No Religion= Peace
« on: June 17, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
Before people start fighting me over the subject, I first want to say that actually I am a Christian and I go to church every Sunday and participate in many of the church's activities. However, I am really convinced that if we go back the moment humans were created on this earth, and take away every religion, there will be world peace... I don't know about you but I would really love to know your opinions.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »
Before people start fighting me over the subject, I first want to say that actually I am a Christian and I go to church every Sunday and participate in many of the church's activities. However, I am really convinced that if we go back the moment humans were created on this earth, and take away every religion, there will be world peace... I don't know about you but I would really love to know your opinions.

Nope.

Religion is an excuse to divide, not the reason for division.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »
Yeah no. It's a ridiculous argument because you can't say that if this particular aspect of society that was an inevitable part of its evolution hadn't happened things would be different, because it was inevitable. At any rate I think religion is more a scapegoat than anything else, a convenient excuse for people whose real motivation for going to war is power and wealth. People would want those things whether religion existed or not.

I'm an agnostic btw.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
Tribalism and scarcity of resources causes conflict and religion enables tribalism.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
If we go back the moment humans were created on this earth, and take away every religion, there will be world peace...

There was no religion before the fall of man, there was only direct communion with God. (Adam walked with God in the garden of Eden) After the Fall of Adam, we lost direct communion with God through our sin. 

With or without religion, the world is still at enmity with God. We will still kill each other and have wars and maybe actually be worse off, However, a Christian understands that religion does not save anyone, The theif on the cross never made it to church. Faith and obedience in Christ is all thats required and yes, you can kind of call that faith religion if it floats your boat.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
Much as It would easy to attribute our propensity to kill each other to our addiction to mumbo-jumbo (see above), it’s not the case. We’re just violent and nasty given the chance, and the gods we invent largely prove that, without religion we have ethnicity, long borne grudges and the fact that your valley is nice, I want your valley, but you outnumber me a bit, ooh I came in the night and cut your throats and I have your valley.

It’s estimated that only 6% of wars are religious in intent rather than just wars of expansion between differing faiths, and it is depressing to note, in that 6% how many of those conflicts are internecine, one branch of the same belief butchering the other over interpretation of some ancient gibberish, reminds me of the Emo joke;

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump.

I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Religion will do as an excuse, but there are plenty others, Europe was traditionally riven with war, usually because of inbred monarchs arguing over strips of land and crowns. We went to war with Spain over an ear, Honduras and El Salvador had one over football, we’re fucked because we’re stupid, god’s a part of that stupidity, but so are flags and pride.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »
Without religion, we'd find some other equally arbitrary means of distinguishing 'Us' from 'Them.'

There was a really interesting series of The Island with Bear Grylls* where two groups of 'survivors' were marooned on two parts of a tropical island, a group made up of 18-30 year olds and another made up of over 30s. On the third or fourth day, the two groups who were both struggling to find food and water met one another. You might have expected them to merge the groups, better sub-divide the tasks, and work together. Instead, they had formed very distinct 'In' and 'Out' groups and were at each others' throats before long.

I know that this is just trash reality TV - probably at least partly scripted and carefully edited to exacerbate minor differences, not to mention favouring incompatible people in the first place - but even if entirely fictional, it shows how quickly arbitrary lines in the sand are drawn.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
Without religion, we'd find some other equally arbitrary means of distinguishing 'Us' from 'Them.'

There was a really interesting series of The Island with Bear Grylls* where two groups of 'survivors' were marooned on two parts of a tropical island, a group made up of 18-30 year olds and another made up of over 30s. On the third or fourth day, the two groups who were both struggling to find food and water met one another. You might have expected them to merge the groups, better sub-divide the tasks, and work together. Instead, they had formed very distinct 'In' and 'Out' groups and were at each others' throats before long.

I know that this is just trash reality TV - probably at least partly scripted and carefully edited to exacerbate minor differences, not to mention favouring incompatible people in the first place - but even if entirely fictional, it shows how quickly arbitrary lines in the sand are drawn.

This is a very real thing called realistic conflict theory. The old Robbers cave study did something similar with 11 and 12 year old boys.

It is also explored in the documentary series Lost.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 08:29:35 PM »

And the book Lord of the Flies.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »
The Milgram Experiment is pretty telling, under the right conditions we are all capable of atrocities.
Its nice to know that some of them didn't actually go all the way up, but the majority did.

Oh yeah, and those 1912 RC Baptists are crazy heretics. ;)
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:18 AM »
There are plenty of atheist countries in the world you can look upon to see if the absence of religion has had any impact on their prosperity

Mao Zedong of China..... How did that work out for the Chinese? The great famine in the 60's, or the 'cultural revolution?'

How about the Kim Dynasty of North Korea?

Or Joseph Stalin. How did the people go when he was in charge?

These are just some examples, I could go on and go further back in history

I'm not saying it was the absence of religion that caused the atrocities, but it shows that religion is not the reason for war and hatred. It is merely an excuse

One thing that atheist states seem to have in common is that the leader of the nation is to be somewhat worshipped. You replace 'God' with an 'ordinary man'. Who is that man 'accountable' to. At least with a God, even a King is to answer for his misdeeds in the end. Perhaps thousands of years ago this is what was needed to keep them in line and humble.

How many wars were fought because of a woman? Helen of Troy ring a bell? You don't remove all women because women are fought over. You conversely don't remove all the men because they cant keep it in their pants.

You are always going to have conflict. Others are things like money, land, power, envy etc.

Religion is a scapegoat. It is a tool used to drive the masses. If you remove it, then something just replaces it. Like money. But in most cases I imagine what replaces religion would be un unswerving loyalty to your state (like North Korea). For all the shit we see today, I believe that some people having faith in something is better than nobody having faith beyond our very limited understanding and intellectual capacity.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »
Sorry .... but you cannot eliminate Belief (religion) .. even atheism (the religion of man being in the place of God) ....
there are only two "religions" in the world ...
the religions of Human achievement (Satanic) and the one "religion" of divine accomplishment (Jesus / God)
............. indeed, as we approach the final days what will emerge is an earthy One-World-Religion devised by man
this earthy One-World-Religion will attempt to silence all opposition and especially the one Biblical Religion of divine accomplishment as we see today
..................... dadmansabode.com
BTW .... this supposed "peace" people are attempting to achieve will be a false peace ... and then sudden destruction will come ... see Revelation 6 .... are we there yet ??
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:20:27 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
Sorry .... but you cannot eliminate Belief (religion) .. even atheism (the religion of man being in the place of God) ....
there are only two "religions" in the world ...
the religions of Human achievement (Satanic) and the one "religion" of divine accomplishment (Jesus / God)
............. indeed, as we approach the final days what will emerge is an earthy One-World-Religion devised by man
this earthy One-World-Religion will attempt to silence all opposition and especially the one Biblical Religion of divine accomplishment as we see today
..................... dadmansabode.com
BTW .... this supposed "peace" people are attempting to achieve will be a false peace ... and then sudden destruction will come ... see Revelation 6 .... are we there yet ??

How can a religion that doesn't believe in God be satanic?  Satan is from God.  Like literally since God made everything. 

Secondly, one world religion is literally the goal of most religions in the world.  Christians, Jews, and Muslims all want there to be only one world religion.  God himself all but said it.

And really, if god didn't want us to be proud of our achievements, why the hell would he give us brains?  Why not make us like gold fish, stupid and unable to do anything more than fling poo and look pretty?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
And really, if god didn't want us to be proud of our achievements, why the hell would he give us brains?  Why not make us like gold fish, stupid and unable to do anything more than fling poo and look pretty?

Well, actually it's heavily implied that angels were created for just that purpose. To look pretty and do nothing but worship God all day everyday (and it's also implied that they have no free will, that their worship is mandated). Any man can create an army of robots that worship him, but it takes a real leader to create something that has free will and have that being freely choose to worship you.

Therefore the answer to why would you create humans to worship you is obvious: because there's no fun in having something worship you when it is forced to do so.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »

How can a religion that doesn't believe in God be satanic?  Satan is from God.  Like literally since God made everything. 
Secondly, one world religion is literally the goal of most religions in the world.  Christians, Jews, and Muslims all want there to be only one world religion.  God himself all but said it.

How can a religion that doesn't believe in God be satanic? .... because Satan is the enemy of God and the father of murder and lies - the father of all false belief / error - even atheism
Satan is from God .... no, Satan is a (free willed) rebellious angel at war with God
Christians, Jews, and Muslims all want there to be only one world religion .... um, no .... Christians believe in and point to Jesus Christ the son of God / God manifest in the flesh
Muslims believe that God has no son .... Jews (Judaism) rejects Jesus as the son of God (for now)
only one world religion.  God himself all but said it ..... um, no .... not according the the revelation of God (the Bible) = Jesus is THE way / THE truth and THE life .... there is no salvation under any other name
and no .... God does not intend for you to fling poo
if god didn't want us to be proud of our achievements, why the hell would he give us brains? .... man by his own wisdom cannot find God ..... Since we have accepted the technology of the atom and have rejected the sermon on the mount .. we therefore now live in a society full of nuclear giants and ethical infants
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:17:15 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 12:29:42 AM »
Obvious troll is obvious.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:37:56 PM »

.....Philippians 3

Today people think they can find God–and salvation–any number of ways. One God, many paths, they say. You just have to find the right one for you.
Yet those are all roads that go nowhere near heaven. Worse, they lead straight to hell. The question for you is, what path are you on—what road are you traveling?
Do you really know God, and does He know you? There are no more important issues you can resolve than the nature of your relationship with God and the truth about your eternal destiny.
In The Road to Nowhere, John MacArthur offers a three-point test to help you honestly evaluate your standing before God.
Gain confidence in your relationship with the Lord as you discover the distinctive qualities that are part of every believer’s life—and most important,
learn how to steer clear of the road that leads nowhere.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

How can a religion that doesn't believe in God be satanic? .... because Satan is the enemy of God and the father of murder and lies - the father of all false belief / error - even atheism
Satan is from God .... no, Satan is a (free willed) rebellious angel at war with God
Christians, Jews, and Muslims all want there to be only one world religion .... um, no .... Christians believe in and point to Jesus Christ the son of God / God manifest in the flesh
Muslims believe that God has no son .... Jews (Judaism) rejects Jesus as the son of God (for now)
only one world religion.  God himself all but said it ..... um, no .... not according the the revelation of God (the Bible) = Jesus is THE way / THE truth and THE life .... there is no salvation under any other name
and no .... God does not intend for you to fling poo
if god didn't want us to be proud of our achievements, why the hell would he give us brains? .... man by his own wisdom cannot find God ..... Since we have accepted the technology of the atom and have rejected the sermon on the mount .. we therefore now live in a society full of nuclear giants and ethical infants

Actually I was more like:

God made Lucifer as an angel.  If you fail to believe in God, then Lucifer can't exist as his existence relies on God making him.  So yes, Satan is from God.  God is literally Satan's father.

All 3 of those religions proclaim themselves to be the one true interpretation.  And those who disbelieve are heretics who will go to Hell.  You can figure out the rest from there.

You literally just made my point.  "Jesus is THE way / THE truth and THE life .... there is no salvation under any other name"  How can there be ANY OTHER RELIGION if Christianity is literally the only correct one?

I'd agree but we're more like teenagers, not infants.  The Jews of old were infants, whining and crying, making rules on what you can and can't eat because you didn't know how to cook it properly.  Waging wars and slavery.  Oh yes, Slavery was a thing.  And quite common.  But I guess us infants are ethically worse..  Oh look, less slavery.  Huh...

Obvious troll is obvious.
Well, yeah, but I like to eat troll bait.  It tastes like chicken.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
If you fail to believe in God, then Lucifer can't exist as his existence relies on God making him

God exists whether you believe in him or not

All 3 of those religions proclaim themselves to be the one true interpretation. 
And those who disbelieve are heretics who will go to Hell. 
You can figure out the rest from there.

If I hand you a fake twenty dollar bill .... does that now mean that all twenty dollar bills are fake ?

Proof of the existence of God

and to clarify .... it's life long rejection of Jesus Christ that places a man in Hell < no need to go there
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:28:50 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
As an aside, Macarthur's Eschatology is diametrically opposed to his covenant theology.  (just sayin)
He is a strange bird and not to be trusted with the end times.

From your posts its pretty obvious that you are a Christian, I was under the impression that you are a Roundy.
If you are a Roundy, then please investigate flat earth "seriously" it will help you understand whats happening now.

:)