TFES  game is to pretend they don't know and useless to try to change their  minds.
So.... Adios , amigos y amigas ! .....For now at least. I shall be lurking.
and is this how you prove to us that Earth is a globe? I will be waiting for proof but in the mean time your response has nothing to do with this post or with what I have posted.
You probably didn't even watch the video or have looked at all into the FE model.. but its ok.
Thank you for leaving, you are doing us a favor.
Some of us have legit questions and wanna just talk about it but all I have seen so far are the globe heads being rude and very imature.
anyways... have a nice day. =)

geckothegeek

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 08:44:47 PM »
Any comments on the FE comments, Boots  ?
Ask him to explain the flat earth horizon  ::) ???

Just one more question for FE's. My apologies for popping back in here.
Have you ever visited an observatory ? They can answer all your "Round Earth" questions.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:19:35 PM by geckothegeek »

IdentfyThis

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 08:59:44 PM »
Any comments on the FE comments, Boots
Ask him to explain the flat earth horizon  ::) ???

IdentfyThis

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 09:03:08 PM »
no matter how high you go you see this same exact thing. But you can see further away the higher you get...

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »
no matter how high you go you see this same exact thing. But you can see further away the higher you get...
Not true, I took a photo from 24218 meters altitude that shows curvature.

I've challenged people here to do the same. It's literally a $100-$200 operation, I'm sure you can get together and do the same.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 02:12:23 AM »

No, the topic is "How is a lunar eclipse explained on the Flat Earth?" Answer that! You pop up every so often, but never explain anything about Flat Earth.

The explanations about the Lunar Eclipse on the Globe Earth have been given plenty of times.

But you could take a look at Introductory Astronomy: The Celestial Sphere
Where you will find:

Diagram of lunar eclipse. Relative scale is correct!

geckothegeek

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »

The question was about the lunar eclipse on a flat earth.
I saw no response from any fe's , so I just filled in their place with what I have read on this forum.
If you have a better explanation please post your explanation and correct any errors in mine.
Once again, the question was asked for an explanation of a lunar eclipse on a "flat earth", not on a "round earth."
Please tell us first the answers for a lunar eclipse on a flat earth in your own words.
I am sure explanations for a lunar eclipse on a "round earth" will follow.

A  diagram showing a lunar eclipse on a flat earth would be instructional, such as the one shown for a round eartn in rabinoz's previous post before this one.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:53:47 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 05:10:25 AM »

You got one thing right. The horizon will be further away the higher you get. .
Consult any  Naval Manual For Lookouts for* distances to the horizon fof heights of the observer.
Explain how this would be on flat earth.

But, please, back to the question.:
Explain the lunar eclipse on a flat earth.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 06:18:51 AM »
Any comments on the FE comments, Boots  ?

I have been offline for awhile. I'll make another post soon.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:46:42 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 06:45:46 AM »

I subscribe to the theory that the earth is shaped like a wedge of watermelon. So I don't have that strong of an understanding of a lunar eclipse on a global earth. I do plan on posting my question on a global earth website as well. I hope they don't require me to explain my understanding of a lunar eclipse on a flat earth before they can tell me how a lunar eclipse is explained on a global earth. That would leave me in a real pickle.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:46:09 AM by Boots »

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 07:00:29 AM »

Seriously though, here is a diagram describing what I believe to be causing a lunar eclipse on a global earth:

As you can see, the earth comes between the sun and the moon and casts a shadow over some or all of the moon. Even if the moon is completely in earth's shadow it still appears reddish-brown. This is because some of the Sun's light bends through the Earth's atmosphere and reflects off the moon. Is that enough to get us started?

IdentfyThis

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 12:56:01 PM »
Not true, I took a photo from 24218 meters altitude that shows curvature.

I've challenged people here to do the same. It's literally a $100-$200 operation, I'm sure you can get together and do the same.
may I see this photo please? Why aren't there more of them? ddid you use fish eye lens?